“Randy N: "Excellent customer service, value for your money"”
Review of South Gap Hotel

South Gap Hotel
Reviewed June 4, 2013

i stayed here in April 2013. South Gap Hotel is everything you can desire on your vacation. Friendly staff, close proximity to the beach, on a street buzzing with activity, a well kept pool and an in house restaurant. One of my biggest kudos must go to the staff at the hotel and restaurant. They always make you feel at home and treat you with love and concern. We received prompt, respectful service with a couple surprises as well. Everything stated on their website was proved to be true- free wifi, a/c, proper kitchenette, clean bathroom with towels, soap and shampoo, ironing board, spacious closet, good sized fridge, even a radio. The view from the balcony is simply relaxing and amazing! South Gap Hotel is certainly everything you need for a vacation and more without the expense. Friendly, caring staff who keep in contact with you and deliver prompt replies even on your initial inquiry emails. Will definitely recommend and visit again!

Room Tip: Keep doors closed to lessen external noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at the South Gap Hotel on two separate occasions this year (2013). On both occasions I was very happy with my stay. At times there is noise from nightlife on the streets, so if you need quiet on holiday it will not suit you. But if you choose the centre of Sough Coast nightlife in Barbados - The Gap, this is the place to be. I also interacted with other guests who also expressed being happy. Three guests also expressed switching from other hotels in the Gap to stay @ South Gap Hotel. The key to the pleasant experience is the attitude of the staff. They are all polite and helpful. Even when things go wrong (and they will - sometimes because of your own fault!), they are excellent in their handling of the experience, such that you are satisfied.

I recommend this hotel over all others in this area of Barbados. Try it, you too will be pleased.

Room Tip: South side rooms are quieter as north side rooms face the road where on 2/3 nights a week there is n...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Clive N
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here in may. I'm a female in my 20"s and was travelling alone. I felt very safe staying in this hotel as they have security and a mobile police station outside. The staff were so good to me and made me feel very welcome. Big balcony with view of the sea and the beach was a 2 minute walk. The food at the hotel was very good and reasonably priced. Loved it

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 11, 2013

PROS: Comfortable and clean room; friendly staff and accommodating staff; great view from any room; central location.

CONS: Impossible to sleep before 3:30 AM since one of the two bars across the street were always blasting dance music or terrible karaoke; the pool is supposedly closed after 9 PM every day due to cleaning procedures except that the pool was never actually cleaned. It was filthy during most of the visit and was cleaned only on my last day here.

Given that competing hotels offer free breakfast, greater proximity to Dover Beach, and actual silence at night, I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
SouthGap, Manager at South Gap Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience at our hotel. We never grow tired of the wonderful comments that we receive for our staff so thank you for this. I am so happy that you were pleased with the room and our wonderful view.
I just wanted to address an inaccuracy in your review regarding our pool. Our pool is cleaned on a daily basis between the hours of 7:00am and 9:00am by a professional pool cleaning company. Our pool was not clear as it usually is for a few days but the company worked to rectify this issue. In addition, leaves and other fragments may sometimes fall into the pool and I am sorry that it appeared dirty to you when this happened.
Nevertheless, I am sorry that you would not stay at our hotel again but I do wish you happy travels in future.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the south gap hotel for a entire week Sunday 5/05/13- 5/10/13, I couldnt ask for more a better hotel, everybody was super friendly from the house keeping, bartenders, receptionist,chef, down to the security guard, they were very nice and informational, are rooms were tighty and clean everyday, the food was even amazing, they greeted us everyday, soo what if it was at 5:00am lol they did it and that's all that matter, it was pretty funny the karoake everynight, and i mean it was loud but hey it was vaction, you're in the heart of everything at this hotel, and if youre up late some nights and you're hungry, its a must you try the lady right in front of the hotel on your right hand side burgers OMG the best burger I've eaten ever, pretty much everything was exceptional but the burgers where just phenomenal lol, also if you're into the night life scene club sugar and the reggae lounge is right across the street, it was nice my friend and I had a few drinks and had a good time I believe thats where we met more tourist ppl from all over, Wales, london, england, and columbia I loved it, also if you want to do a snorkeling trip I recommend Jammin, swimming with turtles, shipwreck, jet ski's, water ski's, great food ,entertainment and you feel safe 5 thumbs up to Jammin, but again my overall experience on this trip was amazing I really enjoyed myself and I look forward to coming back to this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank cathomas05
Reviewed April 27, 2013

great view, it was fun, watching the full moon, the aircrafts coming in and the sound of the waves with the door opened at nights made sleep feel like we never neede the ac unit or fan. thanks to the friendly staff, who allowed me to check in early as i had an afternoon appointment, the food was great. with close proximity to Dover beach we enjoyed sea sun and sand, not forgetting the best fried flying fish and the Banks beer. the building needs a lil painting and i will recommend this hotel to any visitor, on their trip to Barbados. South gap hotel , best rate small property very very nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mags167
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hello All,

We stayed at the South Gap Hotel last week (4/14/13) from Sunday to Saturday.
It was one of the lowest priced hotels in the Gap but we found it to be a great value for the money spent. Yes the hotel is probably one of the older ones and yes it does need a little touch up paint here and there....BUT....The staff are very friendly and helpful, the pool is perfect, the room was clean and kept clean and the food and bar are great. Our room was on the same level as the lobby over looking the pool and just above the small bar.......This is probably one of the most quite rooms when the karaoke bar across the street starts kicking in about 9pm and runs till about 3am.........We never heard a thing.....:)
The restaurants along the Gap are great...check out my other reviews....The walk to Dover beach is short and buses into Bridgetown are easy to catch and only $2 Barbados.

Overall we were very please with the hotel and would suggest you give it a try.

Living the dream.....for the next vacation...:)

Room Tip: There is a small convenience store a few doors down but it is expensive so beware....Best bet if you...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
2 mi away
Coconut Court Beach Hotel

Been to South Gap Hotel? Share your experiences!