On arriving at Ocean 2 I was welcomed by friendly staff and refreshments. The hotel itself is amazing,the rooms are spacious with large bathrooms and the shower unit was brilliant. Overall its a great place to stay if you are planning to spend most of your time away from the hotel. The food was average and I would not advise going all inclusive as you will be paying a supplementary charge on some of the food(s) and service charge on top. I was not aware of this when booking but was made aware through a letter sent from reception. Also for the week I was there the deserts on the menu were non existent -not sure why they just couldn't take this off the menu -would save so much time having to explain this to fellow diners every day. I felt the customer services was a charade-I met few staff workers who were genuinely friendly. Not all rooms are ocean view so please do ask for this when booking to avoid disappointment. The room service is rather appalling too- the room was not cleaned before 3pm everyday. On the plus side every Wednesday on the roof top is free drinks with the management and in the evenings(weekends especially) a BBQ and pan steel music which I must say was enjoyable. However you may prefer as I did to eat outside of the hotel at Champers, Zen restaurant etc. St Lawrence Gap has all the best eateries. Oistins which is a must on a Friday evening where you can watch the fishmongers at work (do not eat at Pats as recommended by the taxi drivers-the chicken was deep fried but frozen,would advise to try any of the fish only) and another must on the Wednesday/Friday is harbour lights(buffet/show and after party on the beach). It is advised to book in advance to secure a table though, however we were lucky enough to join a lovely couple and had a great laugh and very memorable evening.
Overall experience is average however I would not hesitate to book a trip to Barbados again. I can guarantee you will enjoy it as much we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a brand new, four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, seekda GmbH, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap