After a six hour flight, a 45-minute wait at the airport to get through customs and a white knuckle drive from the airport, the cool cloths given to us when we entered the hotel was a great surprise and delight. And it just got better from here.
Rather than stand at the desk for registration, we were escorted to the lobby bar, seated and given a cool drink while registration was handled.
We were then taken to our room - or rather apartment, as this is an apartment hotel - which seems to be fairly common now in Barbados.
Bedroom was more than large enough for our very comfortable king size bed, dresser and luggage. It had a good sized closet as well. The bathroom was huge with a two-sink vanity and party-sized walk-in shower (no bathtub) with ceiling mounted waterfall shower head.
The kitchen, eating and sitting area was spacious and comfortable. The kitchen was fully kitted with stainless steel major appliances - including dishwasher - and small appliances as well as all utensils, pots/pans, dishes, glassware, etc one would need for a long stay. they even provide a basic 'starter' food kit. Clothes washer and dryer are also provided - in the suite.
The balcony was covered to protect from the odd rain shower and fully walled at both ends for comlete privacy. It was large enough to accomodate two full, padded lunge chairs - for those late night drinks - and a round table and 4 chairs for meals as needed.
Marble tile throught.
And absolutely spotless - when we arrived and throughout our stay.
The hotel has a small restaurant - had lunch there once and the food was good. But with the many restaurants only a short walk away in the centre of St' Lawrence Gap this is not an issue. There is also a small grocery store a short block away.
The staff was friendly and helpful. No request was too much.
Next time we come to Barbados - and there will be a next time - we will be looking to come back. Why try anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap