2,368 results
All reviewsice lolliesbeach attendantsthe gapcold towelsone bedroom suitewashing machine and dryerrainfall showerrooftop poolfull kitchentapasliving areadover marketamazing hotellarge bathroomwelcome drinkpool staffsun loungers
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband and I have visited Barbados many times over the last 18 years staying mainly on the West Coast but also occasionally in the South. We enjoyed a wonderful long weekend at Oceans Two between 22-25 March. Our room was clean, well resourced and spacious. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. On arrival, I had no coffee maker or hairdryer in my room. The soap was one I couldn't use. These things were sorted out with a efficiency and courtesy that I have only ever seen in very top establishments like The Sandy Lane. The resort was clean and well maintained with wonderful views that the St Lawrence Gap exterior would give you no idea of! You could get a bed on the terrace or beach anytime of day. They were plush and towels were plentiful. They had a great rooftop pool, which you were able to practically have to yourself whilst we were there.

The beach staff were really attentive, just stick your flag in the sand and they'll be there. There is a happy hour at 1.30-2.30 and also at 5.00-6.30. Oceans Two is within walking distance of the bars and restaurants in the Gap as well as being close to many lovely beaches. Failing that the buses are cheap, easy and nearby. It was great to be just 10 minutes from the airport too.

Our room was on the ground floor next to the reception area - if you are particularly noise sensitive like me, avoid this one! I think it's 104?? My husband, however didn't hear a thing! The staff went out of their way to address the minimal disturbance I encountered. Also it was a small price to pay for the wonderful pool front location, huge terrace and great beach views. They genuinely seem to care about you having the best time possible and seem to be pleased to do all they can.

I enjoyed the fact that it was also condo-owner occupied so I had a feeling of "no one in my face - no one in my space"! We thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Avoid being near the reception on the ground floor if you're noise sensitive!
3  Thank JaquiSampson
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed at this property for 3 nights with my female friend (2 girls on tour). We loved it!!!! Odd location as in you could pass it day in & day out not knowing it was there! They definitely need a sign post but I believe this is being arranged (Barbados time) :o) Very funky, ultra modern property! ) Lovely entrance - you can see beyond the reception desk to a modern lounge/bar area - beyond this is an opening (almost like the wall is missing) - you can see the pool, the beach, the ocean - breathtaking! It looks like a framed picture that you are about to step in to. We stayed in a 1 Bed Suite - very spacious with all mod cons. Flat screen TV in both the lounge & the bedroom. I Pod docking station. Fully fitted kitchen (including washing machine). Lovely dark bedrooms (no windows) - amazing beds (please note that they are king size in all rooms & can NOT be exchanged for twin) so if you are travelling with a friend... You'll be closer by the time you leave :o)
large bathroom with a fantastic shower - room for a football team!! Outside area: pool small but lovely with a swim up bar. The best sun loungers I have EVER lay down on! Wrouight iron framework & thick padded mattresses that entice you to laze away the day! Great service around the pool & beach. We were sat reading by the pool when a member of staff came over & said "Good afternoon ladies, I see you haven't been to the bar so I'm going to bring the bar to you - what can I get for you?" How's that for service? Beach is very lovely & they have built a breaker in the water to prevent the large waves hitting you (quite common on the south coast). Roof top deck & pool which can be accessed by a lift - the managers weekly cocktail party is held here too. Walking distance to St Lawrence Gap & all it has to offer. Highly recommended & I WILL return!

Room Tip: Views from rooms on higher floors are amazing - however, we were originally on the top floor (7th). There was a constant droning noise so we asked to be moved. Apparently, there are gererators on the roof so this is what was causing the noise/vibration.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shazza66
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Ocean Two for three nights last week. We both think it is a beautiful property. We booked the room at a discounted rate (but still over $200 per night) through Rue La La, but it is a rather expensive property for the South Coast, though less than the West Coast resorts we considered.

We had a large 1 BR suite, with in-unit laundry facilities, a walk-in tiled shower, two sinks, a kitchenette, a large balcony and modern furnishings. The room was much better furnished and maintained (the air conditioning comes to mind) than similarly priced places we have stayed elsewhere in the Caribbean. The room was also impeccably clean.

The hotel has several nice, though, small pools, a swim-up bar, a nice lobby bar, a clean and modern gym and a "private" beach. All beaches in Barbados are legally open to the public, but a seawall dividing the beach from the neighboring Dover Beach and Turtle Cove resorts resulted in few non-guests on the beach. Service was also excellent.

The location was good. There is a convenient market across the street, as well as a coffee shop at the Ocean 15 nearby where we had breakfast every morning. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the heart of St. Lawrence Gap. On the downside, it is a bit dark and desolate along parts of the walk between the hotel and St. Lawrence Gap at night, but we did see mothers with children in strollers walking casually at night, which gave us comfort. In addition, the beach, though beautiful and soft where the beach chairs are, is a bit rocky underfoot if you go in the water. We spent more time in the pool than in the ocean.

I stayed at the Yellow Bird in St. Lawrence Gap the rest of the week after my girlfriend had to go back to the U.S. While the Yellow Bird is comparable to other properties I have enjoyed in the Caribbean and is a bit less expensive, there is no comparison. The Ocean Two is a great place to stay on the South Coast. We would gladly go back.

4  Thank CTJeff
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed here while visiting some tennis buddies in the Barbados and was just blow away by the accommodations and service. the one bedroom suite (upgrade at no charge) was huge, with great furnishings and wonderful ocean view and large balcony.

Service was gracious, little touches abound. When you check in you are seated in the lounge while they find your reservation and they serve you a glass of fruit punch.

At breakfast staff remember your name and preferences.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank 10izboy
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was getting bored of going to Barbados (We've been seven times now) but this property has rekindled my love for the Island.

We opted for a 1 bedroom suite, balcony overlooking the pool & beach. Full kitchen and laundry facilities. The kitchen was great as I love a huge bowl of porridge and smoothie in the morning and had no worries knocking this up every morning and then sitting on the balcony listening to the waves.

Everything about the property is new and modern as opposed to the majority of the 'old fashioned' designs and furniture associated with the majority of other hotels on the island and that includes the 'top' resorts.

All of the staff are wonderful and my wife was raving about how lovely Chantelle who works around the pool is.

I used the gym. It's nicely kitted out with Technogym equipment and it is adequte for a holiday gym. I cable machine or smiths barbell machine would be handy but you can't have everything.

I can't add much more to what everyone else has been said but I'm pretty sure if you go here you won't regret it.

Wifi is free and available all over the resort.

The pool area is small but we never struggled to get a bed.

Like a previous poster I am also a Hilton elite member and have stayed there before and despite the lure of free breakfast, lounge access and upgrades I wouldn't stay anywhere but Ocean Two the next time we go to Barbados (which will probably be next year).

I don't know what they have to do to officially be rated a five star property but 4 stars seems a joke as it is far superior than that and many other five star resorts I have visited.

We stayed March 2012 (Just got home!)

Room Tip: Get at least a one bedroom suite and not a standard room.
4  Thank JR-Eng