We had a great week at the Daiquiri. All the staff were awesome but a few people stood out in particular. Jacqueline at the lobby bar was fantastic. Kely, Dee Dee, Raniel and the rest of the animation team were lots of fun. Bernardo at the buffet took the cake... setting up special tables for us with beautiful floral decorations when we came for dinner. What excellent service!
We had an upgraded room, which was kept impeccably clean by Elva. Our air conditioner was just adequate but that appeared to be a resort wide problem and we were not the worst off. The new shower was great but you sometimes had to let the water run if you wanted really hot water. It would be nice if they would restock the mini-bar (at least the water) daily but you can always get a refill at the bar. We did experience a beach towel shortage while we were there so we had no towel for a few days. Not a big deal but it was a bit inconvenient.
The food was very good. The buffet is repetitive but the quality was good so we didn't mind eating the same thing twice. I really liked the fact that they have a mini-buffet right on the beach that also serves a late breakfast since I don't get up early when on vacation, so this was a bonus for me. e could also have a very informal lunch on the beach instead of having to go back in to the other buffet. This was a definite plus. The restaurants were all good but they came around to spray for mosquitos while we were eating at the outdoor Italian restaurant one night. That was unfortunate.
The beach is nice but there is a lot of sea weed so you can't walk out too far into the water. I found that there were nicer stretches of beach further down. We spent more time than usual at the pool this trip due to the heavy wind at the beach. The pool is small but you were always able to find a spot to relax.
All in all I would definitely return to this resort, mainly because the people make it great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IBEROSTAR Daiquirí is located directly on the long, fine, sandy beach of Cayo Guillermo (Cuba). An oasis of relaxation. Elegant luxury. Pure water sports. Unspoiled Caribbean nature. Pleasant, modern construction style. It has 312 rooms, 157 Standard rooms (3 handicap), 107 Double Superior, 48 ocean view. It also have a main Buffet with Show Cooking and 3 a la carte restaurants (Grill, Mexican and Italian). The hotel has 3 swimming pools, animation activities for adults and children and wifi access with extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iberostar Daiquiri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Daiquiri Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cuba
- Iberostar Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cayo Guillermo