“Romantic restaurant, great location, amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chez Max - CLOSED

Chez Max
Cuisines: European, French, Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Romantic restaurant, great location, amazing food!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a restaurant in St. Lawrence Gap and stumbled upon Chez Max. What a great find!

Atmosphere is fantastic, right on the beach, very romantic ambiance.

Great service, attentive waitstaff but not at all pushy.

The food was the best meal we had in Barbados. As we found out after the meal, the chef, Max Benz, was the executive chef at 5 St. James resorts, then started his own restaurant here. It's now a family-run operation, which we very much want to support. It's relatively new so not so busy, which I hope and expect will change very soon. Definitely worth a visit--highly recommended.

4 Thank qtime24

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just eaten a Chez Max this restaurant was recommended to us. The service was a bit slow, I think they were a little short staffed but the chef was amazing. Great location at the entrance to the Gap, great waterfront dining. Definitely worth a visit.

4 Thank Barry C
“Best in the Gap”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Found this restaurant by chance, but what a great find. Entrance does not reveal what is behind the facade. Nice friendly welcome, followed by being shown to a nice table looking out on the sea. My family were all tired, which was a shame as the food was excellent. I had a fabulous monkfish dish and my wife had the mahe mahe which she described as spectacular. A very romantic atmosphere and by far and away the best restaurant on The Gap.

6 Thank Ringo1961
“Nice little resturant”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Well worth a visit if staying in St Lawrence. Doesn't pretend to be more than it is, very friendly owner and staff. Note to owner. May be worth changing trip advisor location to St Lawrence rather than Bridgetown as doesn't come up if you search for St Lawrence Resturants.

5 Thank Magsmcneil
St. Lawrence Gap, Barbados
“Excellent meal. Very tasty meal, lovely presentation”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am a BarBadian and have eaten in many of our local restaurants. Chez Max has replaced David's on St. Lawrence Main Road, and its singular drawback is crossing the road when using their car park. Once safely across expect an excellent meal. Yes the servers are or seem to lack confidence in their approach to customers but as the restaurant's reputation for good food spreads so will their confidence. There 4 of us. We each had a different entrée and we were all very complementary. I finished with plain ordinary fruit salad for desert, I passed on the vanilla ice cream - the mixture was extensive and the dish substantial. Definitely not 2 pieces of cantaloupe, some water melon and apple chips complete with skin. I recommend Chez Max for a fine meal!

• Visited June 2013