We stayed at Ocean Two, Dover Beach area of Barbados from 8/31/13 to 9/04/13. We had an amazing time there and would have stayed longer except for a medical issue that cut our time there short. We were greeted at the door and escorted to a lounge area. We were given a cold island fruit drink and wet cloth to refresh ourselves with while we signed in (always a good start), Our room was an ocean front full suite. The bedroom consisted of a comfortable king size bed, dresser, two night stands, closet, easy to use safe, etc.. There was a full size kitchen complete with utensils, appliances, washer, dryer, and nice table that seated 4. There was a sofa and side club chair and television. The bathroom was spacious with a double sink and a fabulous huge shower! The balcony held a wicker comfortable 4 chairs and table, plus two great padded chaises. The staff was unfailingly friendly. I even had a beach helper refuse an additional tip! I had given him a nice tip for setting up a beach umbel,a for me. When he later bright me a drink, he refused a second tip!
The beach was perfect, heavenly, amazing!!! This was an 'off season' visit so this might change during high season. The beach was big and empty! No wondering where to put your chair or blanket! Pure white soft sand, crystal clear water, and the water was wonderfully warm! There are several pools, one long one, another smaller one, and another that links to the bar.
There is a restaurant, just one. The food is okey! Nothing special. But you can eat and look at the ocean while the sea breeze surrounds you!
There are a few cons: the utilitarian marble floor was nice to see, but very very slippery (especially if you get some sand or water on it)! There needed to be more than the two bath towels. And my pet hotel peeve... They could have been thicker and softer! The bedroom can be a bit cramped if you need to keep your suitcases handy. If you are the type that likes a variety of restaurants or stores near you, there are none here. You would need to go into the city. And this is not the hotels fault, but the pan handlers that try to sell you things while you are relaxing on the beach can be annoying!
Overall, I hated to leave! I've been to many places, including the Caymens and all the Hawaiin Islands; but this was as close to paradise as I have ever been! I would go back to this hotel and the beach there in a flash!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap