2,380 results
All reviews ice lollies beach attendants the gap cold towels one bedroom suite washing machine and dryer rainfall shower rooftop pool full kitchen tapas living area dover market amazing hotel large bathroom welcome drink pool staff sun loungers
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Firstly, I have never felt the urge to write a review for anywhere - and I have travelled extensively. Arrived at reception and were taken to the bar area overlooking the beautiful Caribbean. We were given an ice cold flannel and a lovely welcome cocktail then shown to our suite.

My wife and I were blown away. We had a front facing corner room on the sixth floor (610a I think). 4 star - no way. This is clearly a 5 star accommodation. The fixtures, fittings and decor are second to none. A fantastic bathroom, a bed that we wanted to take home and a view to die for. When you visit the Caribbean the accommodation is usually fairly basic (we had a suite at sandals in Antigua last year and it didn't come close to this). The only other place I have experienced quality like this is in puerto banus in Spain.

Accommodation aside the thing that made our holiday was the service level. The team is lead by Mr Paul Collymore who walks the property twice a day checking if there is any thing that can be done to improve your stay. Nothing is too much trouble. We were sitting at the pool bar one day and mentioned a restauarant we wanted to try (Pisces) and fifteen minutes later the reservation had been made. Also when my wife had a nasty mosquito bite, O'Neil the assistant manager offered to drive us personally to the pharmacy to get cream. Tell me where else this would happen? Whoever has recruited the staff has clearly done their job because everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. I know this sounds gushing but that it how it is.

As for the island, in our opinion it is the best in the caribbean. It is safe and the locals are genuinely friendly. Another example is we were out one lunchtime and came across a lovely bar restaurant on the beach (tapas). My wife and I decided we would like to eat there but as we had only intended to go for a walk I hadnt brought enough money. I got chatting to the owner (Alfredo) and mentioned this and was told it was not a problem - he told us to carry on and pay tomorrow. Again we were amazed. Another worthwhile visit is the cliff. Pricey but worth it. Our bill came to 800 bds dollars and I was happy to pay it. We have paid more in the west end of London and the setting and service doesn't compare.

In summary whenever we visit Barbados it is the only place we would stay.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Jb197
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Just got back from a two week stay at Ocean 2. My husband and I traveled with another couple and we booked our reservation through Interval International's Getaway program. I sent several requests (since Sept.) requesting a room with an ocean view and when we arrived, they were booked to capacity and we ended up with a beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit, but no view. Check-in was a little confusing as no one could seem to find a better room for us and unfortunately, they had us waiting for over 2 hours before they came back and said they had nothing else. The front desk didn't handle the request efficiently and really started us off on a bad note. We ended up spending the first week on what they call the bayside and since we weren't high enough up (4th Floor) we were looking out at roof tops and no water view. Week 2 they truly made up for the first week and we were moved to the 7th floor. Still on what they call the bayside - but beautiful views of the turquoise blue ocean. Both units were amazing and beautifully furnished. The bedrooms were large and the master had its own private balcony and whirlpool tub. The bathrooms have large walk-in showers with rain shower heads. Pillows and mattress were beyond comfortable! The living room was equally beautiful and led to a large balcony and the kitchen was truly state of the art even down to a wine refrigerator. We had a flat screen TV in each bedroom and the living room as well. The room was very clean and housekeeping continued to do an amazing job during our two week stay. Rooms were refreshed every day with new towels as well. Our unit was very adequate for the four of us and provided us with plenty of space and privacy as well. Bedrooms are on the outsides of the unit - living room and kitchen is in the middle.

The lobby is gorgeous and you look out through the lobby to the pools and the beach. Lounge chairs were plentiful and very comfortable. The pictures on their website do justice to what you will be in store for. The beach itself was rocky and the surf was rough. We ended up going elsewhere if we really wanted to spend time in the water. But for the days that we just wanted to use the beach and the pools, it was perfect. If you like to surf, folks were renting boards next door and surfing right in front of us. Not huge waves, but looked like they were all having fun.

The onsite restaurant was somewhat of a disappointment. The food was good, but service is truly lacking. I understand that service is not what we are used to coming from the NY metropolitan area, but the service here really hurts this place. We were so turned off the first day we ordered drinks and a sandwich, that we avoided eating there at all costs. Decided near the end of our stay to give it another chance for lunch and again we were very disappointed in the service. It shouldn't take 15 minutes to get a beer when the bar is less than 100 feet away. When we finally got our meal, the food was OK, but nothing to rave about.

Overall, this is an amazing property. They opened recently and I just feel they need to work out some issues with customer service. There are a few people that truly went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, but management hopefully will pay closer attention to ensure that check-ins are smoother and hopefully they will train their restaurant staff so service is improved.

Room Tip: The higher the better the views. Not all rooms are 'oceanfront' so be careful to select what you want when booking. If you have a bay side room - you may really not have a view at all.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank RKNewJersey
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We booked two weeks from 27/02/12 to 12/03/12 in one bedroom ocean front apartment on a room only basis. The room and all the equipment and facilities in it were fantastic, 2 large flat sceen TVs, combination oven, electric ceramic hob, american fridge/freezer, washer and dryer, ironing board and iron etc, all the glasses, pots, pans and utensils were all of a high quality and there was also plenty of sharp cooking knives of all sizes.
The staff were all first class and very curtious and helpful at all times. I must make a special mention and thankyou to O'Neil the "pool, beach and watersports" manager, who was acting duty manager on the afternoon my wife passed out in the lift badly bruising and cutting her eye. He organised a taxi immediately and contcted the local clinic to advise we were coming he then came with us to the clinic and stayed while my wife was treated and then organised a taxi back to the Hotel. He just couldn't do enough for us. Thanks again O'Neil.
The sunbeds are excellent, the thick mattresses were very comfortable and the pools very refreshing and plenty of staff to bring drinks as required.
There is a mini-market store just over the road from the hotel which sells most things that you need for making meals in the apartment if you are so inclined but there are plenty of restaurants just a few minutes walk from O2 if you want to eat out.
All in all it was an excellent holiday even though there were quite a few showers the first week which was very unusual for that time of the year, the second week there was no rain at all.
Oh there is a little bar just opposite the mini market called the Gap Bar which is open 24/7 and has "Happy Hour" from 1700 to 2000hrs every day!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank John G
Reviewed March 18, 2012

our room was very small, I would have upgraded if I knew ahead of time.
The room was not meant for two prople to stay in a week.

Room Tip: Do not choose the hotel room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JJARUBA52
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Everything good you read about this hotel is true. The staff certainly go out of their way to make sure your stay is a pleasant one. Special mention to Daniel the manager who is totally on the ball and keeps everything on track. Patrick, Ian, Eerie and O Neil poolside are truly nice people who take pleasure in knowing everything is to your satisfaction. If you can afford it go for the one bedroom suites as you get a lot more for your money. The food is great and they have sorted the long waiting times previously mentioned. We can't say anything negative about this place they work hard to ensure your holiday is the best ever. Best wishes to all the staff hope to see you soon. Ant & Wendy

• Stayed: March 2012