2,367 results
All reviewsice lolliesbeach attendantsthe gapcold towelsone bedroom suitewashing machine and dryerrainfall showerrooftop poolfull kitchentapasliving areadover marketamazing hotellarge bathroomwelcome drinkpool staffsun loungers
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Ocean Two for three nights last week. We both think it is a beautiful property. We booked the room at a discounted rate (but still over $200 per night) through Rue La La, but it is a rather expensive property for the South Coast, though less than the West Coast resorts we considered.

We had a large 1 BR suite, with in-unit laundry facilities, a walk-in tiled shower, two sinks, a kitchenette, a large balcony and modern furnishings. The room was much better furnished and maintained (the air conditioning comes to mind) than similarly priced places we have stayed elsewhere in the Caribbean. The room was also impeccably clean.

The hotel has several nice, though, small pools, a swim-up bar, a nice lobby bar, a clean and modern gym and a "private" beach. All beaches in Barbados are legally open to the public, but a seawall dividing the beach from the neighboring Dover Beach and Turtle Cove resorts resulted in few non-guests on the beach. Service was also excellent.

The location was good. There is a convenient market across the street, as well as a coffee shop at the Ocean 15 nearby where we had breakfast every morning. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the heart of St. Lawrence Gap. On the downside, it is a bit dark and desolate along parts of the walk between the hotel and St. Lawrence Gap at night, but we did see mothers with children in strollers walking casually at night, which gave us comfort. In addition, the beach, though beautiful and soft where the beach chairs are, is a bit rocky underfoot if you go in the water. We spent more time in the pool than in the ocean.

I stayed at the Yellow Bird in St. Lawrence Gap the rest of the week after my girlfriend had to go back to the U.S. While the Yellow Bird is comparable to other properties I have enjoyed in the Caribbean and is a bit less expensive, there is no comparison. The Ocean Two is a great place to stay on the South Coast. We would gladly go back.

4  Thank CTJeff
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed here while visiting some tennis buddies in the Barbados and was just blow away by the accommodations and service. the one bedroom suite (upgrade at no charge) was huge, with great furnishings and wonderful ocean view and large balcony.

Service was gracious, little touches abound. When you check in you are seated in the lounge while they find your reservation and they serve you a glass of fruit punch.

At breakfast staff remember your name and preferences.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank 10izboy
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was getting bored of going to Barbados (We've been seven times now) but this property has rekindled my love for the Island.

We opted for a 1 bedroom suite, balcony overlooking the pool & beach. Full kitchen and laundry facilities. The kitchen was great as I love a huge bowl of porridge and smoothie in the morning and had no worries knocking this up every morning and then sitting on the balcony listening to the waves.

Everything about the property is new and modern as opposed to the majority of the 'old fashioned' designs and furniture associated with the majority of other hotels on the island and that includes the 'top' resorts.

All of the staff are wonderful and my wife was raving about how lovely Chantelle who works around the pool is.

I used the gym. It's nicely kitted out with Technogym equipment and it is adequte for a holiday gym. I cable machine or smiths barbell machine would be handy but you can't have everything.

I can't add much more to what everyone else has been said but I'm pretty sure if you go here you won't regret it.

Wifi is free and available all over the resort.

The pool area is small but we never struggled to get a bed.

Like a previous poster I am also a Hilton elite member and have stayed there before and despite the lure of free breakfast, lounge access and upgrades I wouldn't stay anywhere but Ocean Two the next time we go to Barbados (which will probably be next year).

I don't know what they have to do to officially be rated a five star property but 4 stars seems a joke as it is far superior than that and many other five star resorts I have visited.

We stayed March 2012 (Just got home!)

Room Tip: Get at least a one bedroom suite and not a standard room.
4  Thank JR-Eng
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We just returned from our 4th trip to Barbados and we were absolutely thrilled with Ocean Two and its Staff. This is a brand new Resort and it is gorgeous. our 1 bedroom unit was about 800 sf with plenty of room to spare. The shower was amazing with a "waterfall" shower head in the center of a very large tiles shower. We really enjoyed the pools, both the beachfront and rooftop.
Everyone at the resort was extremely accomodating, especially Wavell, Andre, Patrick, Ian and Jamal. Olga in housekeeping always made sure our unit was in tip top shape. We will go back! we highly recommend J&R Taxi service..246-233-3674 email: j.r_taxi_services@live.com

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a bad room. we were on the third floor and was still very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank redbett
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I really honestly would recommend this property as a great stay in Barbados. The staff from the check in desk right up to the waiters and the restuarant staff made you feel so special and welcome. I wanted a hotel with a cozy intimate feeling and i got everything i wanted and more . I am normally a hilton guest as an honory member but from now on my stay once available will be at Ocean 2. I wish to single out the Manager Mr. Paul Collymore who takes a real hands on approach to ensure guest satisfaction and no doubt this resonates to his staff . Great place .

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great as I saw however when you check in just ensure that you advise the receptionist that you want to wake up to see that beautiful torquiose water.
3  Thank Nathan D