“second time even better/jeanette&brian”
Review of Iberostar Daiquiri

Iberostar Daiquiri
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Cayo Guillermo
Reviewed March 29, 2013

just got back from a two week holiday at the daiquiri....second time round in thirteen months. had a blast...ate ,danced,drank ,snorkelled,swam,did the gym,step class,aquacise,pedal boats,a slept enough to keep it all going.we are young seniors and prefer the smaller resorts like the daiquiri where after a year later a lot of the staff knew us on sight.kudos to all the entertainment team...too many to mention by name...willy and pedro for the good workouts...daibel and his buddies at the lobby bar....walter for his excellent grilled giraffe ,elephant and rhinocerous...mairi and her waitress friends at the buffet...the coconut man at he pool for those delicious yellow coconuts that go really well with coconut pineapple liquer,the lady in the cigar shop who ordered in the special rum i wanted and the reception staff who dealt promptly with any issues we had.we notice some comments in reviews about the rooms ....no issues for us...not up to what you will find in some other resorts with the same rating but rooms were cleaned daily .....and in fact the room is the place we spent the teast time...maybe 7 hours out of the 24...and that is the case for any resort we go to...we always need to get home for a rest...will definitely be returning next year for another awesome trip.

Room Tip: not a noisy resort so room location is not an issue although an oceanview upper level is nice if you...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank brianholwell
DirectorDaiquiri, General Manager at Iberostar Daiquiri, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Deaar Friend Jeanett & brian,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager Iberostar Daiquiri hotel, we would like to thank you for continuing choosing our resort for your holiday; we are pleased to know that you have spent a great holiday again. Thanks for the good rating.

as you said are much employees mentioned in Your review so appoints by ceparado not, but rest assured we'll let everyone know your good evaluation their effort to make your vacation spectacular.

We look forward to seeing you again here next year at our hotel, your second home!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Most recently I have vacationed in Mexico, Dominican and Cuba and nothing compares to the genuine friendliness of the Cuban people. The staff at this resort are outstanding, they really do make your holiday exceptional. They have to travel a long distance to come to work every day, but are always smiling and pleasant. My room was great, yes it needs updating, but I knew that when I went there, so I wasn't surprised. I don't spend much time in the room anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. The ac worked just fine, pillows and bed were very comfortable. My room was always kept clean, floors washed and beautiful new towel art every day, which always made me smile. I always had hot water. Room number 3337 in the Holguin bldg. I found this a perfect location, a few steps to the beach, pool area and lobby bar. This was my first time traveling alone and it didn't take long at all to meet people. I played a few games in and around the pool and beach area, took dancing lessons in the pool bar at 5 and played darts in the lobby bar at 8 every day. Great ways to make friends fast. The food was fine, no complaints. I never had to wait in line for a freshly made omlette or a pasta dish. The young man making pasta, Lisan (I hope I'm spelling that correctly) even gave me a gift one evening, that meant the world to me. Marcel always served me fresh coffee in the morning with a smile. When I asked about his children, he showed me pictures of them. Even the gardeners William and Lasaroo were friendly, they work so hard, give them a few pesos when you see them. I also didn't have to wait long to get a drink and they have those slushie machines, so you can have that in your drink, lime, strawberry and pineapple. The only line up I stood in was for the bank, try to guess how much you'll need to spend so you only have to go there once, you can change any you have left over at the airport while you are waiting to board your plane to come home. The first 5 days were hot and the last 2 cloudy and cooler. I loved the cuban band that played every evening in the lobby bar, it made for a very nice festive fun atmosphere. I found snorkeling off the beach better in Holguin. I didn't see very many fish just off the beach, but I did see a big beautiful starfish and a stingray over by the pier. I did have a guy take me out on a catamaran for 15 pesos, to the coral reef, lots of fish there to see. He threw bread in after I jumped off and they were all around me. If you are interested in taking excursions it will take a chunk out of your day, because the hotel is very remote. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. Many people I met had been there before, one couple for 14 years, 1 for 8 years, that speaks volumns about what the place is like.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kim B
DirectorDaiquiri, General Manager at Iberostar Daiquiri, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

dear Kim B
On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager, we would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Daiquiri hotel is a pleasure to read you had enjoyed a greet vacation, as well thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community your experience. Thank you for your high evaluation and considered this hotel appropriate for a relaxing vacation, great staff service and magnificent beaches.

