“Lovely Hotel .”

Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Wrexham
“Lovely Hotel .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We arrived at O2 after a week on the Thomson Dream which was wonderful. Our 2nd week was our chill out week which it certainly was. Our hotel room was amazing couldnt fault it whatsoever. You had every thing you needed there even a washer, tumble dryer and a dish washer. Its right on the beach the sea was a bit to rough for me to swin in but the pool was great lovly and warm. Most of the staff were really friendly and made us really welcome the only issues we had were we didnt feel as if they liked all inclusive customers coz we had to keep asking them what was on the all inclusve tarriff. Some of the food was included in it but alot of it had supplements added to it which we didnt appreciate as we paid alot of money for this holiday. Also alot of the drinks were not included in the all inclusive package either and again we had to ask what was in the package. The bar closed at 11 oclock which isnt good when your on holiday. They had a lovely bar there and it was such a shame that it was shut so early coz it was a good place to mix with other guests. People say you could go down the gap to have a drink but being on all inclusive we didnt think we'd have to coz we thought the bar would be open till at least 1.00. The food was very repeatative and we ended up eating out a few nights which was all expence again. If you do go to the O2 hotel I wouldnt go ther on an all inclusive tarriff you're best doing a room only deal then you can please yourself. The breakfasts werent too bad only problem there was it was cold by the time you got to your table and the cups of tea were always cold aswell. There's no entertainment at all there at night either. After coming off the ship which had such alot going on it was a bit dissappointing to find there was nothing at all going on here at night. Like I said the hotel,rooms and location was wonderful just a shame about the issues thst we had.

Room Tip: Try too get a sea view room as the views from the side of the hotel arent very nice
4 Thank WizzaWrexham
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear WizzaWrexham,

Thank you for sharing this review of your recent Ocean Two experience! We appreciate and encourage all guest feedback as it aides us in our continuous efforts to provide our guests with an enjoyable and memorable holiday experience that exceeds their expectations.

We were very disappointed to read about the concerns you had with regards to the All Inclusive Meal Plan package and sincerely apologize for the lack of communication with regards to what this package includes, as this is not our usual standard.

Overall, it sounds as though you had an enjoyable holiday experience with us and we thank you for your lovely remarks with regards to our amazing suites, wonderful location and commendable team.

We hope to welcome you back to Ocean Two Resort & Residences in the near future!

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (675)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have just returned from one of the most relaxing holidays we have ever experienced. From the moment we arrived at this hotel to the time we departed, we were made to feel welcome and that staff were happy to help with a smile. The hotel has many great features, we had an ocean view (which I definately recommend) one bedroom apartment. The apartment was beautifully furnished and I was amazed by the very high quality equiped kitchen, bathroom and bedroom which was cleaned and re-stocked every day.

The hotel is situated on a white sandy beach with sunbeds and umbrellas. The sun terrace has the largest lounger chairs I have ever used they were more like single beds and so comfortable. The hotel staff serve guests on the sun terrace and beach iced water regularly, cool body spritz and cold towels, just what you need when it is hot! There were plenty of clean fluffy towels available all day.

The food was really nice, we had buffet breakfast one morning , lunch each day and an evening meal on the day we arrived and I could not fault any of this.

Directly outside the hotel there are several bars and restaurants which are made up of local shack type restaurants, beach restaurants and a few more upmarket one too, so really something for all pockets and tastes. We dined at Pisces Restaurant on two evenings the food was extremely good and the service was excellent. This was the high end and quite pricey and situated directly on the waterfront in the heart of St Lawrence Gap. We also recommend Johnny Cools which is only a few minutes walk from the hotel and well priced. Cant wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Definately recommend an Ocean View Room which costs more but well worth every penny.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kim d
Dear kim d,

A warm thank you for sharing this review of your recent stay here with us at Ocean Two Resort & Residences! At Ocean Two we continuously strive to provide our guests with an exceptional and memorable holiday experience which exceeds their expectations, thus it gives us great pleasure to know that we were able to provide you with such an experience.

We thank you for your kind remarks regarding the high quality features and amenities of our suites, our fantastic location, your wonderful dining experience and the stellar service provided by our excellent team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two Resort & Residences soon!

torreguadiaro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at Ocean Two during the last week of February 2013 for 7 nights. I was really surprised at the size of the suite and can honestly say it's the best I have stayed in the Caribbean. Staff were lovely.

There are lots of restaurants and bars locally so I wouldn't go All Inclusive (which I didn't).

Highly recommended to all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Jon M
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
 Dear Jon M,

Many thanks for sharing this brief but lovely review! We are all truly delighted that you had such a fantastic stay here with us and extend our thanks for your kind remarks regarding the spacious size of our suites and our excellent team. We feel especially honored to have been given the distinction of the best hotel you have visited in the Caribbean!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two Resort & Residences in the near future!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Nothing too much trouble from front desk through pool, beach front, restaurant to maid service, all first class
Ideal base to explore island and to enjoy an evening on "The Gap"
Plenty of beds round pool or on the beach, plenty of towels
Best free WIFI connection I have every had, even worked on beach

Room Tip: Book a suite for a sea view
6 Thank ChapeltownAndy
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear ChapeltownAndy,

A warm thank you for sharing this lovely review! In just a few short lines you have highlighted some of our many fantastic features and amenities, particularly our complimentary WiFi, excellent location and our commendable team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two soon!

Peterborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Following a week long cruise around some of the islands, we spent a week at Ocean Two to relax and chill. We chose O2 following recommendations from our travel agent and after looking at the Tripadvisor reviews. Could it be really as good as they say? YES, AND SOME!
On arrival, we were welcomed with a refreshing fruit punch and a lovely cool face towel, and were checked in efficiently. Having arrived very early (10am) we were a little disappointed that our room was not ready before the allotted 3pm time. However, this was made up by the wonderful 7th floor penthouse suite we were given with fantastic views across the south coast region. The bed was extremely large, bordering on the same comfort as those marvellous Marriott beds! The fully equipped kitchen was a bonus, even though we had no intention of using it for anything more than a cup of coffee or the odd rum and coke.
The reason for our first visit to Barbados was my wife's 50th birthday, and the hotel excelled with a wonderful bouquet of flowers and chilled bottle of champagne in the room when we arrived, far exceeding what I had expected when I contacted them before our trip.
I believe the secret to O2's success is the efficiency of the young staff team, for whom nothing was too much. It was also nice to be able to have a laugh and joke with them from time to time - not too stuffy like some places. The pool area facilities were great, and the beach superb. Yes, the waves are a bit strong so swimming is not great, but with the beach and pool available, it was not an issue - in fact, the breeze was a welcome respite from the hot sun. It was also nice to sit on the rooftop at night with a rum and coke, enjoying the peace and quiet and stargazing.
As with every hotel, there is room for improvement. The breakfast is fine, and did get a little bit repetitive, but there was enough choice to avoid eating the same thing everyday. The only issue we found was the same as every holiday hotel - people "reserving" sun beds around the pool then simply not using them. One morning we saw people putting out towels at 7am !
One thing to note is that the best eating places are at the other end of The Gap. It's about a 15-20 minute walk, but its a nice stroll before and after dinner. We had no hassle from street vendors - just politely say no thanks and keep walking. The only real annoyance are the taxi's - there are hundreds of them and you will be asked if you need a taxi at least a dozen times on your walk. There are also a few small bars within 5 minutes that are frequented by locals, so you can be sure of some banter - I have never met such friendly or accommodating people.
Despite these small reservations, we still give O2 a 5/5 mark as it was truly a wonderful week. We will definitely have O2 at the top of our list for the next visit to Barbados.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Iain_Barbara
Dear Iain_Barbara,

Many thanks for sharing this review of your recent holiday experience here with us! We truly encourage feedback from all of our guests as it gives an unbiased and honest representation of their stay which in turn is beneficial to guests such as yourself when planning their dream holiday.

We thank you for your glowing remarks regarding our welcoming check in process, our luxurious suites, the fantastic amenities and spectacular views.

A special thanks for your lovely comments about our staff and I join you in commending them for the excellent service they provide daily and your comments have been relayed to the entire team. We are so delighted that you not only chose us to celebrate such a momentous occasion, but that your birthday experience here with us far exceeded your expectations.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two Resort & Residences in the future!

Barry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

As soon as we walked in to the reception area and saw the awesome view through the lobby out to the pool/beach and ocean I knew we had made the right decision in picking Ocean Two. The view got me every time I entered the lobby. Our Ocean front 1 bedroom suite was fabulous - same stunning views from the lounge and balcony area. Very well equipped kitchen - smart modern fittings and furnishings throughout. The staff are amazing - really friendly and helpful
. We had never used the concierge service before but found this really efficient. It would be wrong to single out any individual member of staff as they were all seriously friendly and we got to know quite a few of them as they always had time for you - always made the effort to remember our names as well. we spent half our time at the hotel and half exploring Barbados but I would have been quite happy staying at hotel as beach and service you receive there was outstanding. Certainly had A birthday to remember. Barbados is beautiful and this hotel made it a special holiday.

