“The Old Jamm Inn”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited this place with my daughter on the first night in Barbados. Andre the chef who was outside the club at the time we arrived gave me the courage to go in, as I was feeling a bit anxious about going into a night club as I had not been in one for years. We were celebrating my birthday and I was in the mood for dancing. Great place, DJ plays the music according to the crowd on the dance floor and a good variety Modern, pop, reggae, etc. Really danced till the early hours. Thank you everyone for giving us a fab time . Rum punch and the food was fab! There were live bands on certain nights. Good atmosphere and friendly and welcoming staff. Would definitely go there again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a good venue for entertainment and over looks the street so great for people watching but the food was just OK. The place was huge inside but the band are outside and that's where most people sit but the seats / tables aren't the right height or comfortable for eating at. I had the jerk chicken which filled a gap but I wouldn't go back for it, although my husband enjoyed it.

Reviewed June 5, 2018

Visited this place very early evening on a Monday night, between us all we ordered mutton, festivals, coleslaw, rice, and chicken and a few cocktails. The food is so tasty, best Jamaican food I have had outside of Jamaica and blue Lagoon take away in High Wycombe England (I also have Jamaican's in the family and the food is better than theirs, hopefully they will not read this!!).

Background music really makes you feel like you are in the Caribbean. Atmosphere is great.

The Staff are friendly and protective (a young guy decided he would join us, he sat at our table and asked for money, the staff asked immediately and discreetly if we were ok, which we were, but some tourists may have found this intrusion a bit intimidating so it was good to see this was noticed quickly and that they would deal with it if we couldn't).

We went in as a family with a 3 year old and the child also loved the food, but he is used to eating this type of cuisine. I returned later in the evening with no child and one other adult to have a dance and a drink the place was buzzing.

Unfortunately I only visited this place the day before I returned home, but if I do return to Barbados this place for me is a must visit. I can not remember the name of the guy who runs it (he is from Birmingham UK) but he is great. Thank you for the birthday shots for the Cov ladies.

Very reasonably priced great food and great cocktails...what more could you want.

1  Thank ElaMay12345
Reviewed May 30, 2018

Fantastic music. Lively atmosphere. Live bands. Owners from Birmingham in the UK. They also own a bar called Mariner in Bridgetown (Overlooking the mariner). Lovely place to sit and watch the world go by. Fish cakes sooooo tasty. Be careful though if you are there for happy hour as they say 2 for 1 cocktails but actually they are not. They only knock off 4 dollars. Caught us out.

Reviewed May 30, 2018

If you want some of the best Jerk food on the Gap this is the place for you.
Jerk chicken and the Jerk mutton are wonderful and a taste you will never forget.