“Great Resident Hotel!”

Ocean Two Resort & Residences
NYC
“Great Resident Hotel!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you read all the good (and very few complaints) reviews for this place, they're all true. I stayed in a two bedroom /ocean view room for a week. The apartment was very clean and fully stocked kitchen items came in very handy.

What made up the 2 BRs were one singular hotel room + a 1BR suite. The singular room is not too big, felt a bit cramped, and was missing a fridge (but i didn't need one; but can understand the gripes about not having one in the room).

The rest of the apartment was nice and well kept. No complaints about the upkeep and staff. (PAMELA!)

We spent a lot of time of the beach battling the rough waves (as noted by others, more for water activities than leisure swimming). Nearby Enterprise Beach is much calmer.

The location was good - very nice places to eat close by and very safe.

The staff was excellent (except the outdoor bar folk had some minor attitude). I would definitely recommend staying here, and would definitely return to O2 if I visit Barbados again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear VesperGirl

Thank you for taking the time to share this lovely, detailed review of your stay here with us. It is truly a pleasure to know that you had such a wonderful holiday experience, as we strive to provide this to all of our guests. We thank you for your kind remarks regarding our luxurious suites, favorable location and the stellar service you received from our team.

Rest assured, your glowing comments have been relayed to Pamela and certainly to the entire Ocean Two team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two soon!

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (695)
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on business in a one bed apartment. Decent size, good balcony, excellent free wifi. Staff friendly and helpful, cleaners very good. Hotel is on the beach and there is a smallish pool with a swim up bar. The location isn't too bad for Bridgetown and, whilst it is in a nightlife area, it is set back and you cannot hear anything but the sea. Supermarket if you want to use the well equipped kitchen in the apartment is about a minutes walk and an ATM not much further. Restaurant OK but slightly uninspiring. Very strong anti smoking policy, including on the balconies.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marcus K
Dear Marcuskillick

A warm thank you for sharing this brief but glowing review! At Ocean Two, we strive to provide our guests with an exceptional holiday experience and from your lovely comments it seems as though we hit the mark. We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two Resort & Residences soon!

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is our second trip to Ocean2 and we were not disappointed! We had a fabulous holiday here the same time last year and this year's stay did not disappoint!
We stayed in a one bedroom ocean view suite which caters for every need with a superb equipped kitchen, comfortable lounge and the most wonderful super- king sized bed to enable the best night's sleep possible!
All staff are welcoming, friendly and only too pleased to help with any need that arises - particular praise most go to Kylee on reception who dealt with our requests immediately and efficiently.
Also, recommended by the hotel was our taxi driver, Justin who offered a fantastic polite and reliable service on a day trip to Bridgetown and our return trip home to the airport in his fabulous air conditioned mini bus!
The reason we like this hotel is that we like to eat out at different places every night but still have the convenience of a kitchen complete with fridge etc for leisurely breakfasts and early evening sun-downers on the balcony!Our stay allowed us to do this and therefore have the best experience to suit our needs!
All in all, another wonderful holiday enhanced by the staff and creature comforts of this marvellous hotel! Many thanks to all!

Room Tip: One or two-bedroomed ocean view rooms are the best options!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank clare2mc
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear clare2mc,

Many thanks for sharing this lovely review! It was such a pleasure to welcome you back to your home away from home and we are truly delighted to know that you once again had an amazing stay here with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back home soon!

Norfolk
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We are still trying to recover from a fantastic holiday at Ocean 2, without doubt one of the best Hotels in Barbados. This was our 5th stay in your beautiful Island and it certainly will not be the last. We stayed in an Ocean view Two bedroomed suite on the 4th floor and were amazed at the luxurious fittings and equipment, especially the beds. In my mind a 4star hotel in Barbados is equal to a 3star in Europe but this is definately 4star+. Everything about this hotel is about the customer and ensuring their holiday is a memorable one, from top management (Paul Collymore) to the cleaners (in our case Olivia). Everyone at the Hotel goes out of their way to help as in our case, my son is wheelchair bound, and nothing was too much trouble to ensure his holiday was special, even providing a special shower chair for him. There are too many individuals to thank and name individually but special thanks to Oneil with his extremely pleasant manner, Roggick and Patrick (Mr Newmarket) who ensured we were constantly kept cool with the sprays and cold peppermint face cloths. Once again many thanks for a truly fantastic holiday. Well done Ocean Two.

Room Tip: The 01 rooms, 201, 301, 401 etc,etc enjoy the evening sun on their balconies.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank gcfNorfolk
Dear gcfNorfolk,

Thank you for sharing this review of your recent holiday experience at Ocean Two Resort & Residences. At Ocean Two we strive to provide our guests with an enjoyable and memorable holiday experience which exceeds their expectations, and from your wonderful comments it seems safe to say we achieved this.

We thank you for your kind comments regarding our luxurious, well-appointed suites and our the stellar service and genuine interaction provided by our commendable team . We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two soon!

Danville, Virginia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife & I visited Barbados the week of May 5th & stayed at Oceans Two. I will compliment several things & also express concerns for a couple small things. I do realize that the Oceans Two staff will read this and possibly respond so I am going to be very honest. We booked our room & flight through Cheap Caribbean (highly recommend). We stayed in a 4th floor 1 bedroom suite. The room was very nice with full kitchen, walk in shower, bedroom, living room & balcony. My only negative comment about room was the layout. I thought they could have put the bedrooms on the ocean side because you can't see it from the bedroom & there is sometime hallway noise that may wake you which only has a wall separating the bedroom from hallway. Pun arrival Jahson's Taxi Service picked us up at airport. (Highly recommend Jahson) He is based at Oceans Two just ask for him. The hotel staff greeted us very nicely with complimentary non alcoholic drinks. The lobby is all open from front to back with a nice breeze blowing through all day. The pool area is not as large as some resorts I have visited but we found it more then adequate. The beach in front is man made & is nice. You have to walk 150 to the right to access the water. The beach is about 300 feet wide. If your a snorkeler this beach is not for you. The water is more for the adventurist with steady small waves. (Much calmer early morning during low tide). The Resort has a full service beach crew to assist you with beach towels, chairs, umbrellas, cold hand towels delivered by staff, and a full array of water toys. There is a swim up bar with 1 restaurant available. This is my only COMPLAINT. We were at bar at 423 pm & ordered drinks our first day. The bartender told us happy hour was from 430 to 530. My wife had no watch & asked if it was happy hour yet. The reply from Robyn was yes it's happy hour. We ordered 4 drinks & 2 appetizers. When I got my bill 2 of my drinks were full price 13.00 us (very pricey). I asked the manager standing close by and she was not very friendly and asked if I wanted to speak with Robyn. I said ok, Robyn had no explanation & they just said it was the computers fault because it was when the order went through. I understood the computer but when we asked clearly if it was happy hour & I felt like I was being lied to just to get a sale. This bothered me for the entire week. (On my first night) I also felt his is worth mentioning. Also I witnessed the following from another family who bought the all inclusive package. His family was enjoying the drinks from the bar all afternoon. That evening they tell him his drinks he has been drinking all day are not covered in his package (Corona's). He was very upset! I totally understood. I think they made it right but not sure. That night he told me there was an up charge at dinner for stuff on the dinner menu. He told me that they were removing the All Inclusive package for the remainder of his stay. I just felt this was worth mentioning. I personally wouldn't recommend the all inclusive package at this hotel with only 1 restaurant. There are a plenty of great places within walking distance. I closing I want to highly COMPLIMENT Keena (the concierge), Joana, and the entire front desk crew. They were awesome getting us just about anything anytime!! In closing I do recommend this hotel for cleanliness, location, accommodations, & friendliness. Traveled from Virginia USA.

Room Tip: 4th floor or higher minimal.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ryan A A
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Ryan A A,

Thank you for sharing this review of your Ocean Two Resort & Residences holiday experience. At Ocean Two we welcome all guest feedback, as guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we are dedicated to providing our guests with stellar service and an exceptional holiday experience. Although we encourage guest feedback, we do find it necessary to clarify any statements which may mislead our current or potential guests.

To ensure that our guests have an exceptional and hassle free holiday experience, they are provided with literature upon arrival which details all necessary information pertaining to the relevant package that they are on and what they are entitled to on said package.

With regards to the beverages included on the respective meal plan packages, the literature lists precisely each beverage, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, that guests are entitled to, so as to ensure that there is no occurrence of miscommunication, and also to properly empower our guests with the knowledge of what they are entitled to.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with regards to your Happy Hour beverages and your comments have been addressed with the Food & Beverage department to ensure that this is an isolated incident and certainly not repeated in the future.

