The 1st time we visited Ocean 2 in 2012 for our 25th Anniversary we had such a great experience here. Everything was new and the staff were abundant. It was so much fun around the pool everyday. We had a great 2 bedroom on the 6 the floor.
This time we visited, we asked for a high room and when we got there we had a room on the 2nd floor. With much persistence, my husband was able to get us a 4th floor room as everything higher was filled. Yet we saw new people going into the higher floors, while we were there. Then we found out that the place was 43 percent occupancy. As our second time we thought they would thought they'd make it special for us. Tourism is down and June is their slow time.
So finally on our last week they moved us up to the 6th floor. It was way better. Although our room had some problems with the microwave, air conditioner and fridge. It was fixed and we enjoyed our new room. The housekeepers are great. The location of Ocean 2 is walking distance to a lot of restaurants if you don't rent a car .
Thanks god for Shantelle, Oniell, Roggick, And Andre. They were the same staff as 2 years ago but they were busy doing other jobs and definitely the staff working the pool was not there. Most people had to get their own drinks from the bar. They did serve lollies some days which was a nice treat. Or a cold towel and a spray down when they had time.
We met some great couples from England, USA and Australia. The Soccer matches were on so lots of guys around the pool bar.
We see a Sandals is being built around the corner from Ocean 2. We might try all inclusive next time we go to Barbados !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap