“Excellent Place to Stay!!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Quinny199...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Place to Stay!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

We stayed for 14 nights at #201 Sapphire Beach and loved every minute of it. The pictures of the apartment don't do it justice so I was even more pleased when we arrived.

We had requested a cot on arrival for our 7 month old and this was missing, but within 15 minutes of contacting Anita from the management company there it was so no issue at all, someone just forgot to put it in. In fact anything we needed I felt we could call on the owner or Anita for help.

The apartment has a blender which came in handy for our 7 month old. We also made use of the large american fridge for storing our Banks beers and to have a washer/dryer was also great. The air conditioning was fully working and helped keep the place a nice temperature.

This is a corner plot on the 2nd floor so you get a great view of the sea and Dover beach whilst having your morning coffee :o) The balcony is a very good size with a dining table and three lounger chairs for when you just want to kick back and enjoy the views.

We also loved the pool, the white sand beaches and turquoise seas are what truly make Barbados, but when you are there 14 nights it is also nice to have a fantastic pool to make use of. There is also direct access to the beach from the pool area so you can literally have the best of both worlds.

There is an excellent restaurant and bar just across the road call Pronto, this was a god send for when we just wanted to grab something with no fuss, pizza's, flying fish sandwiches, salad's, pasta's etc and a daily special. Plus 2 x Rum Punch for $9BBD. The place was really reasonable and we never had a bad meal there. You are on the Gap so you are also in working distance to lots more bars and restaurants such as Primo for steak and Cafe Sol for Mexican!!

We also used the Dover Supermarket just a 2 minute walk from the apartment, I am sure we could have gone to Massey's and saved a bit of money but as we were only buying the essentials, milk, bread etc we did not want to go out of our way.

Overall I cannot recommend this apartment highly enough, Donal was great to deal with during my initial inquiries through to booking. Then on arrival the only issue was the cot which was resolved within 15 minutes so not complaints at all.

Housekeeping came in twice a week to wash all the towels and tidy the place, again no complaints and saved us a job ;o)

Definitely 5 stars from me.

Management Response
May 25, 2018
Thanks martin for your great review . If ever traveling our way again remind me and we will look after you .
Natalie A
Luton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed November 14, 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

I have just returned from staying in the beautiful apartment, 6th Nov til 13th, it was wonderful! It was spacious clean and tidy, and had everything u may need. It is on the corner of the building so the views were amazing, wonderful way to wake up in the mornings, and the balcony was an ideal place to have breakfast. There are open bars and food places beside the building and they had music and karaoke nights, but u can hardly hear this when ur in the apartment.
The people and staff are friendly people and always willing to help.... don’t be afraid say morning/evening/ night everyone responds and says it. There are places to eat / drink all along the strip, and a store for you to buy food and bring back to cook if u wish. I would suggest going out of the strip and jumping on a local bus/mini bus only 2BBD, and going to TriMarket to buy food to cook
It’s a little cheaper.

Barbados is beautiful - my favourite word -and I would definitely be going back ...

Ellenager...
St. Neots, United Kingdom
“Just perfect ”
Reviewed October 7, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We rented this condo from 29th September for a week. Everything from the moment we booked to the arrival at the condo was very good. We were met on arrival and given our keys and a run through and contact numbers incase of any emergency. The condo is just beautiful and the view of the beach perfect you couldn't ask for more . This was our first time in Barbados and it's a beautiful island. St Lawrence gap was very quiet during our visit which was a bit disappointing as I was expecting a real buzz after reading lots of reviews , the locals said it was quiet but would pick up in November. We did a tour of the Island which was very interesting and informative we booked the tour with island tours just near dover market shop and I would highly recommended them . We celebrated my husband's 50th birthday while In Barbados and for dinner I had booked Champers restaurant 'WOW' for 5 guests we had a 3 course dinner with a bottle of prosecco and cocktails and what a meal we had it cost just over €900 barbados dollars and was worth every penny. They personalised our menu with a birthday message and photo of my Husband all sorted through email back in England and they did not disappoint. All in all we had a lovely week away and I would highly recommend Donal and his beautiful condo and would like to say a huge thank you to him. I shall miss falling asleep and waking up to the sound of the ocean blissful

Explorer6...
“Highly recommended beach front apartment!”
Reviewed September 18, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Extremely impressed with the quality of the apartment. Easy to deal with the owner and property manager - both very responsive. Apartment was clean with modern interior. Dover beach is quiet but friendly. There is a life guard on duty and you can rent beach chairs for $10 Barbados dollars a day ($5 US) each. Great bar on the beach too for rum punch! Nice cafe across the street for breakfast (Bliss cafe) - owner friendly and food was excellent. All in all we loved this apartment and would recommend it to others.

Lisa H
“Awesome Location”
Reviewed August 8, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I would highly recommend this apartment .The location of 201 was excellent. The apartment was more than we expected and the staff that greeted us were lovely .Our family of 6 had more than enough space and the beach was right at our doorstep .
We will diffently return! Taxi's were just out the front gate and we would totally recommend Steven he was fantastic.Kenny and Roach for beach chairs couldn't have been nicer.

Your age range 35-49
Lex L
“Post Habitat Build - Home Away from home!”
Reviewed August 4, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I booked this room for me and 4 of my friends. We planned to stay in Barbados after a week of building houses in Trinidad and Tobago. Donal was communicative and easy to book through. We were so grateful to have the washer and dryer so we could clean all of our dirty clothes. We loved being able to cook in the kitchen and eat on the patio. It was accessible to everything, safe and beautiful. The condo was clean and the property manager and concierge took good care of is. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. The condo has everything you need...even a small library of books on the TV stand. The rooms were beautifully decorated and had plenty of pillows and towels.

A couple of tips:
1).Download WhatsApp since that's how everyone communicates. Ask the concierge Andrea for Orman's number as he is an amazing driver and will shuttle you around!!! He took us on a shopping trip in Bridgetown and proudly showed us his town.
2). Try out Bliss cafe across the street for awesome waffles and yummy coffee.
3). Go to the Massy grocery store to stock up its a 5 minute drive and Orman will take you! If you forget something, go to the Dover Market...it's down the road on the left past Bliss & across from the surf school.
4). Book your excursions through Andrea, the concierge. Make sure to go only the Jolly Roger as it was a super fun booze cruise and well worth the money.
5). Negotiate the prices of your chairs each day when laying out on the beach.
6). Definitely go to Tapas for a high end dining experience.
7). Best dive bar goes to the Gap Bar, down the road on the right. Late night kareoke always a plus.
8). Pronto across the street has cheap good food and drinks. Try the Rotis.
9). You can walk to The Gap within 15 minutes but if you want a driver, Orman will take you.
10). The condo was perfectly located on the corner of the building with an excellent view and we never had any problems with noise or security concerns.

Highly recommend this place and will definitely be back!!

Lexie Palacio

Management Response
Aug 18, 2017
Thank you so much Lexie .
Thanks for taking the time to review my property.
Donal and trish.
Vanessa R
“Perfect condo for family vacation”
Reviewed July 10, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Let me first start off by saying that this condo was perfect for us, and Donal (the owner) and the property managers (Anita and Justin from Blue Sky Luxury) were wonderful to work with. This was my first time renting a condo from trip advisor so I was nervous, but the owner made sure to put me at ease. He was very responsive and helpful since day one.

As soon as we arrived we felt just like at home. The condo is very comfortable and spacious so we had no trouble at all accommodating our family of 5. Everything was well taken care of and we found every little single kitchen gadget and utensil we needed to fix about any meal we felt like cooking. We found food to be pretty expensive at Barbados, so we cooked most of our meals at the condo and ate them at the balcony overlooking Dover beach. The view and the sound of the ocean were priceless. Best view ever... If you do the same I recommend you to go to any Massy store to get your groceries.... do not go to the convenience store near the condo or else you will have to pay 2 to 3 times the price for every item.

This condo is so perfectly located. I had never stayed so close to the water before. It is in a corner on the second floor so the view is amazing you have a full view of Dover beach. We enjoyed the balcony every single day. The master bed also is perfectly aligned so that the beach is the first thing you see when you wake up. All beds and pillows in all bedrooms were very comfortable and we had cleaning twice a week to replace all linens and towels. However, since the condo has washer and dryer we cleaned the beach towels every day.

There are 2 flat tvs in the condo. 1 is in the living room and the other in the master and both are smart tvs so you can watch Netflix, youtube, etc. There is also a good selection of books in the unit , and 1 small cooler that we found very helpful for the beach. The unit didn't have any beach toys for the kids, but we bought some and left them there for other guests to use.

During the time we went Dover beach had a lot of seaweed but we were told that it is usually not like that. We encountered some bad weather. However, this was not an issue for us because we could walk to another beach, and since we rented a car we actually drove around the whole island to explore. I recommend to rent a car and explore as much as possible. Barbados has too many spectacular beaches that should not be missed. Just as an FYI... if you plan to rent a car think about the size. The parking space assigned to unit 201 is very small and since there are columns on 1 side and a wall on the other the car seriously fits like a glove and you need to park in reverse. Unless you are an excellent driver maybe try getting a smaller car ;-) We had a full size car and spent some good 20 minutes trying to park the first day lol it was embarrassing... at the end Anita and Justin managed to get us another parking spot and we had no trouble afterwards.

Without any doubt I would not hesitate to rent this condo again. We absolutely loved it.

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing