Just returned from a relaxing family vacation to Southern Palms Beach Hotel. Wanted to provide perspective;
1) Good location on a beautiful beach with good swimming. Sea Turtles are clearly visible form the beach in front of the hotel. 2 pools One large and one small. Both pools cleaned daily-plenty of loungers at both pools.
2) Hotel is dated, however is well maintained with clean hotel rooms and facilities. Grounds are in good overall condition with daily maintenance.
3) Hotel Room (OF room 204) was equiped with basic needs including mini safe (3$/day fee), tv, a mini fridge and kettle. Added bonus on arrival was a bottle of Barbados rum and two Coke's.
4) Good quality and variety of food in restaurant.
5) Close proximity and easy walking distance to area restaurants and shopping.
6) Friendly hotel Staff.
1) Hotel room bed was very uncomfortable -worn out and in desparate need of replacement. Was unable to get a good nights sleep.
2) Hotel Restaurant food was very over priced-good news is you can go directly across the street and pay approximately 40% less for your meal.
3) Local Beach pests-2 legged rodents selling necklaces/coconuts/aloa /boat cruises...you name it you can expect to be bothered several times each day- saying no thanks seems to send most but not all away--they don't bother you on the hotel property.
4) Could hear garbage pick up and removal at approximately 3:30am each morning-Street nosie becomes elevated Frid/Sat nights to 3 am.
Overall this hotel provides good value for the money and is in a very good location-
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Southern Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Southern Palms Christ Church
- Southern Palms Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap