“Allegro Club Cayo Guillermo!”

Sercotel Club Cayo Guillermo
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Cayo Guillermo
Toronto, Canada
“Allegro Club Cayo Guillermo!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I recently travelled to a place in Cuba called, Cayo Guillermo. I travelled solo this time, to contemplate my life a little. I wanted to find a resort type setting where I could have a beautiful ocean and a laid back atmosphere. I found what I was looking for at Allegro Club. Interestingly enough, the staff and entertainers are as spectacular as the weather. I met a lot of the staff I guess because I was vacationing alone and to be honest, I welcomed people to chat with and have some drinks and smokes. I know that a lot of people who rate trips focus a lot on talking about the resort but that isn't my aim here. I met some of the nicest, funniest and courteous Cuban people. An example was an animator who works there, her name is Yunet. Always smiling, always talking! She was really helpful in translating Spanish for me and she convinced me to roll off my pool chair and join in with the daily pool competitions. I almost won a bottle of rum. Rum by the way is about 5 bucks another great thing about Cuba! Yorkis, was another employee of the resort and anytime This guy knows his stuff when it comes to Kite-surfing although he's too busy running around seeing what people needed that I doubt he gets a chance to go. I don't know if anyone from the resort ever reads these summaries, but Sanin and Yari, thanks again for all of your help, I actually walked all the way to that great snorkeling spot you told me about! Amazing trip, really appreciated everyone I met, I just wish I knew more Spanish! I am returning to this hotel in august actually and I can't wait to have the warm clear ocean and the Cuban hospitality all over again.

Me Encantas Cuba!

Room Tip: Ask for the Junior suite, its the best view and ideal location for a spectacular holiday
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank ryan b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Polish first
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2014

my husband were really impressed with our stay at the Allegro club cayo Guillermor. In our minds a higher star than it is rated, it could be a 4+ star ... nice pool ,clean rooms .nice beach, awesome staff, food was good never went hungry. It was a very relaxing and quiet resort which we wanted. No bank at the resort so if you want money exchanged do it at airport.We went to relax not shop so didn't matter to us.once you buy a bottle of water they will refill it at the bars .our maid was great. Ashley at front desk was awesome.... everyone was. we will be back..... had an awesome time

Room Tip: second floor
5 Thank lindamadden
Terrebonne, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a very nice trip at this hotel, the room was not far from the beach for kiting ( special thanks to Idalia and edwin for their good service
and their beautiful smiles) The new allegro is more on the road for is new
look and is new room.
a+
next time
serge y anik old clients

3 Thank serge b
Nova Scotia
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband & I stayed at the Allegro Club Cayo Guillermo from March 11th to 18th, 2014. It was a last minute trip for us so the all inclusive price was a real deal. We usually stay at 3.5 to 4 stars so were really impressed with this 3 star resort. It could easily be a 4 star. This is a small resort, quiet and relaxing, which is what we prefer.

The food was very good with lots of selection at the buffet. Great stir fry beef & chicken done by a chef at one of the grill stations. Also pizza station was very good. We went to the Italian a la carte and found the food was much better at the buffet. Dining room staff were very friendly and attentive.

We are beach people. Loved the warm shallow water and walks on the beach. Especially enjoyed watching the kite surfers. The kite surfing school is next door to the resort. Apparently people come from all over the world to go kite surfing here.

We stayed in the hotel part on the second floor, room #156. Lots of hot water and great air conditioning. Nice view from our balcony.

Entertainment staff did a great job and were always friendly with the guests. Especially Mr.
Happy, Manual. Loved watching the kids show, which usually started at 8:30 pm before the adult entertainment. Thought it was great that the children were part of the entertainment, especially liked their play with the children in full costume.

We were impressed with this small resort. It rates in the top 2 of our favourites in Cuba.

6 Thank NovaScotiaSnowbirds
P E I
Reviewed April 5, 2014

we had a wonderfull time at allergo club cayo Guillermo the staff was lovely the maid we had was wonderfull the food was great the beach was nice also the pool would go back again the only problem was the did nothave water in the fridge witch the should also the shoul hacve a place in the hotel to excange money other then that had a great tim

2 Thank momma9
Creemore, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Spent seven days in a tropical paradise. The Allegro Club on Cayo Guillermo was awesome. The friendly staff greeted you every morning with a smile. All-inclusive buffet style meals included fresh fish and fruits. The meals were tasty,colourful and nutritious. Beaches and grounds were always clean. The cottage style accommodation is like having your own ground-level air conditioned residence. The rooms were comfortable and were cleaned daily. The interior design and exterior layout of the resort are very beautiful and conducive to walking a lot. During the afternoon and evening there was always a fun event to participate in. On Friday night they had a musical and dance extravaganza. Cuban music is so infectious. The inside bar is named after Ernest Hemingway, who spent time on the island before the resorts were built. One of the nice features is a resident Doctor on the premises available 24 hours a day. The strong, consistent wind attracts many Kite-Surfers from all over the world-great to watch. Other water sports like fishing, snorkeling and sailing are available. A very relaxing week. I look forward to returning again next year.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach are great for watching Kite Surfers and accessing the Beach.
3 Thank Bryan D
Saint Hyacinthe, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband and I are very familiar with trips to Cuba and hotels, as he is cubain. The Allegro was perfect for us, we rent a "wood house" on the beach and they are extremely comtortable and clean, never seen that before in Cuba. I had a great surprise in the buffet; a lot of variety of meat et fresh fish and fresh vegetables, the best desserts I have eaten. AMAZING CHEESE that costs a fortune here. The pools are splendid and very clean, we are FAR from Varadero quality. Allegro can be compared to Cayo Santa Maria. Perfect for us as we wanted to be apart, but also prefect if you want to be around people. The sand is white and the water is so clear you see your foot. The best of all worlds. I would like to mention Liuadys at the buffet for her excellent service, Edwin a the reception is a sweetheart, and Ashley always available to help. No doubt we are returning. By that time I gues all the beach will be ready as they are still working on it.

Room Tip: Without a doubt the wood chalet near the beach are luxury, but the "colored ones" are very...
3 Thank Pat B
Melia Jardines del Rey
Melia Jardines del Rey
#9 of 12 in Cayo Coco
Memories Flamenco Beach Resort

Been to Sercotel Club Cayo Guillermo? Share your experiences!