“lovely space, delicious food, great service”
Review of Moonbay Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Moonbay Bar & Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Ontario,
“lovely space, delicious food, great service”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

it was great, and reasonable...and the staff is very eager to please and lovely to get along with...we went twice, as we were craving pizza, and their pizza has a lovely little dollap of salad on the top, the way we serve it at home, so I liked that...we ordered "buckets of beer" which is not on the menu, but was the way that we were drinking them the week before at Surfers Bay and Steve recognized us and allowed the same service...it was greatly appreciated and enjoyed by all, the cerviche was excellent too ...thank you again Steve and your staff...and your lovely daughter of course for entertaining our nephew...built in entertainment ! xo

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank MountGayOntario_

Stony Brook, New York
“Great meal, lovely view”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner here. The view of the pool and the bay across the street can't be beat--only sorry we arrived after dark and missed seeing the sunset. The restaurant was virtually empty, which was truly a mystery to us, since the food was terrific, but it was also a plus for us, since the waitress and the manager (who was tending the bar as well) were both terrifically friendly and had time to chat. We learned much about the island from them. Service was great. The bartender even called his girlfriend to find out the right proportions when I asked for a drink he didn't happen to know. (By the way, it was the best BBC I've ever had!) Service in general on Barbados can be mindnumbingly slow, so this was a refreshing change...each course came out almost as soon as the last was finished, yet everything felt relaxed. We'll definitely be back next time we come to the island.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gretchen O
Eastham, Massachusetts
“Really good breakfast”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We had breakfast here one morning and the food was really good. Excellent pancakes and French toast and the sausages were some of the best I ever had, really large, crisp on the outside and tasty. Our waitress was very friendly and the service was fine with a nice view over the water. I would definitely go back.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank psmilsky
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Favourite lunchtime place.”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Rate this very highly. Location looking onto bay fab. Staff very good. Food is excellent for a wee break out the sun. Defo recommend.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Good food, bar, service”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Everyone will tell you to go to Cafe Sol next door, but I'd go here instead. Worth eating here for a couple of reasons. Bajan food can get pretty heavy. They have a decent fish ceviche that fulfilled my yen for lighter fare. Fish of the day was delicious, traditional but surprisingly accompanied with lightly grilled veggies (though I wish the serving of veggies was larger). Bartender made me a lovely mix of Mt. Gay and seltzer water with a little lime, as I was getting burned out on rum punch and girly drinks. Gorgeous setting, especially when the construction on "the gap" is done. Great wait and bar service all round and prices consistent with the area.

Visited March 2014