“Fantastic stay, Great Honeymoon”

Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Me and my wife stayed here on our honeymoon and we were really impressed. Upon arrival we were greeted with a wet towel and a rum punch and a smile. We mentioned that were on our honey moon and were sent a bottle of Sparking Rose and some salmon sandwiches.

The room was very spacious, modern, had a huge bed and the air conditioning was lovely after coming in from a hot day. The shower was massive, it was a waterfall shower.

The breakfast and lunch menu was delicious and I had breakfast and lunch here every day.

The sun loungers were lovely and comfy and the staff made sure that nobody reserved any. The staff passing your lounger made sure you were ok and been looked after at all times and brought you ice water.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, Cheers Jeffrey, Kylee and Chantelle and all of the other staff who's name I forget. I was always greeted with a smile and the staff were really helpful, recommending and booking tables at restuarants for us, allowing me to print boading passes etc

Thanks to Olga for cleaning up the Rose I accidentally spilt on the balcony and for keeping the room nice and tidy.

I really enjoyed my stay here and hope to return next year, However .......

A couple of things which were slightly annoying were that the price of drinks changed randomly, ( I know happy hour was 12.30 - 1.30 and 4.30 - 5.30 so it wasn't this), 2 bottles of banks cost 8 dollars at 11.00 am, 14 dollars at 12.00 pm, 12 dollars at 3pm etc etc

The other couple of things which annoyed me were the street beggars and people giving it the hard sell on the street, you can't walk 30 metres before somebody bothers you and doesnt take no for an answer so we resorted to booking taxis everywhere. There are a group of locals who hang at the end of the hotel road so you can't buy anything from the shop without been bothered. I know this isnt the hotels fault but it really really annoyed me and a significant number of other holidaymakers who stayed at Ocean two that we spoke to also felt the same way.

Also some (not all) taxi drivers really tried ripping you off with the taxi fares, The chap who dropped us off at the airport (who was booked through the hotel) ripped me off for an extra 10 dollars charging me 40 dollars from the hotel to the airport and instead of $30 and said it was hotel rate and not the government published rate. I know some of you will say that I should have agreed the fare in advance and I did all week with the exception of the this journey but the Government has published rates from the airport to Christchurch which is $30 dollars and I didnt think it was unreasonable to assume that it would be $30 back to the airport.

Still it was great and made some good friends

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mark w
Write a ReviewReviews (2,209)

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We loved our stay at Ocean two!
About 10 minutes from the airport and right by the gap.
We had the 1 bedroom suite with oceanview and it had a kitchenette which was fully equipt to make meals, the hotel is really nice and clean.
They have one restaurant on site but "the gap" has many places to eat.
The staff is very helpful and friendly.... we had a few favs: Khadija, Kemar, Paul, Shauntelle, Eerie & "bob" just to list a few.
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Main hotel and pool area well maintained with comfy furniture and lovely setting. Staff very friendly although service could be slow from pool/beach/bar staff more keen on chatting up young female guests guests than helping the rest. Wasn't any problem however as no one in a rush.
Food and drinks good. Beach nice although bit barren for snorkelling and quite rough seas during our stay, although made it fun for swimming and other water sports.
St Lawrence gap ok. Some persistant sellers but friendly enough. Some nice eateries and bars and easy stroll from the hotel.
One issue was design of the one bedroom suites which means the bedroom has no opening windows. Despite aircon and fan, smelt damp in the humidity. Overall great place to stay if in Barbados, but do hire a car and get out and explore the rest of the island.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Just returned from a 12 night break at Ocean Two, Barbados. From the minute we arriHved, we found all the staff very friendly, welcoming and attentive. Our one bedroom ocean view apartment was spacious enough (for my wife and I and our 15 year old daughter), impressively appointed with a well fitted kitchenette, lounge area (with sofa bed, which our daughter found satisfactory), shower room etc. Stunning view and spacious balcony too! Being a relatively new hotel, the furnishings and upholstery felt new and fresh (no stains or tears), especially the crisp white bed sheets.

The images on the official web site and guest images on trip advisor capture the essence of Ocean Two perfect. Well designed ground floor area, full-depth reception opening out onto pool/sunbathing area and lovely beach. We were lucky enough to see over 100 hawksbill turtles hatch on our beach on our second day there - a real surprise and treat!

Plenty of very comfortable sun beds around pool and on beach. Despite the lag effects from hurricane Isaac, the sea was a perfect temperature and only 'choppy' for one day; the rest of the holiday it was perfect.

The pool and beach area had a really relaxed feel and as a result it was very easy to chat to others or keep to oneself. On very hot days, the pool side staff provided glasses of iced water, chilled scented face cloths and iced lollies - very nice touch.

The pool(s) are very much 'leisure' based and curved, so keen swimmers won't clock-up many miles. That said, one of the pools is quite long at circa 20-25m.

Never felt the need to use the roof top terrace and splash pool, although it looked very nice, but had little shade. I think they said plans are afoot to add some shade. The gym was also well equipped and unused every time we visited it!

We took the breakfast option, which is worthwhile to avoid domestic chores first thing in the morning. The breakfast on offer was fine, but we were a little disappointed to not find the range of tropical fruits we'd anticipated.

The only minor comment is that the infamous lively St Lawrence Gap wasn't that lively; probably a season issue, but we did find the choice of restaurants a little limiting.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

As soon as my wife and I entered this resort we were greeted with cold wash clothes and had a fabulous view of the ocean. Everyone was very friendly and our room was incredible. The bars are great, one includes seating in a pool. The breakfast was great every day and the other food we got was also very good. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone heading to this area.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed with Ocean Two and I can not say enough good things about this place. We staying in a one bedroom ocean front suite. Very spacious, clean and luxiourous. The beds were very comfy as well as high quality appliances and fixtures. We were on the second floor and still had a wondeerfil view of the pool, ocean and beach. The pools were always clean and the pool/beach staff was very attentive. The staff is incredibly friendly, helpful and responsive. The location is great since it is walking distance to a number of delicious restuarants and nightlife in the Gap. I would defintely recommend this hotel to couples or families alike. We also took a catamaran cruise on board Jammin' which again is highly recommended - we snorkelled with turtles, saw a shipwreck, drank a lot of "jammin rum punch" and had a really good time. I would recommend this for anyone the crew were awesome. There's nothing we can fault about this hotel, Barbados or the locals - the whole experience was incredible and we'd love to return again soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle A
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family and I spent our last week in barbados here. We had a 2 bed ocean view apartment which was absolutely perfect! Really high quality fixtures and fittings, the perfect view with a wonderful veranda. There is nothing extra that could have been provided in the rooms to make it any better. The hotel should be a 5 * hotel. The hotel itself had a fantastic location right on the beach, and only a 10 min walk to the gap. What sets the hotel apart are the staff who are helpful charming and professional. Front desk - Shanika, Melinda, Kay - sorry for not remembering all names, the bar and waiter staff - Andre and Shantelle to name just two and the pool and beach staff - Eiree and the team. I would avoid all-inclusives in barbados - the hotels tend to be quite big and less personal. The O2 is the perfect size. Stunning design, enter reception where you can walk straight through the bar to the pools to the beach, the most amazing sunbeds that I wanted to take home and keep - you could sleep all night on one! Breakfast was lovely and lunch / dinner could be eaten at the hotel if you so wish - also delicious and very resonable, but you also get to eat at other places - oistens fish fry - Tapas on the boardwalk. Wonderful cocktails - especially at happy hour. This hotel really is the best new place to stay in barbados and we will be back. I miss the sunbeds.. I mis the ice-cold scented flannels that are bought round, I miss the view, I miss the pools I miss the sea.... I miss barbados..

2  Thank Jo1010London
The SoCo Hotel-Adults Only All Inclusive
The Crane Resort
The Crane Resort
#1 of 4 in Saint Philip Parish

Been to Ocean Two Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!