WOW! What can I say about this hotel that hasnt already been positivley written! No idea what the Cathy J review was talking about apart from we must have been in two different hotels! This was perfect from the moment we arrived in a taxi, the luggage was taken from us, we checked in with a cocktail and the best first impression of a hotel I have ever recieved! Then we were shown to our apartment! WOW! huge! massive bedroom and bed, huge bathroom that could easily accommodate a family of 4 at one time and includes a marble bench incase you are getting a litlle board of standing! The living room / kitchen all high spec and you can see the money that has been put into making this a truely 5star hotel! We had an ocean view room came equipped with two wicker loungers and a wicker table of 4 on the balcony. The pool area was perfect, the sun loungers! WOW! they were like a single bed with a matress equivalent! The beach was certainly not rocky at all perfect soft sand and ok then some reef but this did no way stop you walking on all sand for about 10mins into the ocean without stepping on a rock! The Staff WOW the Staff, I have never met such perfect staff on a trip before let alone their names! The Pool guys are fabulous! Can I add I have never been "misted" before with Eucalyptus spray to keep cool! Followed by cold towels and unlimited glasses of water being delivery and if that wasnt luxury enough they give you a flag to stick in the ground for any other drink / food /additional towel you could want. SO a Big thanks to our perfect "mister" Rodderik - hope you get Employee of the month soon you are a gem and such a lovely guy! Patick, Oneil, Ernie Thanks guys we loved our stay! The recpection staff all lovely even giving us hugs when we left and a special thanks to Pamela our house keeper for the 2 weeks we stayed at the hotel. I dont think I have every hugged hotel staff before but I did sshed a tear leaving! The impromtu "managers cocktail" evening fantastic touch and so nice to mingle with the rest of the staff. A truely wonderful hotel!
There is a supermarked accross the road from the street and you are not pestered at all what is wrong with a local saying you look pretty, or the guy selling jewelley asking to look a simple no from us every day turned into a running joke! Embrace their life we sure did! There are so many nice resaturants to eat in the gap the ones we likes the best were Harliquins, Bellini's, Cafe Sol (also good for happy hour 10pm-12) Sweet Potatoe, and the Greek restaurant next to Cafe Sol. The bars we went into were Cafe sol till midnight, then Reggea Reggea bar who the owner reminded us of Samuel L Jackson and Hall's Car park bar!! Truely Awesom and I highly recommend Oistins, Jolly Rodger, and Hastings... If you love having fun this is the place for you.. Thank you Ocean 2 your hotel is perfect and I hope it doesnt change any time soon a true Gem of the place, thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a brand new, four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, seekda GmbH, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap