Cobblers Cove
Cassandra 2 Beach Apartments(Speightstown)(Great Value!)
$125
  • Beachfront
Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa(Saint Peter Parish)(Great Value!)
$148
Travelocity
$384
Saint Peter's Bay(Saint Peter Parish)(Great Value!)
$720
$525
Orbitz.com
Legend Garden Condos(Lower Carlton)(Great Value!)
$120
$104
Lantana Resort(Weston)(Great Value!)
$188
Orbitz.com
Fairmont Royal Pavilion(Porters)(Great Value!)
$666
$399
Fairmont.com
$492
$450
All reviewscobblerafternoon teaother gueststhe general managerwater skiinghis teamwater sportssmall hotelocean frontcocktail partyyear after yearcharming hotelenglish country housesandy lanerelais chateauxhis wifethe west coast of barbados
Reviewed June 5, 2014

...I really liked Will the manager, he is a great guy.
Sadly, this hotel seems to be riding on the reputation built by the previous owner/manager team.
Will is new, so he has a hill to climb. But having met him a few times while we were there I suspect is more than capable of doing what is necessary, I just hope he is given the mandate to do so.
I didn't think the food was very good in the restaurant, in view of the pricing it should have been 5* but was a poor offer.
I read a review online from a UK travel writer, an older lady, who had compared Sandy Lane and Cobblers Cove, she was far more flattering about CC than I can be so I must assume it was when Randy (now manager at Sandy Lane) was there.
We were bitten quite badly by mosquitoes, the property does have an issue and hasn't addressed it, so pack your lotions and potions.
The pool is nice, the sunbeds comfy and it is very relaxing - but then it is Barbados - but the terrace service is a bit variable; some days you get spoiled, other days ignored.
Some of the rooms are mid-refurb (May 2014) so ask for one that has been done, they are really much nicer than the older pre-refurb rooms.
The hotel team struggled to get some of the basics right. For instance, we emailed ahead to arrange a transfer from airport but their solution was dreadful. We weren't that happy with the cleanliness of the room, when we asked for it to be resolved housekeeping left the bathroom dirtier than they had found it. The Spa is not a Spa, it is a large shed which seems not to be used; my wife booked nails and waxing but the beauty therapist insisted her treatment would be done in our room.
Will I go back? Probably not, I think I'm still a bit young (I'm 50) and much too modern in my expectations to spend my hard earned money at CC. we love Barbados, don't get me wrong, but there are far better hotels and soon Sandals will arrive on the island to shake the tree and raise the bar, maybe we'll have a look at that.
Note: we had booked a week but got so tired of being bitten by mosquitoes we left early and spent the last few days at Sandy Lane instead.

Room Tip: The closer to the beach the better, avoid near the road or - and in particular - the back of the kitchen as it is noisy and smelly there with little privacy. Our first room allocated was right by the kitchen bins, we were moved to a lovely ocean front room but sadly that was adjacent to a stagnant stream so we were unable to fully enjoy the open Bajan style.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mike D
WOakleyGM, General Manager at Cobblers Cove, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I wish to assure both yourselves and other readers that mosquito's are not a major issue although I could not deny there are mosquito's on the island. As a result of your feedback, we have worked hard to clear branches from the trees over the creek to allow sunlight in and have taken further measures by "fogging" the creek which reduces their number further. I hope I have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We spent a week here in February. This is a lovely peaceful spot. We had a Beach Front Suite which had a great view and was near to everywhere. We thought the bathroom a bit small and in need of some updating. (I think they are working on new suite designs). We loved the restaurant food and, of course the service throughout the resort. We didn't think much of the much vaunted afternoon tea, quite a limited supply and choice of sandwiches and not very imaginative cakes. I was sat on our balcony about seven one morning when to my surprise a succession of guests started bagging sun beds, sometimes three or four at a time ! The beach is so small as to be unusable, though there are plenty of beds on the front as well as round the small pool. We did feel that there was a "cliquey" element of longstanding guests meeting up again. Very nice, but not a bullseye. I think we might try somewhere else next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bri_in_the_Sky
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This was our first trip to Barbados but will not be our last. Beautiful beaches, clear water, friendly people, great restaurants and a great little hotel to spend our time at. Will and his team made our stay absolutely special, every request handled with an absolute minimum of fuss, and with a smile on their face the whole time. A special mention to Pearson at the bar, a dry wit, a big smile and an ever present willingness to make another fantastic cocktail. The food here is really good as well.

Room Tip: Rooms with a beach view are beautiful
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Barry M
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We went to Cobblers Cove in 1987 and 1988 and always hankered after a return trip over the years. Three children intervened in the meantime unfortunately, but in 2012 we found ourselves on a cruise ship docking in Barbados for the day, so decided to visit Cobblers Cove again for lunch. It all flooded back and we decided that we would come back for a proper holiday the following year - and so we did, in November 2013.
We were greeted like long lost friends on arrival and quickly settled back into the Cobblers laid back life-style. This place is like a large family house gathering, with ever smiling staff at every turn and a quiet, relaxing routine. It is not the place for you if you want bright lights, constant activity and need something to occupy you all day/night long. The garden suite we had featured air conditioning to the bedroom and a very open feel, with wide opening doors onto the garden. During the day, towels magically appeared on the two sets of bed chairs on our terrace/patio, which was a great alternative to the beach or around the pool. The beach at that time of year is quite small, but apparently returns when the currents change and bring back the sand! Weird but apparently true.
If we were disappointed with anything, it was the price of the food. Although it was comparable with the better quality restaurants elsewhere on the island, we didn't feel it was quite as good as the publicity made out and we were not enamoured with the fixed barbeque one night each week which was not good value at all - very expensive, like $85 each. Tip: ask to see the menu each day well in advance, so you know which night is barbecue night. This is however a small issue and did little to dampen our enthusiasm for such a lovely place, which thankfully, is as superb now as it was 25 years ago.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
WOakleyGM, General Manager at Cobblers Cove, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I have been able to rectify the weak wifi due to your feedback. I am delighted to report back the Michael Harrison and all his restaurant team collected the BHTA Presidents Award for Best Restaurant on Saturday 31st May.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We thought nothing was better than the sea, the sand, and the sunshine in the Caribbean, but then when Scarlette greeted us with a warm welcome and a cold rum punch, we knew we were in the right place. In just under 7 hours after take-off from JFK we had arrived at Cobblers Cove. But for a boat ride (included), a paddle board lesson (for a fee) and a waterski (included), we never left the property for 6 days.

Cobblers Cover is a wonderful spot to relax and unwind. It's a small, boutique hotel with the warm staff that understands hospitality and offers a wonderful experience. The Management Team: Will, Scarlette, Sheena, Michael, and Jason went out of their way to welcome us and accommodate our needs. My husband had a business call that started at 3am local time one day and lasted 8 hours. The entire staff was aware of this and proactively arranged for a room, coffee, fruit, and technical support. The deck overlooking the water was the perfect place to rest from after breakfast through sunset each night.

Chef Michael's food is outstanding and the service is lovely. Go with the catch of the day and don't miss the brie panini for lunch. I'll leave it to you to decide if you are more impressed by the taste or the presentation. It's a wonderful outdoor dining experience overlooking the sea.The menu was largely the same each night of our stay, though there was a mid-week Manager's Cocktail reception and BBQ which offered a great change of pace.

We had a beautiful renovated room with vaulted ceilings, a large tub, and modern bathroom. Our friends had a garden room which offers lounge chairs on the lawn in addition to ample space in a sitting room beside the bedroom. Ask for a renovated room, although they are updating all the rooms over time. Note that the wifi can be spotty depending on where your room is.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Cobblers Cove.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends