“Clean, friendly, beautiful restaurant. Great food. Fab.”
Review of The Fish Pot

The Fish Pot
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Speightstown
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fantastic restaurant overlooking the sea, with excellent lobster. Can't believe no-one has reviewed it before!
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We went early evening with our two young children. We had a lovely time, the food was lovely, service fast and attentive, the setting is stunning. Our only niggle was that they couldn't accommodate us on a table in the section by the sea and we were seated inside. We should have booked earlier!!!!! Although as we were in and out within an hour (2 small children) I'm sure they could have squeezed us in.
We will be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,762)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Fish Pot is one of our favourite restaurants in Barbados along with Champers. The Fish Pot is located towards the top (North) of the Island in St Peter's but as Barbados is only 10 miles wide by 21 Miles long nothing is really too far away and the Fish Pot is always worth the ride - especially as you pass many of the multi-million dollar properties on the west coast (including Simon Cowell's pad !!). We took the grand kids as a specially treat and they thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not a cheap place but well & truly worth a visit for either lunch or dinner.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Had dinner here while visiting friends and relatives on the island ...best food, great atmosphere on the island.....Chef came out of kitchen to check on everyone night and meal.....EXCELLENT !!!! I will recommend where ever i travel ...Visit Barbados and MUST DO FISH POT RESTAURANT IN ST. PETER.....Love It

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The above statement is an indisputable fact. It was also the loud announcement one of our party of 9 made on their first taste of this lovely fish, much to the mirth of 2 waitresses and the cringing embarrassment of the rest of the table.

Ok, it was me who said it. But in my defence, it was my first night out in Barbados, I was a little excited, I had just had a very nice Negroni and Mahi Mahi IS flipping lovely and this restaurant cooked it beautifully. I had the blackened version which is now the only way I want my fish cooked.

My 13 year old daughter, who likes to eat more like a 65 year old man with a desire to harden their arteries, had the tenderloin steak and absolutely loved it. I'm not sure what everyone else had as I was too busy loving my food! Suffice to say they all adored the place. Watching the sun set on the Caribbean Sea, listening to the waves and the whistling frogs was an unforgettable start to our wonderful 2 week stay in Barbados. It is very hot in this restaurant but as I discovered it is in every restaurant so you just have to embrace it. Plenty of ceiling fans help out though - as does the constant supply of iced water.

Very warm and friendly service - we didn't find anyone bothered by some of us just wearing shorts and t shirts which I know had been one reviewers concerns as to why they felt they hadn't received a particularly warn welcome.

Beautiful setting, beautiful food and good service. I do suggest an early booking as the car park is tiny and it does tend to get busy.

Definitely a great start to our Barbados holiday - would go again for sure. Mahi-Mahi is lovely!

1  Thank wishing3467
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I like to go to The Fish Pot for lunch and spend a few hours watching the waves and sipping on chilled wine.