Best regard

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My partner and i have just arrived back from a two week stay here, and feel very relaxed and rested. We loved our stay at the hotel - but as other comment's say it could do with a facelift.
We thought the food was very good and had excellent choice of everything - we never went hungry!
All staff were very friendly and efficient. We personally didnt like the entertainment in the evenings, and feel it was more aimed towards families and children. But we did take part in several activities during the days inc shooting, football and snorkeling, which we really enjoyed.
The location is absolutely beautiful and we enjoyed long walks around the island to see all of the wildlife and other beaches. We were a little disappointed that we were so far away from mainland Cuba, esp Havana, so felt at some points we werent really getting to know Cuba. But we did an excursion with Thomas Cook which was Discover Cuba and swim with Dolphins (Dolphins where fantastic) which is a must to get a flavor of Cuba - however due to being so far away from mainland this ended up being very coach orientated (about 13 hours over 2 days) - but hay that's Thomas Cooks choosing so no reflection of the hotel itself. Speaking of TC - do prepare yourself for an uncomfortable flight if you are going with them. The planes are very old and it's all very commercial!
All in all, we would definitely recommend the hotel and look forward to seeing pictures following the facelift! Thank you for a lovely holiday!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Katie B

Dear Katie B,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager at the Iberostar Daiquiri Hotel, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for Tripadvisor about your opinion of your stay; We are very pleasure to know you feel very relaxed and rested after your recent holiday with us. Iberostar aims to provide to our beloved guests an excellent service so they can “enjoy being a Star”. We are glad to read that we accomplished our goal with you during your stay among us.

Thank for recommend the hotel; we hope to see again at our hotel.

Regards

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have travelled alot so objectively this is not a 4 Star 3 is more accurate. It is an older property and is undergoing renovations in May we were told but no real details what was being renovated other than the rooms. The rooms were very basic, original furniture, but clean, only complaint is the bathroom water pressure and temperature. We had no hotwater the first 2 days (we were not the only ones) Then had hot water for a day and lost it and the water pressure for the last 2 days. You can exchange money at the front desk but rates are really high wait and exchange at the bank next store. You may have to line up but worth it.

Food was good better than we expected didnt have to add anything for flavour. Ate in all three ala cartes food was okay not the usual notches above buffet but the food was good. Good selection at the buffet never go hungry unless you picky. Staff are 5 Star friendly fun and very helpful. Shows are good. lots of energy.

Beaches are 5Star beautiful, great snorkling. expect to be wowed

Room Tip: Rooms over the main lobby are noisier
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
DirectorDaiquiri, General Manager at Iberostar Daiquiri, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear trvlforlife,
We would like first to all, to thank you for taking time to write this review about your stay at the Iberostar Daiquiri hotel as a destination of your holidays. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your vacation, likewise our apology for the inconvenience with the bedrooms. Your comments motivate us to continue improving on our daily chores. Thank for the good comments references our quality food and staff service.

We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at our hotel

Reviewed March 21, 2013

we spent 7 days.the staff was awesome,the place was a little run down but very clean.The food at the buffet was very tasty,we never used our spices that we brought,we tried 1 of the other restaurants,that was a mistake.we ate all of our meals at the buffet.fishing was awesome,snorkeling was great,the beaches were really nice.just be very careful bringing back fragile stuff as my eagle carving was broke in 7 pieces and it was even tagged as fragile at the airport and the wife's suitcase was broken as well.still waiting on sunwing to see what happens over that. But over all had a awesome time and we plan on going back next year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank raymond p
DirectorDaiquiri, General Manager at Iberostar Daiquiri, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Myrfaith,

We are glad to know that you found our hotel clean, friendly and great foods; Iberostar aims to provide to our beloved guests an excellent service so they can “enjoy being a Star”. We are glad to read that we accomplished our goal with you during your stay among us.

We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at our hotel or other Iberostar Hotels.

Best Regard,

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel should be downgraded to 3 star. Dirty resting chairs at the beach and pool area. Food menu is poor. Waiting beach towells 2 days.Dont expect changing room towells every day.
Would not recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank apppl

Dear appl,

Thank you for your review and for your comments regarding our resort. I apologize for the problems you had fined in the different facilities in the hotel. Every day we try our best to make our guest pass an excellent stay, there are situations that happen which are resulting in mostly, sorry if it were not for you.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The food was great, entertainment was excellent, friendly staff & value. If we ever go back, we will stay the same hotel. The cleaning lady was very friendly & did a great job. The overall services was great.
We had a great time!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
DirectorDaiquiri, General Manager at Iberostar Daiquiri, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Myrfaith,
We would like first thank you for choosing Iberostar Daiquiri as a destination for your holidays, also, for taking time to write this review about the experience you got in your recently stay with us. According your comment has enjoyed an excellent holiday; we are pleased to know that.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayo Guillermo
#5 of 7 in Cayo Guillermo
Melia Cayo Coco
Melia Cayo Coco
#1 of 12 in Cayo Coco

Been to Iberostar Daiquiri? Share your experiences!