My family and I had planned this trip in a years advance to celebrate the wedding of my Auntie and Uncle in Cayo Coco and I was beyond excited to visit what seemed like heaven.
Upon arrival, we were surprised by a private check in by pleasant staff members and traditional cuban dancers which began our holiday off on a high. Even though there was some confusion about rooms to begin, this was quickly sorted out and we were shown to where we would be staying for the next two weeks by a pleasant member of staff.
We stayed in the building 'Granma' which had reasonably nice rooms with basic facilites that had an authentic cuban touch. We also had a view of the glowing, white, sandy beach which left us speechless.
From the first night onwards we watched every night time show (that varied from broadway, cuban night, mr/mrs iberostar) which were stunning and this was simply down to how fabulous the entertainment staff were, I have to make a special thanks to some members of the 'Star Friends' Yari, Koki, Mary, Yadi, Didiy, Omar, Mario and Carlos for making us feel like part of their family. It wouldn't have been the same without them.
We ate most of the time in Buffet Guillermo which was constantly thriving with helpful waiters/waitresses especially Bernardo and Luis who took extra care of all 33 members of my family. Also I must mention Walter the steak chef who couldn't have treated us any better.
Due to the encouragement of the Star Friends we were constantly involved in fun holiday activites such as water polo, beach volleyball, archery etc which all individually were special and kept everyones spirits high.
Finally I have to mention the wedding which was more than anyone couldve asked for. Seeing the Bride and Groom marry on the beach couldn't have been more perfect and it couldn't have been possible without the endless help yet again down to the staff.
We have made some beautiful memories in the Iberostar Daiquiri and made some friends for life. I couldn't have asked for a better time. I enjoyed every second of the two weeks I spent there. I hope to return here and I would recommend this Hotel in particular to anyone who needed a relaxing get away. It was absolute perfection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the long, fine, sandy beach of Cayo Guillermo (Cuba). An oasis of relaxation. Elegant luxury. Pure water sports. Unspoilt Caribbean nature. Pleasant, modern construction style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your IBEROSTAR Daiquiri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Daiquiri Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cuba
- Iberostar Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cayo Guillermo