“Ok restaurant on the unfashionable side of south-west barbados”
Review of The Fish Pot

The Fish Pot
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Speightstown
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fantastic restaurant overlooking the sea, with excellent lobster. Can't believe no-one has reviewed it before!
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We found this on a brochure given by our hotel, the house. pretty building, nothing to write home beach. we were given a nice sea-front table and looked after by a very nice man.

we had duck dumplings and seafood curry and shrimp stirfry. very good service.

coffee and tap water at BD$ 166.

not impressed though.

2  Thank Enrico S
moondance2010, Owner at The Fish Pot, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thanks for your review.

Just to clarify:

We are located on the North West Coast of Barbados. Glad to see you sort of enjoyed yourself.
In reading many of the reviews you have written on other places, you seem to be a relativly harsh critique judging by your ratings:)
Seaside table, decent food, on holiday and dining on the fashionable west coast of Barbados - what more does one need.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

About the 'dozenth' time we have been here and we are always reminded of the first time and how we felt we'd found something really special.
One day we will stay at Little Good Harbour - just so we can eat here every day.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had one of the best meals whilst on holiday at the Fish Pot. The tuna tartare was amazing followed by the catch of the day....delicious!

Definiely some of the best food I had whillst in Barbados. Ask for a table by the water.

3  Thank Lindsey S
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was our first visit. They advertise they have parking. When we arrived, the space which I saw allocated for parking can hold about 5 vehicles. The staff who greeted us, seemed somewhat distracted and in a rush. We were escorted to our table, which are very close to the other tables. I believe our conversation can be heard by those at the tables around us. The same staff member who escorted us to our table, is the same person who came and took our order. While giving our order, it felt as if this staff member was still in a rush, as they were leaving our table before we were completed giving our order. To be honest I felt like leaving at this time, but decided to give it a try. The wait time for the appetizers was pretty long, also for our main course. The food was not bad. I believe the service takes away from the experience. I had sparkling water, and every time it was poured into my glass, by the same staff member who greeted, escorted us and took our order, it was splashing onto the table, as it was being poured really rough. At one point, I had to remove my cell phone from the table when they were about to pour some. I am not the type to complain about anything when I go into any establishment, which is serving me food. However, as a person who is big on providing quality service, and who has worked in the service industry for many years, I am of the view that those who are in that industry, should always aim to give a high standard service every time.

moondance2010, Owner at The Fish Pot, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

No excuses for sloppy service. Our apologies.

Hopefully your review will be noticed by the staff and they will make more effort going forward.

Regarding the parking - we do have 7 car bays immediately outside the restaurant with a further 6 bays 50 feet further up the road as well as 12 car bays in the hotel opposite.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Extensive menu, caters for all tastes and pockets. Excellent service. Great tasting food. Friendly owner and staff. Overlooks the beach and sea, a fabulous location with not much else there except the very quiet, elegant Little Good Harbour hotel across the road. Can be accessed by local bus from Speightstown for 60p, no need for a taxi.

1  Thank SusanBrown99