“Great Time at the Time Out Hotel! :)”
Review of Time Out Hotel

Time Out Hotel
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed a week at the Time Out Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my time here. First of all, the location was perfect. Not only is it literally across the street from the beach, but it is also right down the street from the hottest bars, night clubs, and restaurants in Barbados. Secondly, the staff was very kind, helpful, and hospitable! I could not have been more thankful for their level of professionalism and genuine care for their guests. Also enjoyed a delicious breakfast at their downstairs restaurant, The Sporting Pig, at a reasonable price. The pictures on the website, I don't think do the place justice as I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival. My room was big and welcoming, and had a balcony view that I also enjoyed after recovering from a fun night out. The hotel is a humble place to stay and definitely worth it's value. I would happily recommend it as a great choice to stay when visiting Barbados. :)

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank GeoF21
Donna B, Reservations Supervisor at Time Out Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear GeoF21,

Thank you for sharing this review and for your recommendation of Time Out Hotel, We are all extremely delighted to know that you had such an amazing experience here with us and we thank you for highlighting the fantastic features of our rooms and the outstanding service provided by our commendable team.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back to Time Out Hotel in the near future.

Regards
Donna Byer

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I recently stayed at Time Our hotel for my birthday and I can honestly my friends and I were more than happy with this hotel! I choose this hotel because after reading reviews everyone commented on the great location, and they were right! Exactly right across the street from the beach. Surrounded by souvenir shops, local lounges, restaurants, karaoke! ( bajans LOVE karaoke lol) and much more. There is a breakfast place right next door run by a woman and her daughter. The jerk chicken panani's were amazing! As far as the hotel staff they were the nicest hotel staff I have come across , and I do quite alot of traveling. Pierre was more than helpful with helping me book a party cruise. And Michelle was very nice as well, even sending a complimetary bottle of wine to my room for my bday! I have read reviews speaking of how unsanitary the rooms were however we did not experience that. We stayed in a room viewing the pool. Rooms are a bit out dated but nothing to complain about if you just need to change clothes and sleep. The hotel also has a bar/ restaurant which I did not frequent however friends told me the food and drinks were good. I will say that the pictures of the hotel that are offered do not show the true beauty of the hotel. It looks much more appealing to the eye in person. As this was my first time in Barbados i will definitely be back, hopefully for their food, wine,and rum festival. And if I do I will not hesitate to book Time Out!

2  Thank Brittany N

Dear Brittany N,

A warm thank you for sharing this wonderful review of your recent stay with us! We are truly delighted that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable and memorable holiday experience for your birthday which exceeded expectations, as this is what we continuously strive to achieve.

Thank you for highlighting the outstanding service that our team provided, we will be sure to pass your comments to the mentioned.

We truly appreciate your recommendation of Time Out Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to Time Out Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had 14 nights here and can highly recommend Time Out as a great budget hotel. You certainly get your money's worth. Room was clean and serviced each day with ample towels for pool too. Staff are friendly and newly refurbished restaurant was good with a decent breakfast and efficient service. Would certainly return.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool are quiet
2  Thank carobeach
Donna B, Reservations Supervisor at Time Out Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

A warm thank you for sharing this review of your recent stay at Time Out Hotel
It is such a great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us.

At Time Out we place a strong emphasis on guest satisfaction, therefore it gives us great pride when guests such as yourself comment on the service they received.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Time Out Hotel soon

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We needed a hotel room for 4 for one night in Barbados and chose Time Out Hotel because of very reasonable price and reviews. We were not disappointed. Our flight from Miami was delayed three hours but the hotel shuttle was still there when we arrived. We had a spacious room with two double beds and bath. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, we could not take advantage of the beautiful grounds and pool since we had to leave that morning. Only disappointment, the coffee at breakfast was instant. Other than that, a nice place to stay.

1  Thank cruzluvers
Donna B, Reservations Supervisor at Time Out Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Ms_Fernweh , Thanks for sharing this review of your recent stay stay with us at Time Out Hotel we continuously strive to provide our guest with an exceptional and memorable holiday even if it is for a short time, it gives us great pleasure to know that even though you did not stay a long time with us to take advantage of all of our facilities you have a great stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Time Out again the near future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here in august and it was terrible!!!! the rooms were dirty. Bugs were EVERYWHERE. They wouldn't provide wash clothes unless I requested??? Who the hell does that?? To make matters worse, I paid for a King-size bed and was reduced to sleeping on two twin beds that I kept falling in between the whole night. I loooove barbados but this place needs to be shut down and soon. All of my friends have been warned not to come here, and now, so have you.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank DGoldberg12
Donna B, Reservations Supervisor at Time Out Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear DGoldgerg12,

We truly appreciate and value your review of our hotel and would like to take this opportunity to humbly apologise for not meeting your expectations.

As we are in the business of service & hospitality, it is within our best interest to ensure that all guests are well accommodated. Since your review, the issue of cleanliness has been addressed along with the specific type of accommodation you had to settle for. We’re pleased to report that since your stay with us, we have had numerous guests come through our hotel and express their satisfaction with what we had to offer.

We sincerely hope that your love for Barbados not only brings you back to Barbados but affords Time Out Hotel a second chance at having you stay with us. It would be my absolute pleasure to meet with you directly and ensure we make your stay better than the previous one.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This property is located along the St Lawrence Gap, and directly opposite Dover Beach. What more could you ask for? Night life and beach life all in one! The room was clean and comfortable, with friendly employees. A little night life at the hotel also made the difference on the nights we were too beat to head out.
If you are looking for somewhere convenient and a comfortable place just to rest your head when the night comes, this is a perfect little escape.
With the ocean so close we never even made it to the pool, even though it really did look inviting.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Unlike some previous visitors there wasn't an issue with outside noise. I don't know whether that's because we went out-of-season. Staff generally friendly with a few exceptions. Joy-Anne the cleaner deserves a special mention as nothing was too much trouble for her. Check-out was 12noon but because we had an evening flight our pick-up time was around 5. At first we had a lot of trouble getting an extension or shower room. But on the day, a room was made available immediately for us so we just wheeled the cases across the landing. We got locked out for being dirty stopouts a couple of times but we were buzzed straight in. It didn't appear to be a problem. We dined in the hotel a couple of times and we found the food and prices both very good. The beach is literally 40 yards away.It's everything you imagine a Caribbean beach to be - white sand, clear blue sea. Because the beach is so good and so close the hotel pool is criminally under-used, which is a shame because it's really good. There are 26 beds but we never saw more than 6 people at a time there. Just a suggestion, they could remove a few beds and put a few more umbrellas up - because that sun really is a demon. However there is always a wonderful cooling breeze so you don't boil. You have to be careful though because you can burn in the breeze and not notice until it's too late. The hotel bar is ok and half a dozen beach bars are 20 yards away (only 3 were open when we were there) - we frequented De Shack and Daddy's Bar a lot. There are a few more places a few minutes walk away but strangely there's a huge gap between venues after that (off season anyway).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
#5 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Dover Beach Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Dover

Been to Time Out Hotel? Share your experiences!