“Superb”

Pisces
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Formerly Pisces Restaurant, the newly renovated Primo Bar & Bistro is making waves on the Barbadian scene. Under the patronage of Executive Chef Larry Rogers, the open-plan restaurant and lounge located just off the boardwalk is an ideal spot for more casual dining or just a quick bite and drinks. The varied eclectic menu with a subtle West Indian influence includes an extensive variety of fresh seafood, meat and pasta dishes. Eat, drink and relax in a unique ocean chic setting overlooking the picturesque bay in St. Lawrence Gap.
Deal, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Excellent seafood. Scallops out of this world asa was the lobster.. Lovely view over the water. May not be a bad idea to book.

Visited October 2012

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“70th Birthday”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had a lovely birthday meal with my wife Anne on the 15th march, great food nice staff friendly manager, would like to thank Canadian couple Karen and Chris for making the night special. Don Bell.

New York City, New York
“A little gem in the Gap”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Pisces is such a little gem in the Gap. The setting is absolutely lovely - right on the water and so beautiful at night. A very relaxing and pretty place to dine for an evening. My girlfriends and I dined there during a recent trip to Barbados for a girls weekend and we really loved this place. We were pleasantly surprised by just how lovely it actually is! We are New Yorkers and a little picky with food and we thought the food was excellent! Great presentation and delicious taste! The staff was very friendly and super accommodating - especially with the dietary restrictions in our group. Really could not have asked for a better evening with great food and a beautiful yet related atmosphere.

Reading, UK
“Overrated and overpriced”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten out every night of our holiday so far. We have had some great meals, some average meals and this meal. I have to say that the location and ambience at Pisces are stunning, perched on the water at St Lawrence Gap with low mood lighting and tinkling music, it is beautiful. I also have to say that other people in our hotel ate here and rated it but I can only give you my view.

Service - the guy who was serving us was the must grumpy waiter I have had in ages. He didnt raise a smile the whole time he served us. In London you get that occasionally but here in Barbados, the people we have met have always been cheerful and happy. I dont want a comedian but a smile is not a big ask.

Food - To start I had Calamari and my wife had Greek salad. The Calamari was over cooked and dry and the only thing Greek about the salad was the fact it had feta cheese on top. It wasnt dressed or presented in a way that made it look in any way appetising - regardless we ate both starters.

My main course was steak which had a choice of sauces. It was only when it arrived at the table did I realise that a mushroom sauce had been selected without me being asked, the dish was incredibly salty and lukewarm but I opted to eat it. My wife ordered seared Tuna which arrived at the table cold - not lukewarm, just cold. We sent it back and it reappeared 5 minutes later warmed up but rather dried out (there was no apology whatsoever) My daughter had fish and chips which she said were great !! We left without deserts (which should be taken as an indication ofhow unhappy we were)

It could be that we were just unlucky, that we had a bad waiter and a couple of bad dishes. However, looking at other reviews there do seem to be a number of comments about a great location but ok food. For £170, I want more than just ok food - especially in Barbados where there are some great restaurants. There is no chance of me going back in there and in hindsight now typing this, I wish I had spoken to the manager at the time as it was really poor. I would ask anyone that goes here to really consider whether the food you are being served is good enough and if its not, then say something to the restaurants management. Rant over.

Jersey, United Kingdom
“Delish!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is an awesome little restaurant literally on the waters edge with great views. Nothing overly posh but extremely comfortable and I was impressed with the food and great service (which says a lot as we visited the Cliff the night before and it was so incredibly stuck up that I wondered why I was paying all that money towards a rude host). Oh and the rum punch is yummy, of course!