“A little piece of heaven with angels for staff from a fan in Lunenburg NS”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of IBEROSTAR Daiquiri

IBEROSTAR Daiquiri
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cayo Guillermo
Halifax, Canada
“A little piece of heaven with angels for staff from a fan in Lunenburg NS”
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Hello from Lunenburg Nova Scotia just back from the Iberostar Daiquiri March 13th.
What can I say. You have to go and experience the vacation of a lifetime. This was our second time at the Daiquiri and will definitely return!!
From start to finish there wasn't a complaint.
Beach-Wonderful
Food- Wonderful- If you are that fussy, my advice is stay home.
Accommodations- Clean, clean, clean. This is not the Hilton!! It's a 3rd world country.
Weather- 1st day cooler than normal, but sunshine the whole trip. Some clouds but remember you tan through the clouds!
Staff- What can I say!?!?!?! The most wonderful, loving, hardworking people you will ever meet. To work so hard and still be as pleasant , helpful, hardworking without a complaint and never complain; we could take lessons !!!!!!!!
You must say hello to Fidele and Walter at the Grill. Wonderful cooks and eager to please you.
And Leday who is a member of the entertainment staff. She is a GEM!!!
If you go, she is in desperate need of a pair of women's sneakers size 26 and little boys sneakers and clothing for her 7 soon to be 8 year old son. It will be my quest to find clothing and school supplies ie. scribblers with coloums for her. Once you meet her you will understand whole heartedly. The resort is lucky to have such a devote,hardworking staff memeber. And these are just a few to mention.
My advice is you will never find a better resort, for cleanliness, service, and enjoyment as the Iberostar.
Peggy and Mark MacMIchael
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia Canada
peggymacmichael@hotmail.com
Would love to chat with you about the place

6 Thank FrenchyQueen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed March 14, 2010

great beach, good organisation and interesting buffet
The hotel organises trips and is efficient.
Book before leaving if you want to stay there

1 Thank ChantalR2
co durham
Reviewed March 12, 2010

when we got to the hotel it was dark we put our cases in our romm then went for our meal it was very nice lots of choice .when we woke the next day and opened a patio door what a fantastic sea veiw room no 3368 or 3369 the rooms were kept very clean and tidy the maids were very nice to please take hair bobbles ect they would likes theese better than money or nic nacs ect . the beach was loverly white sand ok the sea was a bit cold but the veiws were good all the staff were 5 star they went out your way to help you the entertainment team fantastic excelent shows every nite.the lobby bar is the focal point of the hotel when you go visit piller beach paradise . TELL THE ENTERTAIMENT STAFF DOT AND STEVE SAIS HELLO .GO AND HAVE LOTS OF FUN NO BED BUGS

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Berkshire
Reviewed March 12, 2010

The hotel is very clean, the beach, pool, bars and staff are excellent. You'll never go hungry in the buffet restaurant, which is very nice for breakfast/lunch and dinner. HOWEVER, the al la carte restaurants are rubbish, how they can call them al la carte is beyond me ... its rediuclous! The bathrooms could do with a revamp as there was rust all over ours and our final problem we encountered was that as we stayed for a week we couldn;t do any trips as they were fully booked, which was a disgrace!

Overall it was nice but it could have been so much better

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
atlantic
Reviewed March 11, 2010

To all the negative reviews .You must have been to another resort.
Cannot say enough about the staff.They are there for your holiday and will help you with everthing.There is not one staff begging for tips.
The beach is wonderful when the tide is down . watersports are fun .
There is a wide variety of excursions to suit any family.
It is wonderful for kids of all ages as there are things to do for everyone.
If you cannot find something to eat you must be from another planet.Seafood, meats fruits ,fish and vegatables and of course deserts.
never ran out of liqour however because of Canada winning gold medal in Hockey we did run short of beer for about 3 hours.That was quite an evening
It is a wonderful resort for rest and relaxation but would recommend staying at the villas rather than main hotel

2 Thank baechy
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I joined my family at end Feb, 4 adults & a 1yr, 3yr & 4 yr old.
It was not my first visit but theirs I wanted them to like it as much as I do and they do !

Room :in Camaguay building ground floor clean & well kept .
I had sent an email prior to request specific rooms.
Food:With so many of us not one was sick, I believe this to be 2 reason ,1 they are always cleaning and seem to have good food standards ( I work in the food industry) and very importantly always clean you hand after touching all the buffet serving utensils and before you touch your food.
The hotel was full but able to find a quite spot if you want.
The food is good but yes it can be repetative, there is a vast variety.
Beach is gorgeous and the do their best to keep it clean, it is short . Wider when the tide is out , it is a good beach for young children.

The staff is very customer oriented , always eager to help.
I do tip and these people work hard and deserve to be tipped, I can't understand people that go away and do not tip .
There are so many people to mention from the management to the gardners who are exceptional at their jobs and always seem to have a sincere smile on their faces.

I have travelled to many resorts and yes it is not the same as a 5 star in Mexico , but it is very charming and I will DEFINATLY be returning!
I've done some of the excursion but not his time.

Fell free if you have any questions to contact me .
Lolita

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank jememoi
Ontario
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I fell in love with Cuba!! Most beautiful ocean I've ever seen. Our hotel room was comfortable clean and cozy. When my friends and I arrived at the resort it had a very welcoming and inviting aura. I made friends with most of the entertainment staff which was a bonus and a blessing. These young talented people are full of life and smiles we were honestly .treated like family The Daquiri keeps you busy with lots of fun activities I finally had the opportunity to play archery. I received free spanish lessons and the water activities were of no cost . 'Ive heard the food in Cuba was bland and blah but I didn't starve and have nothing to complain about. Our Al A Carte Mexican dinner was awesome!! Id go back to that resort in a heart beat plus I already miss my new friends lol, Its a place to stay and relaxe for all ages. If you enjoy beautiful scenery amazing music and relaxing surroundings this is the place to go.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Melia Cayo Coco
Melia Cayo Coco
#1 of 12 in Cayo Coco
Memories Flamenco Beach Resort

Been to IBEROSTAR Daiquiri? Share your experiences!