“This was the old ship Inn and it will sink if it does not improve.”
Review of Rush - CLOSED

Rush
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London England
“This was the old ship Inn and it will sink if it does not improve.”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We went to the gap and found this place where the Ship Inn was last year, so we went in the 1st thing I noticed was it was unfinished and some of the old ship still remained. The staff were attentive but still very new. The table we had wobbled and no one did anything about it, and it was not the legs but the top. Anyway we ordered and the food was very tasty. The worrying fact was, although the staff were there no one asked if the food was ok or not they just stood chatting. Then we went to order desert and what was advertised was not what you were going to receive, and when questioned on this the staff did not have any answers, then we were told that they have no vanilla ice cream and this was all over the sweet menu; so we questioned this as well and received again blank looks. Then they said oh we have just had a delivery . I said what in the last 5 mins. WOW that's good. Overall a let down, and I hope they take these comments on board. Keep listening to the customers and you may just make it.

2 Thank CRS61

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Needs sorting out or it will fail.”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

The menu looked good, as did the prices. We thought we would try it. However all didn't do so well. I actually came off the best I think. My friends had Pies, one was a very small portion and the other was cold. Their garlic bread was stone cold, which was not good. I had a burger and chose rice as a side order, which seemed to be out of a packet than made in house. The service was not great. although the staff seemed to be trying their best. Rather than wait till we had all finished our meals, they were taking our plates away as soon as put our knives and forks down. The venue itself didn't seem to be finished off, and work seemed to still in progress.
Other diners didn't seem to pleased with their meals either. Lots of food left and face pulling at some meals given to diners.
All I can say is that this place needs to get itself sorted out, or it will never survive, it is in a great location, and the former restaurant had a great review.
Try it and see, I hope it can improve and does improve.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Needs to improve....”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This was formally known as The Ship. My friends and I thought we would try thus new place out, as the one friend lives here and used The Ship. The menu is limited, but looked nice. Things didn't go well. It took over half an hour to get our meal. My burger was fine, however my friends were disappointed with the pies they had. One was cold. This was sent back to he re heated. Their garlic bread was also cold. It hadn't been warmed up. The pies were quite small portions, not a substantial meal at all. The waitress did apologise about the wait and that the food was cold. The staff cleared plates from the table as soon as one put down knives & forks, while others were still eating their meal. The dessert menu consisted of a choice of three items.
Overall the restaurant need to get it's act together, or it will not survive. Many other diners seemed displeased with their food. The waitresses need better training for better service.
We won't return here.