First of all do not be put off by people giving this resort bad reviews, having visited many different resorts in the Caribbean , I can assure you this resort is fantastic. We returned on jan 19th after 2 weeks, the weather was great, very hot, although a little cooler in the evenings at times.
The beach is literally the most beautiful beach you have ever seen, the "bounty advert" comes to mind. The water is crystal clear and so shallow for miles out with amazing aquatic life , hundreds of star fish and swordfish. Can't praise the beach enough!
The rooms as far as I am concerned are the standard for the Caribbean and we had no gripes what so ever, can't imagine how great they will be when they are renovated in may, bathroom was the only area we felt could do with the upgrade and at that we had no problems with it.
There is soooo much choice when it comes to food, there really is something for everyone and the people who complain I imagine are the type of people that don't try new things and go abroad to just eat the same things they eat at home (otherwise know as boring). We found the Mexican restaurant the best al a carte as we like spicy food. You really can't go hungry there and we have all put on around half a stone after the holiday. The drinks are fantastic ! Some of the best cocktails I have had in Caribbean all inclusive hotels, even using blenders etc to give you great frozen cocktails.
The shows are great and we can't praise the entertainment team enough, they do not pressure people into partaking, although we did quite a bit. Ari, Willie, Pedro, ChiChi, Denis, Yaro and Darien are fantastic and we had such a great time because of them!!
We would recommend taking out a moped for the day, not something we would usually do however as no one lives in the cayos there is very little traffic and as a result is quite safe. We drove up to pilar beach, supposedly the most beautiful beach on the island ( I would disagree and say ours was), we also took a trip to the dolphinarium, take our advice and do the 49 peso interaction with dolphins, the 110peso swimming with dolphins is of worth the extra money, the only difference is for 110pesos there is 2dolphins with u not 1, and also u get pulled by the dolphins. We also did the sunset horse ride with lobster dinner, the lobster is fresh caught that day and was out of this world!!
Welcomed this hotel and had a fantastic holiday and will definitely be back, so interested to see what they will do in the refurb.
Fantastic hotel and unforgettable holiday!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the long, fine, sandy beach of Cayo Guillermo (Cuba). An oasis of relaxation. Elegant luxury. Pure water sports. Unspoilt Caribbean nature. Pleasant, modern construction style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your IBEROSTAR Daiquiri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Daiquiri Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cuba
- Iberostar Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cayo Guillermo