All the reviews that are on here are very accurate and true, the staff at O2 are fantastic and polite, This was our first visit to Barbados and was made truly great, welcoming and memorable, Chantelle is a gem, Darrien is a great laugh, Kenny a true gentlemen, Reception are a great first impression and very helpful, and all the other hard working staff make this hotel run very smoothly and will do anything to help. The rooms are fantastic with massive showers and a Jacuzzi, comfy big beds, great gym facilities and truly great location. There is not much night entertainment here, but enjoyed the Managers cocktail drinks but if you venture out there are loads of bars in the Gap
As stated in the title you deserve 5 stars but as I went all inclusive I have to rate my review on this experience and be fair to persons whom read the reviews.
When you pay for all inclusive you do not expect for add-ons , also when you arrive to be presented with the list to digest of what is included and what is not after a 20hr journey from England, it's quite hard to digest jet lagged,( lovely welcome drink and refreshing towel though). We were informed prior to arriving that O2 do set menus, No Problem with that, however myself I am not a meat eater or a big fish eater, my wife asked for steak and was told she would have to pay extra, another rule change I feel, but given out free on Barbie night. When it came to the night menu I struggled to find a choice for myself, the Thomson rep asked on two occasion for a alternate menu which I feel was ignored, so eventually we went to eat out, there nothing wrong with the food, in fact its top quality , but please think about guests that want an alternatives, especially AIC, also disappointing is that when you have a barbecue, burgers were not available, and the chef would not cook some even though the waiter pleaded with them. When your all inclusive you should not to keep having to explain 6 days into your holiday that you are all inclusive, you do have to sign a receipt every order you have but maybe it would help your staff if you gave guests an identity bracelet so they can recognise whom is all inclusive and who is not. Do not be put off by my all inclusive experience as I am a fussy eater but something for O2 to think about,(rather have a burger than a steak) I would defiantly go here again, but maybe self catering or bed and breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap