My wife and I stayed here for 11 nights at the end of January and this place is just perfect. Its is located a short walk from St Lawrence Gap and we loved the walk. You really get a great feel of Barbados here, with a great mix of the tourists and the locals. You dont get this experience on the affluent West Coast. Everyone is so friendly.
We stayed on the 2nd floor in one of the 1 bedroom appartments. The appartment was a great place to stay. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very quiet. The bathroom had a fantastic power shower and it was really handy having a small kitchen area. But the best thing was opening up the double doors onto the balcony, looking over the pool and the beach. Stunning!
We were staying on a bed and breafast basis and breakfast was perfect. There was everything that you could possibly want and it varied every day. I especially liked the omlette station and the hotels banana bread!
Now, where to start about the communial areas of this hotel. Everyone at Ocean Two is friendly and helpful. Everyone always speaks and asks if they can help and asks how you are. Its things like this that really make a difference. The reception staff were always happy to make restaurant reservations for us and the staff around the pool always found sun loungers,even if it seemed there werent any available. I must especially mention Shantelle and O'Neil. Shantelle was always asking if we were ok and needed drinks and was always chatty and helpful. O'Neil was just as great, arranging a great trip us on our last morning. The other i noticed about Ocean Two was that it was immaculately clean.
My only criticism is the menu selection at lunch. It is very limited and needs more choice of sandwiches and things like that. Not everyone wants to eat fish and chips and big hamburgers for lunch. Also it didnt change during our stay. Having said that, what they did do, was very nice, it was just limiting.
Ocean Two is a must stay and we can not wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap