“Great place for cocktails”

The Camelot Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 26 Restaurants in Speightstown
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At the heart of Cobblers Cove and in a culinary league all of its own, the Camelot Restaurant offers island-inspired, delicious modern cuisine with a distinct Bajan twist. Recently awarded the highly-coveted 'Restaurant of the Year' award by the Barbados Hotel & Tourism Association, The Camelot is recognised for creative gourmet cuisine and impeccable restaurant service. Under the direction of Michael Harrison, the only Barbados-born Executive Chef cooking in a 5 star setting on the island, Chef Michael trained under Michel Roux Jr. At Le Gavroche in London, before working at a number of world-renowned restaurants and returning home to Cobblers Cove in 2012. The Chef and his team source as many of their ingredients as possible from local farmers and fishermen, to make sure only the freshest, most flavourful ingredients are used to bring the true taste of the island to Camelot guests. Cobblers Cove's reputation for excellence in cuisine has earned the hotel its much coveted 5 star recognition from the prestigious Relais & Chateaux group, whose emphasis on food and wine has set the culinary bar at the highest level.
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I stopped by here looking for a nice place to have a mid day cocktail. I went to a few other hotels beforehand but didn't like the ambiance (or smell) as much....eh hem..sandpiper.

Service first of all was excellent. They walked us to the bar and served us with genuine smiles the whole time. The cocktail list was extensive. I asked the bartender to make me something off the menu that was rummy but not sweet. He whipped up an awesome drink with rum, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and banana creme. Also had some vino and potato samosas. Food is pretty pricey but atmosphere and service make up for it.

You don't have to stay here to have cocktails here.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We entered this restaurant with high hopes. We ate in the evening so the beachside location was not a factor. The Blackened Kingfish was overcooked and the prices disproportionately high. I shall not be rushing back.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Every time I visit my homeland I always have sunday lobster lunch at Cobblers Cove. Great ambiance, great service, great food. The staff goes above and beyond to make my day enjoyable and relaxing. Each and everytime it gets betters and better. Did dinner for the first time in January and it was equally as good. This restaurant should most definately be on the must try list when visiting Barbados!

2  Thank Kendra1982
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've been to Cobblers Cover several times and I find the food and service to be excellent. Everything about the dining experience was wonderful. I did notice that it seemed to be the place that seniors flocked. Not that, that is a negative but it was strange that on each occasion that we were there we didn't notice anyone under at least 60. I guess it's just more of an observation than anything. We enjoyed the exceptional food and service.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Lovely menu, with plenty of choice especially if you're not a meat-eater. Good wine list too and tables with air con. or open air. Just remember to go fairly early, as service is on Caribbean time......