This is my second vacation in Cayo Coco, Cuba, but the first time in Iberostar Daiquiri. The first time was in Hotel Villa Cojima, which is a 3-star resort located right next to Iberostar Daiquiri.
I have to say, the beach here is fantastic. The white sand, the turquoise sea, totally unbelievable. However, I am not very happy with the resort.
1. The resort is quite old, and needs a lot of upgrading and renovation. Our room is located on the 3rd floor facing the sea. Although the view is unbeatable, the room itself is pathetic. It has an unpleasant smell all day along ( it smells like a toilet). I've never stayed in a hotel or resort with so unpleasant smell, even a motel is better than this.
2. There are only two bath towels each day, no face towels or hand towels. So if you take two showers a day ( which is quite possible, because you would love to swim in both morning and afternoon ), you will run out of bath towels right away.
3. During our stay there, the shower curtain rod even fell down from the wall ( along with a big chunk of concrete) while my husband took a shower.
4. The cleaning lady never refilled the shampoo, conditioner or soap unless you talked to her face to face. The mini-bar was refilled very irregularly and we were out of anything (water or beer) for the last couple of days there.
5. The cleaning staffs don't work very carefully. For example, I noticed the same plastic cup shown in the same location ( on the floor near the stairs) for more than 3 days until it's swept away.
Now the good things about this resort:
1. the buffet is much better than the one from Hotel Villa Cojima. The food can't be comparable to the food from the resorts in Mexico or Dominica Republic, but still not bad at all. A lot of dishes to choose from and the grilled sea bass is fantastic. I like the coconut flavoured ice-cream too.
2. the check-in is the fastest among all resorts I have been to.
3. if you contact them before you go, they can put you in ocean-view room as per your request.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the long, fine, sandy beach of Cayo Guillermo (Cuba). An oasis of relaxation. Elegant luxury. Pure water sports. Unspoilt Caribbean nature. Pleasant, modern construction style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Iberostar Daiquiri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Daiquiri Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cuba
- Iberostar Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cayo Guillermo