Its difficult to know where to start due to all that has been said in the previous posts! With so much covered I can only agree with the great reviews. So just a few useful bits for you.
The left sided lift is still broken but should be fixed this week, so they said.
The attention to detail by the hotel staff is A*, Special mention to O'neil & Ernie on the bar and water-sports (o'neil is ex-Olympic Barbados surf champ), ask him about his jet-ski trips.
Around and about.....
Restaurants - Champers is a top top place to visit, ask for waters edge table, about 2miles away.
Cafe sol serve Mexican food and set in the heart of the bay, overlooking the small harbour, under 1 mile from hotel.
Pices is just opposite Cafe Sol on the waters edge again a great place to go.
Cafe Luna is a roof top restaurant situated just past Ostins, another place worthy of a visit overlooking the sea.
Be aware that sunset in Barbados is anything between 5:45 - 6:30pm, so if you visit for dinner at this early time you will be treated to something a little extra, because it really is spectacular !
Ostins which you will im sure have heard a lot about, its Friday night from 5pm till late. Many places to eat and drink some Banks beer, dancers on the stage and over the back on the square, great music and atmosphere the whole time. about 20bb$ by taxi to get there (£7.00).
Do go up the west coast with your snorkel & mask set if you enjoy the sea, its awesome...take any of the buses, small white 12 seater(often 19 and play reggie music the whole time, its a must), the yellow reggie bus, more like a bus, and the blue local authority buses, more like our buses. cost for any of them and any distance as long as you stay on is 2bb$ each ( .70p)..very cheap.
Overall we loved every bit of this trip and are making plans to return next year, it was amazing.
one last thing, the sea is very warm along with the pool both hard to keep out of!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap