Iberostar Daiquiri
Melia Cayo Guillermo(Cayo Guillermo)
$192
  • Breakfast included
Sol Cayo Guillermo(Cayo Guillermo)
$171
HotelsClick
IBEROSTAR Mojito(Cayo Coco)
$121
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Perla Blanca(Cayo Santa Maria)
$200
$194
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Playa Pilar(Cayo Guillermo)
  • Breakfast included
TRYP Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,203 results
All reviewsstar friendsthe mexican restaurantla marinafishcamaguey buildinglobby barpilar beachevery other daysuperior roompastafajitasguest servicesmain buffeta la carte restaurantsentertainment staffother resortstwo weeks
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Visited with a total of 11 of us. Parents and teenage kids. Not a lot for the teenagers to do so luckily they had each other. On that note however, they were safe and confined to the resort as opposed to be able to run wild from resort to resort like in Veradero. We knew where they were and all was well. Beautiful beach. Food was good and drinks flowed. We had a good time and would recommend it to travellers that are not looking for luxury or the huge price. Go with an open mind and all will be fine. Embrace the culture and relax. We went on a day trip to the most beautiful beach I have ever seen and was a nice day. The best day was the boat trip to snorkel and then to a private island for a lobster and seafood dinner. It was awesome. Cheers.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank partypple
DirectorDaiquiri, General Manager at Iberostar Daiquiri, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear Mr partypple
We are glad you spent a nice relaxing vacation at our resort and we look forward to welcoming you soon in Iberostar Daiquiri. Our best wishes to you and your loved ones back home.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

this was the first time me and my partner had ever been to the Caribbean. Before we booked the holiday we read reviews and decided to give it a go. We took on board the fact of typical Mosquitos, and very handy hints on having a warmer item as the nights can get little chilly. We stayed for 10 days and it was THE BEST 10 days of our lives, we are a fairly youngish couple and we loved every min. The staff bend over backwards for you at all costs, everyone smiles and greets you.

POSITIVES: a beautiful location, quiet, chilled, just how you would picture the Caribbean to be. The staff are all absolutely wonderful and nothing is ever an issue. The food was gorgeous, with a wide range of choice, fresh fruit, French toast, pancakes, all types of eggs, fish, meats, cheese board, pizza, pasta ( which is a must to try) chips, burgers, hotdogs, salads, soups, deserts, pastries, bread, rolls, you name it, it was there for you. The chefs are lovely and cook meat/fish to exactly how you like however fussy you may be.
A wide range of activities, shooting, keep fit on the beach, hairdressers, massage, tennis, volleyball, football, bingo, dance lessons and many activities around the pool if you wish.
Fresh coconut bought round to you to either eat or drink, and the gardeners can create fabulous animals from vine leaves.
Lots of other activities which we didn't take up due to monies and time, dolphin interaction, Havana cigar factory, the infamous club tropicana etc etc.
NEGATIVES : A little tight on sun loungers round the pool but hey head to the beach or the jetty.
The evening entertainment a little drab, but what do you expect from a place to chill.
I don't drink alcohol so due to the American disputes there version of coke, fanta etc is there own brands so they taste flat and like a melted ice pop, but you can purchase pringles and real coke and fants from the shop, but there fresh smoothies are a must.
Ok the rooms are a bit old school but the beds were soo comfortable, the rooms were clean, it could do with a lick of paint but the grounds are superb with beautiful flowers growing all around, wildlife a plenty, lizards, toads, crabs, fish, birds, flamingoes, it's lovely.

I would just like to say that I have read the bad reports and I think it's way too harsh, I just want to make my point that yes it could do with a revamp ( which we got told they were closing next year to do) but this as a first time long haul traveller was a beautiful place to go, I would recommend it to anyone and maybe other people have been a bit snobby regarding certain comments.

I just wish that I could have read a review like this so I could see the true aspects of IBEROSTAR DAQUERI and I hope others will enjoy there holiday and my review and hope it helps even the timid of people like me, enjoy I'm jealous :)

Room Tip: I would ask for a sea view, but other than that enjoy
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jo C
DirectorDaiquiri, General Manager at Iberostar Daiquiri, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Dear Mr Jo,
On behalf of all personnel of Iberostar Daiquiri, I would like to thank you for posting your positive review regarding our resort. We will most certainly take good note of all your comments to continuously improve not only our premises but also our service.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Start by saying the bedrooms are tired but always clean and fresh , minibar is replenished every second day,staff are well trained and facilities are better than most comparable Cuban hotels.
If you are looking a base to discover the real Cuba and it's people stay of the Cayos. It is 90 minute ride to savour the real Cuba, but if it is a beach, pool, resort based holiday the Daiquiri is for you.
No it does not have bed bugs, it is sand flies that leave small iritating bits, but that is usual in a lot of Caribean resorts.
Rarely they ran out of some supplies, vodka one night, coke the next. But they were replenished the following day.
Food can be repetitive but filling and tasty.
It has been said before about the staff at this resort but they really go the extra mile for customers who not always tip but can be civil while speaking to them. I am not picking on any nationality but there were Canadians who treated some staff with total disdain and ignorance, if you do not rate the cuban people/culture, do not visit Cuba.
Fresh coconut served on the beach, drinks brought to the beach, this is simple beach attention, but done well.
Last but not least, if you enjoy any kind of fishing then this stretch of beach is for you. There were constant fish being caught on bait from the piers and larger fish caught and lost from the larger lagoons off the beach, behind the hotel.
One last remark,
Thank you wagger for putting me in touch with Duniesky, an excellent guide who will put you on fish regular as clockwork and for a bonefish virgin to land 7 is some going.

Room Tip: Check on online map for rooms but some sea view rooms are shielded from views by large palm trees that obscure your view by up to 85%
Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank billmayhols

Dear Mr Bill,

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Just got back from Cuba on Saturday. Went with 5 other girls and we had a great time.The staff are very friendly ,the resort itself was well taken care of, the rooms were clean,the showers could use some upgrades but we managed ok.The food was good a little bland so bring some spices with you.The beach was beautiful and the pool was great .Shopping was ok on the resort but found they changed there prices on a day to day bases.Make sure you visit Carlos at the swim up bar he was awesome and also Jorge at the lobby bar what a sweetie.Bernardo was excellent as well at the buffet .Enjoyed ourselves very much and hope to go back to very soon.

Room Tip: if you want quietness ask for a room outside the lobby area
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Brenda H
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Had been looking forward to this holiday for months and what a disappointment. Have been to many places around the world and think this is the only holiday experienced that I wouldnt recommend to friends and family.
Location, scenery and wildlife are great. Abundant birdlife and fish(when there isnt strong northerly winds making the sea to choppy to swim)

The hotel lobby was well presented and so was the pool but the bedrooms and bathrooms were very old, outdated and not very clean. When we booked the holiday based on 2 sharing with Going places 8 month ago we asked for sea view, high room and new refurbished - we got the total opposite. When we asked to be moved we got told there was no more rooms.

On speaking to other people afround the pool they were stating similar things.

Food on week one of being there was edible and fish selction good after that it went down hill further. Bland tasting food without veg and or salad selction to go with it was pretty much everyday. The various "themed" restaurants around the complex werent any better. Cuban hut near beach served up cold black rice, rubbery chicken and potatoes after choosing from the menu - we fed to the cat.

People informed us not to try the italian or mexican themed restaurants as these were the same.

It was an all inclusive hotel and ourselves and the people we met there probably went home lighter than they arrived.

I was also disappointed as it was my first flight west from the UK(usually travelling through europe, asia and the far east) and the taste of the Caribbean certainly was not anything like it was presented in the brochure or by the travel agent.

Understandably Cuba has a lot of poverty, even though we discovered that most people working in tourism got 5 times the standard wage in tips or by making "deals" with tourists to gain more income (not blaming them but after paying thousands to get to Cuba I didnt want to be giving money to everyone) but I think the 4 star rating for the hotel is completely inadequate. Based on the 2 week stay I would give it 2 star+.

Needless to say its put us off Cuba and we will have to investigate much more before we travel to the Caribbean again.

Room Tip: Keep asking for a renovated room and if need be complain to the rep if it isnt forthcoming
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank angenik
tony71016, General Manager at Iberostar Daiquiri, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear Mrs. Angenik:

Firstly, on behalf of the management of Iberostar Daiquiri I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacation. We are glad to know you liked the location of the resort as well as the wildlife. Secondly, we would like to apologize for the incidents you encountered and the perception you took back home regarding our resort.
It is part of our guidelines not to guarantee room assignations prior to arrival. I apologize you didn’t get the room you requested, March and April are months of full capacity; I assure you we always do our upmost in order to meet our clients’ wishes subject to availability at the day of arrival. As well, we would like to inform you that we don’t have new refurbished rooms in the hotel, the last renovation done was done in 2009; at this time we only changed the tiles of the bathrooms in the central building of the property (these have no ocean view). This means all our rooms are exactly the same, with same furniture and space.
We always try to please our customers with our food selection. We have a menu roll which is different day to day and even we have the grill stations where our chefs will always try to cook for you to your taste. We regret the fact that we didn’t meet your expectations and will take into consideration your suggestions in order to improve our standards.

I would like to thank you for the time invested in the feedback you wrote. Our goal is to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and you can be sure we will be working towards improving our premises and our service.