Room Tip: definitely pick an ocean front room - it's amazing to wake up to that view.
8 Thank JuneandKerry
Dear JuneandKerry,

Many thanks for sharing this review! We are all so delighted that you chose to celebrate such a special occasion with us. At Ocean Two we continuously strive to provide our guests with an enjoyable and memorable holiday experience and from your comments it seems as though we achieved this.

Our team certainly is an excellent one and we thank you for highlighting the stellar service provided by them. We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two in the future!

New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Overall my husband and I had a good stay at this hotel.

Restaurant:
Breakfast- The selection is very inconsistent: From the cereal choices, to the breads, to the hot items. A few times I asked if they had a certain cereal or muffin that was out the day before and the response I received was 'what is out is all that we have.' So I asked when they would have the items I was looking for and the response was either 'tomorrow' or 'I don't know.' What boggled my mind was that when muffins were put out, only 4 or 5 muffins would be in the basket. Therefore if you didn't grab one right away, you were out of luck.
-another thing is that you are in Barbados which I quickly deduced means you are on a different wave length in reference to time, especially NY time where we are accustomed to a faster pace. So before arriving I read many reviews that expressed how slow the service was, and as I read I would say to myself, 'who cares! You are on vacation...so what if your meal or service takes a bit of time.' But let me just say after experiencing it, it is painful- especially when you are waiting for your tea cup to be filled which you wanted to have with breakfast and your plate is almost clean.

Dinner
We tried to steer clear of eating dinner here after all the negative reviews but we did happen to dine at the restaurant once. Yes the service was slow. Yes the menu is the same every night. But the good news is the food was actually really good. I very hesitantly ordered pasta and was so surprised when it came out al dente! It was delicious.

Beach
We never had a problem getting beach chairs. There is no need to wake up at 6AM and reserve a spot. In fact, if you sleep late and get to the beach late, and there are no umbrellas left, the beach attendants have extra chairs, cushions, and umbrellas that they will set up for you.

Pool
These lounge chairs tended to go quicker, so people did get up and reserve. However the rooftop pool never had any people in it. It was very quiet up there. It is a nice area however there is no shade so it isn't very practical considering how hot the sun is during the day.

Dialing 0 aka hotel service
When I requested extra towels or tissues I had to make a few calls. And it wasn't like I called and waited 5 minutes and called again, it was more like I called before we went out for the day and when we returned to the room late afternoon the tissues still weren't there. Also housekeeping cleans much later than what I ever experienced staying at a hotel.

Housekeeping
They make the bed, take old towels and replenish with new. There is no sweeping of the floor, wiping of counters down etc. I would never expect one to go over the room with a white glove and clean, but at least sweep the sand off the floor! Or how about just wiping the shower down so after four days of living in the room I'm not greeted with soap scum every time I use the bathroom?

Check in
-typically hotels will explain the grounds, where to find things, and who to contact if further assistance is needed. The check in wasn't much like that. The big concern was making sure an appropriate credit card was left on file for incidentals. Throughout the week we were discovering menus, books, and where things were located. It would have been nice to have been shown that when we first arrived.

Book of Menus
This is pretty funny... My husband and I found the big book of menus in the lobby. We pilfered through and decided to dine at Pices. Mind you my husband and I do not eat fish so there was literally two things on the menu that we pre planned to eat. A bit expensive, but between the reviews for the restaurant and finding items on the menu, we decided it would be a go. Well when we got to Pices it was amazing but when we read the menu there, the prices were about $50 HIGHER than what the menu in the hotel lobby had! Of course we figured it was an outdated menu and at that point we didn't get up and leave but there was such a disparity that it could have really put us in a bind. That menu book needs an update.

Location
Can't beat it. It's a nice walk through St. Lawrence Gap.

Like I first said, we had a good stay, but some things could be worked on.

5 Thank salexi72
Dear salexi72,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review, as we greatly appreciate all feedback as it helps us in our continued efforts to provide excellent customer service.

We are quite disappointed to read that you did not thoroughly enjoy your time here with us and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences which occurred. We appreciate the opportunity to remedy any issue or inconvenience while our guests are with us and wish that you had raised your concerns while on property.

We do thank you for your constructive comments and for your kind remarks regarding our pool and beach areas and our favourable location.

Although this trip didn't meet your expectations, we truly hope that you would give us another chance in the future, as we are confident that we can provide you with the true Ocean Two experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Lawrence Gap
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
#11 of 49 in Christ Church Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,925 reviews

Been to Ocean Two Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!