Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Melbourne Inn @ Car Rentals(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Monteray Apartment Hotel(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Sandals Barbados(St. Lawrence Gap)
View Hotel
Time Out Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)
View Hotel
Escape Hotel And Spa(Saint James Parish)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Sandals Royal Barbados(St. Lawrence Gap)
  • Breakfast included
2,261 results
All reviewsice lolliesbeach attendantsthe gapcold towelsone bedroom suiterooftop poolwashing machine and dryerrainfall showerfull kitchenhappy hourtapasamazing hotelliving areadover marketwelcome drinkpool stafflarge bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a fabulous luxury hotel in a great location with friendly staff. On arrival we had a friendly welcome and were shown to the lounge, given a fruit cocktail and cold flannel which was really appreciated after the journey. We were given a tour of the hotel including the roof top terrace and pool and shown to our 1 bedroom suite. The suite was luxurious, with a balcony overlooking the sea and had everything you could need including a washer-dryer and full kitchen facilities. We didn’t use this at all however as there are so many fantastic restaurants!

The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk away from the St Lawrence Gap area where there are plenty of restaurants and bars. Pisces is a nice restaurant with amazing views across the bay and I would also recommend Sweet Potato for good authentic Bajan cooking and 2 for 1 rum cocktails! The Mexican bar and restaurant Café Sol tended to be more lively and stay open later than some of the other places in the Gap and is also a good place if you just want a snack or bar food. A must do trip is a catamaran cruise for seeing more of the island, snorkelling and seeing the turtles.

The pool area has to be my favourite thing about the hotel. The sunbeds are cushioned and so so comfortable, there are always fresh towels waiting and the pool attendants regularly bring iced water, cold flannels and cooling mist spray which is such a nice touch. There is also a pool bar for happy hour cocktails and food.

The breakfast was tasty and personally I found there was enough choice for a 2 week stay however I appreciate the other comments that the variety of juice and fruit could have been better.

Overall though the outstanding memories are of the friendliness of the staff whether reception, housekeeping, pool or restaurant. Nothing was too much trouble and they went above and beyond my expectations. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and only wish I could go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dee1002
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Ocean Two is rated 4 star however the service and standards were as good as or even better than many 5 star hotels we have stayed in. One of the most note worthy features was the bedroom which had the most comfortable bed ,a quiet air conditioning unit and a noise free atmosphere throughout the night. However the most enduring memory of all was the service and friendliness of the staff, which was not artificial but genuinely sincere and caring. What struct us was that the high level of service you would expect from Paul the Operations Manager was maintained by the receptionists, the bar and restaurant and pool staff. We will certainly be considering holidaying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sam G
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Me and my wife stayed here on our honeymoon and we were really impressed. Upon arrival we were greeted with a wet towel and a rum punch and a smile. We mentioned that were on our honey moon and were sent a bottle of Sparking Rose and some salmon sandwiches.

The room was very spacious, modern, had a huge bed and the air conditioning was lovely after coming in from a hot day. The shower was massive, it was a waterfall shower.

The breakfast and lunch menu was delicious and I had breakfast and lunch here every day.

The sun loungers were lovely and comfy and the staff made sure that nobody reserved any. The staff passing your lounger made sure you were ok and been looked after at all times and brought you ice water.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, Cheers Jeffrey, Kylee and Chantelle and all of the other staff who's name I forget. I was always greeted with a smile and the staff were really helpful, recommending and booking tables at restuarants for us, allowing me to print boading passes etc

Thanks to Olga for cleaning up the Rose I accidentally spilt on the balcony and for keeping the room nice and tidy.

I really enjoyed my stay here and hope to return next year, However .......

A couple of things which were slightly annoying were that the price of drinks changed randomly, ( I know happy hour was 12.30 - 1.30 and 4.30 - 5.30 so it wasn't this), 2 bottles of banks cost 8 dollars at 11.00 am, 14 dollars at 12.00 pm, 12 dollars at 3pm etc etc

The other couple of things which annoyed me were the street beggars and people giving it the hard sell on the street, you can't walk 30 metres before somebody bothers you and doesnt take no for an answer so we resorted to booking taxis everywhere. There are a group of locals who hang at the end of the hotel road so you can't buy anything from the shop without been bothered. I know this isnt the hotels fault but it really really annoyed me and a significant number of other holidaymakers who stayed at Ocean two that we spoke to also felt the same way.

Also some (not all) taxi drivers really tried ripping you off with the taxi fares, The chap who dropped us off at the airport (who was booked through the hotel) ripped me off for an extra 10 dollars charging me 40 dollars from the hotel to the airport and instead of $30 and said it was hotel rate and not the government published rate. I know some of you will say that I should have agreed the fare in advance and I did all week with the exception of the this journey but the Government has published rates from the airport to Christchurch which is $30 dollars and I didnt think it was unreasonable to assume that it would be $30 back to the airport.

Still it was great and made some good friends

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mark w
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We loved our stay at Ocean two!
About 10 minutes from the airport and right by the gap.
We had the 1 bedroom suite with oceanview and it had a kitchenette which was fully equipt to make meals, the hotel is really nice and clean.
They have one restaurant on site but "the gap" has many places to eat.
The staff is very helpful and friendly.... we had a few favs: Khadija, Kemar, Paul, Shauntelle, Eerie & "bob" just to list a few.
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Main hotel and pool area well maintained with comfy furniture and lovely setting. Staff very friendly although service could be slow from pool/beach/bar staff more keen on chatting up young female guests guests than helping the rest. Wasn't any problem however as no one in a rush.
Food and drinks good. Beach nice although bit barren for snorkelling and quite rough seas during our stay, although made it fun for swimming and other water sports.
St Lawrence gap ok. Some persistant sellers but friendly enough. Some nice eateries and bars and easy stroll from the hotel.
One issue was design of the one bedroom suites which means the bedroom has no opening windows. Despite aircon and fan, smelt damp in the humidity. Overall great place to stay if in Barbados, but do hire a car and get out and explore the rest of the island.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple