Ocean Two is a first class hotel. Check in was pleasant with a complementary soft drink and was conducted sitting in the lounge. One surprise was the 50 USD a day authorization they insist on putting on a credit card (500 USD in one lump for our 10 day stay) for incidentals. This may have been buried in the small print of the hotels or Expedia’s website but I guess is not unusual for some hotels. As it turned out we did use the hotel restaurant so there would have been charges anyway. They would only take payment for meals by charging to your room but we were able pay cash for drinks at the bar.
We were very impressed with the effort the people put into keeping the hotel clean and that they go out of their way to say hello, good morning etc. We asked to change rooms as the one we were assigned had some sort of electrical closet adjacent that made noise and kept us awake, but we are light sleepers. Changing to another room was no problem and we ended up with a better view. As you look at the hotel from the beach our first room was on the 5th floor, second from left column and the ocean view was probably 100 degree angle, new room was same floor out front and 180 degree plus view angle. In the new room we had to keep all food in the fridge as there were tiny ants. We reported this to housekeeping but nothing was done as far as we could tell. The hotel seemed to fill up toward the end of our stay and parking got a bit limited.
Pool and pool deck are kept well and clean, plenty of towels available, bar open etc. Sunbeds and umbrellas on beach are well kept but the beach has its limitations. On an island with many beautiful beaches the one out front of Ocean Two does not offer easy swimming or water play. The small ‘inlet’ to the left as you go out has strong waves pushing through all the time, the one to the right is bigger but has submerged rocks. You can get out to clearer sea bed but it takes a while. I must point out that the red flag was out for most of the days we were at the hotel, the beaches may be better in calmer weather. We did walk/paddle around to Dover beach one day and that has better water access.
We used the restaurant a few times when we were too tired to head out to eat. Breakfast and dinner were comparable to other restaurants we used and service was prompt and polite. Evening entertainment was limited to the occasional one man steel band. The hotel bar and restaurant were always quiet but we were there off peak.
So the hotel was great and deserves its great status…..however (Please see our review of St Lawrence Gap)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap