“Great food, perhaps a bit on the dark side”
Review of Pablo Donte's - CLOSED

Pablo Donte's
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Feeling like a light dinner, we stopped by. Paul was the server and he was friendly, even though he was certainly also part of a personal gathering. Catch of the day was tuna. Asked if it could be prepared rare. Given a yes. It was served seared, but cold, as if it had been sitting after being seared. I was going to send it back but after tasting the tuna, decided that it was delicious and the temperature e was overlooked. Served with a fresh salad and my choice of rice. For $15 US taxes in, this was a well priced and excellent dinner. Also enjoyed was a burger, delicious roti (spiced beautifully)' and salad with grilled shrimp. We totally enjoyed our varied choices. We would happily return.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Having visited Barbados around 5 times in the last few years (5years)? we were delighted to stumble on Pablo's when it was on the corner of Maxwell Coast Road and the main highway.

When we came back we found it had moved into a residential side street but the food and service were as good as ever!

On our return to Barbados in Dec 2012 we just had to search out Pablos

Having moved (again) to the Gap we were expecting great things but it was tiny compared to the former incarnations in maxwell - nevertheless we arrived at 18.40 Sunday 02 Dec to find there was a happy hour until 7pm, well after sitting down expecting table service, a couple arrived after us, went to the bar and got served.

We were just discussing if we needed to go to the bar when the lady came out to drop some drinks at the table opposite.
Whereas we had been set to go and order at the bar, we figured, surely she'd have said something????

Anyway after being ignored for another 5 minutes I went to the bar and stood there for a few minutes whilst the barmaid checked google out for some obviously vital information with her back turned to me.

Either;
She was the worst barmaid/waitress ever
She had chosen to actively ignore me

Anyway we left at 19.00 and went "next door" to the steak grill and got an average to good burger rather than a great burger from Pablos!

I won't be going back there and I feel duty bound to update my neighbours, having told them to go to Pablos. When they visit in a few weeks

VERY DISAPPOINTED a little gem has taken a wrong turn!

2  Thank dmerry
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We went to Pablo's a few times on Vacation for drinks and food. The food was enjoyable and the price was right. It is in a great location to relax and enjoy yourself. The service was very good. I have no complaints in that department. A defiant place to go in Barbados.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Had a good time here at Pablo's,Paul the owner was very friendly and fair play worked the bar alone sometimes but still took time to have a drink and chat with us.Went on karaoke night and also had a virtuoso clarinet player and a Michael Jackson dancer (almost reminded me of Britain's Got Talent but better).Drinks fair price,food deals,nice location in Chattel area off the main gap road.Looking forward to returning here next year,(might even get up and sing myself this time but will need some rum courage),on Facebook too which tells you of daily specials etc.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

On our last day, we went here to eat. My wife and I had Curry Chicken and our son (13 y/o) had a burger. We were waited on by a server named Mark. Awesome personality and very customer service oriented...awesome guy!!! Mark brought our food, which the taste was great. I took a bite of our son's burger and I was disappointed I hadn't ordered the same thing. The burger was without a doubt, the best on the island and could compete with some places here in Las Vegas. One notable difference was they used real ground beef versus frozen or pre-packaged patties used elsewhere on the island. The food was so great, we decided to come back after we went to the beach. Unfortunate for us, Mark had left and went home for the evening. We all (3) ordered the RW Pig Burger which consists of 2 patties, fried egg, etc. The waitress took our order, and about 5 minutes afterwards she summoned this guy who was sitting outside who worked there. They discussed something and he departed the area. After waiting an extended period of time, the waitress finally came out and informed us they ran out of eggs. They tried to pull the Okey-Dokey by going to buy eggs, be back, cook and serve them before we knew it. Of course, the guy didn't make it back in time, so we left. As we were leaving, he was walking up surfing the net or texting on his phone. We were disappointed because we wanted the burger, but the fact they did what they did, we left. If the waitress would have informed us in the beginning, we would have waited because we really did not have anything else to do. In summary, minus this minor snafu, the food here is awesome. I would definitely go there again.

1  Thank stpm11