“Amazing food, cheap food, friendly people, EAT HERE”

Daddy's restaurant and bar
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 16, 2014

FirsTly I am going to say if you haven't been to Barbados before, this is not an actual resturant, however daddy's is an amazing place to relax have Cheep beer (4 for 10 bajan dollars= 3 pound) ,kid friendly amazing tasty food, either eat at the 3 or 4 picnic tables or takeaway in a plastic container, along st.lawrence gap they're must be atleast 8 or 9 roadside street venders type things and me and my family ate at about 5 as we stayed there for 3 weeks and daddy's was by far the best. We are going back this summer for another 3 weeks in paradise and after an 9 hour flight personally I can not be bothered to get dressed up and go to a fancy resturant so simply stroll down the gap and have some lovely burger, flying fish or chicken sandwich and chips. EAT HERE

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had lunch here quite a few days as it's right by Dover beach. The BBQ grilled chicken burger is great! Nice local people and they are open all day and night - cheap drinks too! Excellent value.

2  Thank Marie H
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We never ate here, but always popped in for a drink on our way out or back in the evening. Good place for a beer with the locals, overlooking a sports field where they play floodlight cricket and football some nights.

2  Thank RydeIan
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Long wait, slightly seedy. I didn't eat but my kids (who aren't that fussy) said it was awful! Probably ok if you want to stop for a very quick beer.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I laughed when I read the description as "restaurant and bar". It is basically a hut by the side of the road with 3 or 4 picnic tables and a BBQ!

Saying that, we ate lunch here 10 days out of 14. It is located opposite the basketball court, cricket pitch, next to Infinity On The Beach. Coming in from the beach it is located behind the Lifeguard Hut, along with several other small huts also selling food/drink.

The main draw is 4 ice cold Banks beers for B$10. Great value. We usually had a Flying Fish slider with chips (or sometimes BBQ chicken, or Burger). The food is cooked on the gas BBQ beside the hut, the chips, however, are rather limp and I suspect are made elsewhere and reheated.

It is served in a styrofoam takeout container. I recommend taking some of their yellow hot sauce, followed by the 2 bottles of Banks to cool your mouth down! The food is about B$12-15 depending on what you go for, I decided to decline trying the pigs tails!

All in all its a great wee place for a snack or a light lunch before going back to sleep it off on the beach.

3  Thank ARealHighlander