We cannot rave enough about our experience at Ocean Two. The hotel is situated on a wonderful beach within walking distance to many fine restaurants. While the property is somewhat small, it never felt crowded. Our room was clean, modern, and well appointed (We were in an ocean view one bedroom suite). To wake up and have tea on the balcony each day was heaven !! We know that the hotel was fairly booked, but we barely heard any noise from the other guests except for an occasional door closing or shower running. If you book a suite, I would definately take advantage of the fact that you have a kitchen to cook in and Dover Market across the street to pick up some groceries. We cooked some breakfasts in the suite and one dinner to help cut down on expenses. And pack somewhat lighter than normal because you have a washer/dryer. I came back with next to no laundry!
What stands out most, though, at Ocean Two is the service from the staff. They go out of their way to meet the needs of their guests and they do it all with a smile and always respond to a "Thank You" with "It's my pleasure". From the bartenders, to the wait staff, to the pool/beach attendants, everyone was extremely friendly, efficient, and seemed happy in what they were doing. We cannot thank Shanica enough for taking care of us upon our arrival and making sure our reservations for activities were taken care of.
As far as the restaurants within walking distance, I would highly recommend dining at Pisces and Chez Max. Cafe Sol was pretty good too as was the Brazilian BBQ restaurant.
We took the Atlantis submarine tour which was great and we also saw almost the whole island on a Jeep Tour.
Would we stay at Ocean Two again? In a heart beat !!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a brand new, four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap