Tripadvisor
St. Lawrence Gap
Post
Inbox
Search

“I wanted to love this place buttt .... ”
Review of Primo Bar & Bistro

Primo Bar & Bistro
Reserve a Table
Sat, 2/22
8:00 PM
Description: Formerly Pisces Restaurant, the newly renovated Primo Bar & Bistro is making waves on the Barbadian scene. This beautiful open-plan restaurant and lounge located just off the boardwalk is an ideal spot for more casual dining or just a quick bite and drinks. The varied eclectic menu with a subtle West Indian influence includes an extensive variety of fresh seafood, meat and pasta dishes. Eat, drink and relax in a unique ocean chic setting overlooking the picturesque bay in St. Lawrence Gap.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I wanted to love this place but I didn’t ...
The decor is nice, basic rustic feel
The food is just OK nothing to scream about it’s not Caribbean at all

The equivalent of Sunday Dinner pub food in the UK
It’s very expensive for what you actually get
The service was not the best the host was lovely

Only 6 of us Ate and they couldn’t split the bill and made such a fuss about it
We didn’t want to split equally because one person had just wine
One person had just a salad another had alcohol starters and mains so it wasn’t fair to split equally
But they made us feel as though we were being difficult I wouldn’t go back in a hurry

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,568)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I had dinner here on the last night of our holiday. The food and drinks were absolutely great, and service was even better. We had starters, main courses, and a couple of drinks and wine each, and enjoyed everything. It was extremely thoughtful for the waiter(s) to remember us mentioning it was our last night, as we recieved a small dessert wishing us ”bon voyage”. The atmosphere of this place is also great. I have no complaints, and would strongly recommend dining here!

1  Thank Julianna A
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food was great, best we had on Barbados, the setting was wonderful, but about three quarters away through the meal, the wait staff seemed to lose interest.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank etc789
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Not having had a family girls' night for a while we took this opportunity to do such, and we were not disappointed. As usual, service was on point as we were promptly greeted and seated despite a bustling restaurant. Our waiter for the night was Dwayne and he immediately felt like part of the family. He was obviously busy but made sure we never felt rushed or 2nd rate to any other responsibilities he had. We had one more waiter as well, though he didn't give us his name he was very friendly and accommodating as well.
Needless to say, the food was excellent! We all had the ribs and they were succulent and delicious as always! (Only complaint would be that they were not enough lol)

Overall, a fantastic night! 100% would recommend and have!
Keep up the great work guys.

1  Thank gabriellecC2722SI
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We had been on a Caribbean cruise which ended in Barbados. I wanted to book a meal somewhere a bit special on our final evening before flying home, and after studying hundreds of reviews of several restaurants I opted for Primo Bar & Grill. Good decision! Wonderful location especially when the sun set over the Caribbean Sea. The service was impeccable and the food was absolutely outstanding. It's not cheap, nor should it be. But when you consider the location, service, and qualify of the cuisine, I felt we had had decent value for money. I would recommend Primo to anyone looking for somewhere special to eat, whether it's to celebrate a special occasion or just because! I hope to return to Barbados one day and if I do I'll definitely dine at Primo again.

1  Thank SDH1966