Just spent a week at this hotel and wished we had stayed longer. We were also there for the Crop Over festival which was amazing and brillinat experience to be part of. The food on the street cooked by the local ladies was superb!
The reception staff were really welcoming and check-in was lovely - we felt so looked after. We had a one bedroom ocean front suite that was superb with separate bedroom, lounge and kitchen area. The bathroom was large with two sinks and the walk-in shower was fabulous. Balcony was huge and great to sit and have breakfast everyday - although we did eat in the hotel restaurant for breakfast twice. It works out around £10.00 each. Sunbeds by the pool were so comfortable and very large - almost like lying on a queen size bed! Beach was beautiful and quite secluded as the hotel is last hotel built on the Gap so there are not lots of people walking by all the time. We were disppointed thought that the hotel bar closed so early every night - we went back one night approx 11.pm and all closed up which is disappointing for a five star hotel.
Venturing out at night to restaurants and bars was easy - just turn left and walk. Takes about 15 mins to walk the length and there are plenty of bars and restaurants on the route. It can be a little eery at night in the dark as there are some areas poorly lit and this is where a couple of beggars seem to lurk asking for change but after the first couple of nights it didnt bother us and we felt perfectly safe. Locals can be vocal as you leave the hotel but its all harmless banter. Local food was fantastic and a short walk up the beach at lunchtime and round the headland found us at some of the local beach bars which all serve great food and really cheap. Jerk chicken, fish cakes and rice and peas for lunch and a beer will cost you approximately £5.00. We had lunch and dinner one night at Jimmy Cools Jazz and Blues bar on the beach and this was also great food for about £10.00 a head excluding drinks. Cafe Sol was very popular Mexican bar and restaurant right at the other end of the Gap and we went here twice during our stay as music and atmosphere great from early on. The Gap doesnt get going till 11 ish so it can feel quite quiet until then. Food was great, service not the best but hey thats Barbados and everyone is very relaxed!! Word of warning if you are going out to eat- most places stop serving at 9.30pm - we missed dinner one night as had left the hotel at 8.00 and stopped en route for a couple of drinks; by the time we went to restaurant no-one would serve us kitchen closed!! This seemed to be the case everywhere except Cafe Sol. If you like coffee then turn right out of the hotel and Ocean 15 on the corner has a great coffee bar thats open from 7.00am. Theres a small supermarket as you walk out of the hotel but quite expensive and not a lot of choice but will serve you with all the basics. We hired an open top jeep for the day to see more of the island and this was great day out and good value for money. Bottom Bay is a must to go and see - like a scene from Robinson Crusoe! The half day catamaran cruise was also great value for money and the staff on board were fantastic. We went on the Stiletto Catamaran and Sheldon was amazing and full of knowledge - lunch onboard was superb and the drinks just kept flowing. An absolute must is Oistins Fish Fry on Friday night. Get there early or you wont get a seat or get fed. We arrived about 6.45 and found a seat at Pats Place. Waitress served us and we had an amazing plate of food for about a tenner and then drinks on top. Within an hour the place was packed and people were queuing around the corner. People were sat waiting an hour for food to arrive so we timed it perfectly as all the travel guides had said to go early so take heed!! The fish fry is on every niht but friday is party night and there are lots of market stalls selling giftds and crafts and DJ on stage playing music and everyone dancing - brilliant night out!! 10 days would have been excellent so we really didnt want to come home. Ocean Two Resort was fabulous place to stay in great location and we are definitely going back next year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a brand new, four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, BookIt.com, seekda GmbH, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap