Me and my wife stayed here on our honeymoon and we were really impressed. Upon arrival we were greeted with a wet towel and a rum punch and a smile. We mentioned that were on our honey moon and were sent a bottle of Sparking Rose and some salmon sandwiches.
The room was very spacious, modern, had a huge bed and the air conditioning was lovely after coming in from a hot day. The shower was massive, it was a waterfall shower.
The breakfast and lunch menu was delicious and I had breakfast and lunch here every day.
The sun loungers were lovely and comfy and the staff made sure that nobody reserved any. The staff passing your lounger made sure you were ok and been looked after at all times and brought you ice water.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, Cheers Jeffrey, Kylee and Chantelle and all of the other staff who's name I forget. I was always greeted with a smile and the staff were really helpful, recommending and booking tables at restuarants for us, allowing me to print boading passes etc
Thanks to Olga for cleaning up the Rose I accidentally spilt on the balcony and for keeping the room nice and tidy.
I really enjoyed my stay here and hope to return next year, However .......
A couple of things which were slightly annoying were that the price of drinks changed randomly, ( I know happy hour was 12.30 - 1.30 and 4.30 - 5.30 so it wasn't this), 2 bottles of banks cost 8 dollars at 11.00 am, 14 dollars at 12.00 pm, 12 dollars at 3pm etc etc
The other couple of things which annoyed me were the street beggars and people giving it the hard sell on the street, you can't walk 30 metres before somebody bothers you and doesnt take no for an answer so we resorted to booking taxis everywhere. There are a group of locals who hang at the end of the hotel road so you can't buy anything from the shop without been bothered. I know this isnt the hotels fault but it really really annoyed me and a significant number of other holidaymakers who stayed at Ocean two that we spoke to also felt the same way.
Also some (not all) taxi drivers really tried ripping you off with the taxi fares, The chap who dropped us off at the airport (who was booked through the hotel) ripped me off for an extra 10 dollars charging me 40 dollars from the hotel to the airport and instead of $30 and said it was hotel rate and not the government published rate. I know some of you will say that I should have agreed the fare in advance and I did all week with the exception of the this journey but the Government has published rates from the airport to Christchurch which is $30 dollars and I didnt think it was unreasonable to assume that it would be $30 back to the airport.
Still it was great and made some good friends
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap