I arrived on Xmas Eve, to the most wonderful buffet featuring both lobster and turkey. The food was up to that level of excellence the rest of the week, but was still good, with plenty of food choices from each of the restaurants. The weather and beach are terrific. You get about 30 yards of sand on the beach in the morning, which reduces to about 10 yards of beach when the tide comes in late in the afternoon. The beach extends a few kilometers in each direction. I didn't witness the bugs that others were complaining about, and did see them fogging every day.
The room was cleaned well, and everything worked. The people working throughout the resort are very friendly.
Two minor complaints: the site indicated it was only 35 minutes from airport, but stopping at several other resorts along the way, the trip actually took 1:15 each way. And I specifically selected this resort for the water sports; they have only one windsurfer which is in disrepair and you can't take the catamarans out on your own. They are basically used all day to ferry tourists to a nearby island for snorkeling tours (at an additional cost of $25 pesos).
It was a good vacation, I got the terrific weather and relaxation that I was looking for, but at the same time it wouldn't be a place I would be rushing to get back too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the long, fine, sandy beach of Cayo Guillermo (Cuba). An oasis of relaxation. Elegant luxury. Pure water sports. Unspoilt Caribbean nature. Pleasant, modern construction style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your IBEROSTAR Daiquiri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Daiquiri Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cuba
- Iberostar Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cayo Guillermo