“Everything everyone is saying is true”

Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Reviewed August 3, 2012

It's a perfect hotel. Not to big not to small, has it's own little private beach. Really close to Saint Lawrence Gap and an amazing staff.

After the first day we realized we wanted a car. We spoke with the staff and they arranged everything. They said the car would be waiting on us in a few hours and it was. We signed some papers, made a deposit and we were off (30 min total registration time). We didn't even have to leave the hotel. I asked what to do to return the car and they said, "Simply leave the keys at the front desk." Ridiculously easy.

Fresh free infused ice water everyday waiting at the bar (a very nice thing if you like to enjoy the rum as much as I did.) 4:30 happy hour.

They have free boogie boards, snorkels, goggles, fins and there is a surf school right next door, as in walk out of the beautiful lobby onto the beach turn right walk 50 yards and surf school is right there, feet never have to leave the flowery soft sand.

Another treat was Barbaod's water was amazingly good, because all of it gets naturally purified through their land which was built on coral. Unlike Mexico, you can drink the water, and I highly recommend it, honestly I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to bottle it and sell it yet.

The rooms are everything everyone is saying, just perfect and amazing and respectively for what you get a great price!

Rooftop pool with stunning ocean views.

If you stay here you will love every minute.

One small note, all of Barbados beaches have rocks under the water because the island arrived from coral not volcano. It's not a big deal and definitely has nothing to do with the hotel, it's simply nice to know they are there and when you are walking through the crystal blue water with a big rum drink in your hand you can see them and walk around them. :)

Room Tip: There really is no bad room, even the rooms that don't face the ocean directly still have a part...
3  Thank Ben C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,140)

Reviewed August 2, 2012

From entering the lobby on our first day to leaving the hotel, this hotel was first class.
The staff, all were friendly, (cannot remember them all but especially Oneill and Earrie - who even remembered our names!) were second to none. The rooms were beautifully decorated, with a washing machine and tumble dryer, which took the stress out of coming home to all that washing! The views were amazing, our room overlooked the ocean and the balcony contained a dining table and 2 recliners.
Locally, there were plenty of places to eat all within walking distance*, namely Pisces,Harlequin and Cafe Sol to name but three. The one time we ate in the hotel (too tired to go out after a day on the ocean) we ordered room service which was good.
* surprised with previous comments on being hassled by drug dealers. We never experienced this, only being greeted by a friendly 'Hello' from people on the street every morning.

The pool area was excellent, we were never short of a lounger - whatever time of day you went. Iced water was always readily on hand along with a cold water spray from the excellent team of pool and beach attendants.
Well done to the Manager and team of O2, who made our trip to the island such a memorable stay.

5  Thank NYCNovice
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Ocean 2. The rooms are fabulous and the view is incredible. I cannot rave enough about the friendly staff and service. Everyone here loves their job and it shows!! When I left my MacBook charger at home the front desk found one for me so I could get some work in. Will return to this hotel again and recommend it to all looking to stay on the south coast!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank eventjubilee
Reviewed July 31, 2012

O2 Is amazing inside. Every thing is nice and new, with great views. The beach is awesome, but the snorkeling there is weak. The staff is Top Notch! The restaurant was ok at best. The only real problem is its location. The short walk up the gap to all the restaurants is FULL of DRUG dealers. Some nights we couldn't walk a block with out being offered Charlie or Greens! Need the police arresting the dealers and not high fiving them.

Room Tip: South side will be the most quite, and the best Ocean views.
6  Thank Victor N
SeaBreezeBarbados, Director of Sales at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear VictorN490,

Thank you for your review and we are pleased that your stay with us at Ocean Two was enjoyable and that you received excellent service from our team.

As a country, we pride ourselves in being a safe and secure destination and encourage all visitors to the island to explore the many sights and activities that Barbados has to offer and we will continue to ensure that all aspects of the experience are in keeping with this ideal.

Thank you for your feedback and we will be sending it to the authorities that we are working closely with as evidence of our plight to extend the superior experience outside of our property's walls.

The Ocean Two Resort & Residences Team

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at 02 from the 6th July for 10 nights. I have never written a review about a hotel before but from my experience at 02 it's rude not too.I have never been to Barbados before so I didn't know which area or hotel to stay at. I'm a person who likes to go out so it made sense to be close to the night life, therefore I wanted to stay at a hotel close to the gap. I saw the pictures of this hotel and thought wow then having read the reviews and them all being positive made me decide on 02.
I was blown away when I first walked into the lobby, the pictures that I saw online looked exactly like the real thing. I thought if this is what the lobby looks like then I cannot wait to see the room. I thought it was going to be just a large room but it was actually an apartment so you have your own dining/kitchen area, which included a washing machine and dryer (not many hotels have a washing machine and dryer), the balcony overlooked the beach and pool area which was a beautiful view. The bathroom has 2 sinks and a very large shower and the bedroom has a huge bed with a flat screen TV, wardrobe, ironing facilities etc..
The hotel is very clean, and the staff are very friendly. There are particular staff members who I would like to personally mention since they looked after me well there names are Chantel, Jeffrey, Patrick, Dwayne and a huge huge thank you to Earri.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
The only criticism I have is that maybe the hotel can provide more entertainment for the guest such as pool aerobics or volley ball on the beach area. Aside from that I loved it, wish I stayed longer.

Room Tip: Would recommend the one bedroom ocean front rooms for couples.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank LadyC88
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon and we had the most wonderful time. We stayed in a 1 bedroom oceanfront suite and it was really perfect--beautiful and clean. We were on the corner of the building so were able to have a cross-breeze through the many windows in the suite and left everything open most of the time. The service was outstanding. Someone mentioned it was slow, but I never really felt that it was. When all you have to do is sit on the beach or by the pool, who cares anyway? The beach was great. It's on a smaller more secluded stretch. Everything was lovely.

Room Tip: Corner suites have many more windows to allow for a cross-breeze, so you can keep the windows and ba...
4  Thank julez888
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had a 1 bedroom ocean front lower penthouse with full living room> The kitchen was fully equipped and with high food prices in Barbados this allowed us to make our own snacks easily. The washer and dryer was great, the pool lovely and on a long beach with great walks, great swimming and the kids loved boogie boarding. The ultimate had to be the staff, each and everyone had a personality and nothing was too much trouble - they made the stay wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Check the size of the pull out sofabed - ours looked like a king but the bed was too small for 2 unl...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 26 in Saint James Parish
Coconut Court Beach Hotel
Infinity on the Beach
Coral Sands Beach Resort

Been to Ocean Two Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!