My husband and I stayed at the Daiquiri last week. The weather was fabulous for the first 5 days (28-30) but got a bit cool for the last 2 days (21). The beach is one of the best in Cuba and the grounds of the resort are lovely. The rooms are what you would expect for Cuba but we wished the pillows were better. Service from the staff was the best of all the resorts we have been to so far. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful.
The only downside was that for a couple of the days the sand fleas were a problem during the full moon for my husband. He got quite a few bites and he was allergic. I got a few bites but they did not bother me much. I used Off which seemed to do the trick. Apparently, about 25%of all people are allergic to sand fleas and the rest are not. Read up on this before you go so you can take preventative measures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the long, fine, sandy beach of Cayo Guillermo (Cuba). An oasis of relaxation. Elegant luxury. Pure water sports. Unspoilt Caribbean nature. Pleasant, modern construction style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com so you can book your IBEROSTAR Daiquiri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Daiquiri Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cuba
- Iberostar Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cayo Guillermo