We stayed at Iberostar Daquiri from Sept 29 thru to Oct 6/12. While the hotel does have some nice points, the rooms are not a 4 star by any means! Took photos of 8 items in our room that were either broken or very poorly repaired (meaning you could tell it was a quick fix repair).
- Buffet was decent, always seemed to be a lot of fish/seafood (which is great if you enjoy that, however I don't. But let's just say I did not starve. The fellow cooking the eggs and grilled meat was always very pleasant and cheerful. Buffet was full on a regular basis it seemed regardless of what time we went.
-Housekeeping kept the room very clean
-Grounds were clean. One of the gardeners took the time to show us how to make a grasshopper....he had to run half way across resort to find the right leaf to make it! Appreciate the effort.
-Entertainment staff was amazing. That group works hard to provide great shows for you. Take the time to watch at least one show while you are there, they are all excellent dancers.
-Booked a snorkel adventure on beach where you sign out paddle boats etc. not a long adventure but it was only $16 nice ride on the boat and some time to see the fish. FYI...when snorkeling feed the fish bananas....crazy but they love them!
-Reception argued with me regarding my room reservation and insisted that I was wrong, although I was not and they had made the mistake. Spoke to Westjet Rep regarding matter, he said that customer service was supposed to have called me to apologize, but never did receive the call.
-Only one bar has a blender (Lobby). I ordered a daquiri from the other bars and was given juice with rum in it! All slushy type drinks were like that.
-No bellboy service, had to switch rooms in the pouring rain and was not even offered the service of a bell boy. Also disappointing when you arrive that no one is there to show you to your room or where to find it.
-Although most of the staff was friendly, they were understaffed and it showed in the service you were given. Very rarely were we ever asked if we would like a refill on our drinks at any of the meals and we would have several plates on the table before anyone would be by to pick them up.
-Beds are the worst that I have ever slept on
-Poorly repaired items in room/broken items in room
-Beach chairs were saggy and loose. You could feel the bar in your back when you laid on them.
I was very disappointed with this visit. I was given this resort as a second choice as the hotel I had originally booked closed. I had started to get hopeful that this would be a nice resort as other friends that have stayed at Iberostar resorts said they were great. However this resort does not match up to the other Iberostar resorts. My friends were shocked at the photos and the service we received.
I would not recommend this resort if you are looking for a 4 Star. Unfortunately this resort has left a bad taste in my mouth for any future visits to any other Iberostar locations.
If you already have a vacation book here just keep in mind not to have high expectations. Like anything it is only what you make of it. We did enjoy our vacation, we did not enjoy the resort.
Feel free to message me if you want more information or would like to see some photos of the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the long, fine, sandy beach of Cayo Guillermo (Cuba). An oasis of relaxation. Elegant luxury. Pure water sports. Unspoilt Caribbean nature. Pleasant, modern construction style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your IBEROSTAR Daiquiri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Daiquiri Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cuba
- Iberostar Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cayo Guillermo