“Very friendly, clean and convenient”
Review of Meridian Inn

Meridian Inn
St. Lucia
“Very friendly, clean and convenient”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is one of several small apartment hotels in the St. Lawrence Gap area - they buildings are not new, but the Meridian is kept very clean, rooms are recently panted and the area is pretty quiet. There's ample pots, plates etc to make a range of food.
I stayed in 3 rooms over 2 stays - the best was on the 1st floor (1 floor up). Ground floor is nice too but noisier of course and the 2nd floor (rm10) was lovely except the air conditioner needs replacing as it's too noisy.
There's a gorgeous small beach less than a minute's walk away, decent convenience store, coffee shops, varied restaurants etc very close by. Bus to wherever about a 10 min walk from the hotel.
I will stay there again - the staff are so friendly and helpful and overall, it's well priced and very convenient!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I've stayed at Meridian Inn almost every year since 2003. I have full understanding that I get exactly what I pay for and more. I'm not rich and cant afford to stay in big fancy hotels but what I get at Meridian I wouldn't necessarily trade for anything else. Meridian regulars get a sense of family as the hotel has always been run by lovely people despite ownership changes. I stay in the same room and yes some things are dated but do you expect for the prices paid for the room. There's no pool? so what? you have the big wide sea a few footsteps away. I went last year and this year and this year I've noticed the area has improved and there are fewer young men just hanging on the corner. In fact i didn't see any. Location-wise you have the fun and convenience of all the nightlife of St Lawrence Gap but at the same time its at the quieter end of the gap so you can escape, the Dover mini-market is a minute's walk away so you can get all you need there. Service-wise I can never fault the lovely Michelle and Juliette and also Paulette, and the housekeeping staff are warm, friendly and trust worthy.
I'll return again and again to my second home.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank channybm
Trinidad
Reviewed June 13, 2011

this hotel is close to everything you will love it once you realize you can walk to everywhere from there, we had so many beaches to choose from we enjoyed eating from Scotty's we had lunch there every day am really glad we stayed here it was really easy for us to access public transportation both bus and the mini z vans.

we tried food from various places you have a lot to choose from we did the Oistins fish fry but personally i loved Scotty's food the best maybe we will try another vendor at the fish fry on our next visit and will compare it. this hotel should have a pool and our stay would of been heaven, staff are really friendly thanks Michelle for being so friendly and helpful

room service was great they keep the rooms really clean we enjoyed our stay here it was comfortable we can't wait to go back

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Bridgetown, Barbados
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I stayed at Meridian Inn for numerous reasons.I like the rates.Rooms are nice and clean with ac, hot and cold shower and a kitchenette.Wi-fi is also available.There's no restaurant or swimming pool but supermarket, beach,restaurants and swimming pool are within walking distance. Staff were nice and friendly.Hotel is great for peace and relaxation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank answal
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We stayed here for 1 week. If all you need is a place to sleep then this is a great value, no frills option.
The reception is only open during the day - apart from our arrival we were never around when it was open. There was a good amount of visitor information leaflets on display and free wi-fi connection.
There is no swimming pool on site, but for $10 bds you can use the one across the road and it is also very close to a beautiful beach.
The bedroom walls were quite thin - we could hear coughing next door, but we were not bothered by this. The air conditioning unit was very noisy (but necessary) and easily ignored with earplugs.
The rooms are fitted with small kitchenettes - well equipped for basic meal preparation. A supermarket is just across the road.
The bathroom was clean, the towels were a little worn but not dirty. Only soap is provided. The maid came daily and the sheets were changed regularly during our stay.
If all you want is a (quietish) base for an inexpensive week on this beautiful island then I recommend it.

Room Tip: Located at the quieter end of St Lawrence Gap .
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BarbadosMillie
London.England.
Reviewed March 27, 2011

This is a place I would definitely recommend. Fantastic location 2 minutes walk to the beach - 5 minutes walk to the heart of St Laurence Gap which is a lively, upbeat place full of restaurants and bars.
The accommodation is very basic with fridge, cooking facitlities, shower, balcony etc... The rooms are immaculately clean with regular towel changes. Money can be exchanged at the reception, this leads me to pass on just how amazing Michelle at reception was. I needed to obtain a marriage certificate for a friend (lost original) and mentioned it to Michelle - that was it :0)) :o)) she was sooooo supportive and completely dealt with my problem. I want to thank Michelle so much for everything... The phone calls, going to Bridgetown, organising cabs.... On the day I was leaving Michelle went back into Bridgetown determined that I was not going to go home without it - true to her word and persistance she arrived at my door with a big smile and marriage certificate in hand. HOW AMAZING IS THAT FOR SERVICE. I travel extensively and have never ever experienced such kindness and support anywhere in the world.
The rooms may be basic however full marks for cleanliness, service, location and the outstanding priority they offer their guests.
Thank you to everyone, especially Michelle.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank ell1stwig
Long Island
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Although I was informed by the clerk that the front desk was closed when I called [they're only open about 8-5:30], the pleasant clerk agreed to meet me at the hotel to get me registered; this was around 19:30 hrs. The room was clean and plainly furnished, a little long in the tooth but not disagreeably so. I had 2 twin beds, the TV worked fine, and they have wi-fi in the rooms [way more important than the TV]. There was no phone or clock. The room also had a small kitchen area [microwave, two burner hot plate, toaster & coffee maker], plus an assortment of other cooking and eating utensils]. The toilet worked well, and there was only a shower, with plenty of hot water. NO BUGS...that was good to see, also. The wi-fi was a bit spotty at times, but worked well overall. Hopefully, they'll improve that service in the future. In general, I was very pleased with the Meridian Inn; it is NOT fancy in any way, but all I needed & wanted was a clean place to lay my head at night, with an internet connection, and they filled the bill nicely. Oh, they also had an a/c that cooled off the room nicely, not cold, but comfy.

The only downside, though, was this odd, squeaking noise that is in the area of the hotel, which you can hear even a couple of blocks from the hotel. However, the a/c drowned it out just fine.

In addition, there's a convenience store, the Dover Market, around the corner with good pre-cooked Bajan food, served out of steam trays. Among the food I tried was the salt fish, cou-cou, and flying fish. It was pretty tasty, and you know it's real Bajan food, not some chain restaurants version of Bajan food.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
#1 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Rostrevor Hotel
Rostrevor Hotel
#5 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap

Been to Meridian Inn? Share your experiences!