Overall, it appears as though you had an enjoyable stay with us, thoroughly enjoying our relaxed check in services, luxurious suites, our well-maintained pool and beach areas and particularly our excellent and commendable team. Rest assured your glowing comments have been relayed to Keena, Joanna and to the entire O2 team.

We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ocean Two Resort & Residences in the future!

North Berwick, Maine
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were greeted with cold washcloths and a drink as we arrived. Very nice touch! We waited for our room as we asked to be in a different room so that we could see the ocean. Melinda was the front desk person and found us a great room. We were escorted away from the desk to be placed in the lobby to relax with our drink and completed paperwork there. She gave us free appetizers which tasted very good. There were four of us so we each got something different and shared. When we arrived in our room there was a bottle of wine with an apology note for our wait. Our rooms were so spacious and immaculate. Rooms were cooled by an air exchange which was great. No musty odor. Beds were great and bathroom shower was just the best. Room has its own hot water heater so you never run out of hot water. Staff was very friendly as well as the people on the island. I forgot my camera bag in the shuttle from grocery store and was in a panic. Took taxi back and the manager tracked the driver down and he had my bag and delivered to our resort. Everything still in the bag. Area was great and easy walking. The outside furniture had cushions and were very comfortable and were also large. Pools were kept clean as the beach area was too. Highly recommend this resort. Candace and Melinda were great front desk people. Sent a bottle of wine to my brother-in-law and his wife as they were celebrating their anniversary An excursion we truly enjoyed was the segway tour. A must do!!!! This place is highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite on the sixth floor. Never went to spa or had breakfast so can not rate those.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luv2tosun203
Dear luv2tosun203,

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced whilst with us, but we are quite pleased to know that you truly appreciated our efforts to ensure your comfort and satisfaction throughout your stay.

We thank you for your kind comments regarding our well-appointed suites, amazing views, our excellent location , well-maintained pool and beach areas and our commendable team. Malinda and Candace are sure to be thrilled by your lovely comments! We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

After a six hour flight, a 45-minute wait at the airport to get through customs and a white knuckle drive from the airport, the cool cloths given to us when we entered the hotel was a great surprise and delight. And it just got better from here.

Rather than stand at the desk for registration, we were escorted to the lobby bar, seated and given a cool drink while registration was handled.

We were then taken to our room - or rather apartment, as this is an apartment hotel - which seems to be fairly common now in Barbados.

Bedroom was more than large enough for our very comfortable king size bed, dresser and luggage. It had a good sized closet as well. The bathroom was huge with a two-sink vanity and party-sized walk-in shower (no bathtub) with ceiling mounted waterfall shower head.

The kitchen, eating and sitting area was spacious and comfortable. The kitchen was fully kitted with stainless steel major appliances - including dishwasher - and small appliances as well as all utensils, pots/pans, dishes, glassware, etc one would need for a long stay. they even provide a basic 'starter' food kit. Clothes washer and dryer are also provided - in the suite.

The balcony was covered to protect from the odd rain shower and fully walled at both ends for comlete privacy. It was large enough to accomodate two full, padded lunge chairs - for those late night drinks - and a round table and 4 chairs for meals as needed.

Marble tile throught.

And absolutely spotless - when we arrived and throughout our stay.

The hotel has a small restaurant - had lunch there once and the food was good. But with the many restaurants only a short walk away in the centre of St' Lawrence Gap this is not an issue. There is also a small grocery store a short block away.

The staff was friendly and helpful. No request was too much.

Next time we come to Barbados - and there will be a next time - we will be looking to come back. Why try anywhere else.

Room Tip: Most rooms face the ocean. We were on the 6th floor - of seven - and it was very quiet. We faced t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FullCleveland
Dear FullCleveland,

Thank you for taking the time to share this lovely, detailed review of your stay here with us! It is truly a pleasure to know that you had such a wonderful holiday experience, as we strive to provide this to all of our guests. We thank you for your kind remarks regarding our luxurious suites, modern amenities and favorable location and the stellar service you received from our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two Resort & Residences in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Lawrence Gap
#1 of 26 in Saint James Parish
The Crane Resort
The Crane Resort
#1 of 4 in Saint Philip Parish

Been to Ocean Two Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!