“Lovely hotel”
Review of Time Out Hotel

Time Out Hotel
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Just arrived back from a 2 week stay in Barbados, staying at the Time Out hotel, I've been to Barbados 7 times staying at, The Casserina (now the Almond beach Casserina), Silver Sands and Southern Palmes, Yes they have flashy receptions ,nice garden and are on the beach but to my absolute surprise the Time Out has bar far the friendliest, most helpful, and really nice staff. The room are basic but to be honest the pool view rooms with a balcony are no different to the Casserina rooms. The rooms are cleaned spotless every day. The included continental breakfast is perfect. We are not bar people but the Bar staff are absolutely great. We eat out most nights at, Harlequin, Champers, Tapas, Pisces and also the Barbecue Barn but one night we were bushed and said lets eat in at the bar restaurant , i kid you not, you might not sit at a table overlooking the waves but the food is as good as all the other top restaurants. each time we used the pool we had the lovely swimming pool to ourselves again very clean and tidy. The stunning Dover Beach is literally 2 minutes over the very quiet road and The Little beach bar in the corner serves great food. If you want to spend your holiday money on flash hotels don't go here !!! if you want to spend your holiday money on going out, hiring a car, and having fun then book the Time Out cos the difference will allow you to do this and you wont be disappointed. Thanks Katrina, Aaron, Ryan, Steve,Aaron, and music man (you know who i mean ha ha ) and all the staff for making our stay so nice. Ray and Carron (two Pina colada)

Room Tip: We had a pool view room, very quiet (no dogs barking as suggested by someone else) on the third floo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RaynCarron
Donna B, Reservations Supervisor at Time Out Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Rayn Carron,
A warm thank you for sharing this review of your recent stay with us at Time Out Hotel. At Time Out we continuously strive to provide our guests with an exceptional and memorable holiday experience which exceeds their expectations, thus it gives us great pleasure to know that we were able to provide you with such an experience.

We thank you for your kind remarks about the service provided by our excellent team, not only in the hotel but in the restaurant as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Time Out Hotel in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Time Out Hotel

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My friends and I stayed at Time Out Hotel for my birthday November 2012 and we had a blast. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. We received very basic breakfast but it was great because it was inclusive in our very affordable nightly rates. The only thing that I had an issue with is that the hotel locks up at night, which I know is for our security but I feel better being able to walk in and out freely without someone coming to open for me at night. Generally I had a great stay and will stay again in future.

Room Tip: If going with friends...stay on the ground floor, where your rooms lead directly to the pool. Couple...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Got in late for an early departure the following morning.

The room was basic but served it's purpose. Id recommend a pool view.

Security served as front desk late at night and before 7am, but he was great!

I'd return.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for a week, and let's just say it was a new and unpleasant experience for us. The main problem for us was with the basic necessities you expect hotels to offer. Although our room was serviced everyday, we did not receive clean towels/rags on a daily basis. We would make numerous request, all of which were met with some rediculous excuse. I mean we showered daily, most times a couple times in one day and were expected to use the same towels for multiple days. There were times when we received attitude from staff at the front desk, almost as if we were a bother to them. Thankfully, we did receive good service from the nighttime security guard who looked out for us, and also from the staff at the restaurant/bar in the hotel itself. They were very helpful and polite with us, and provided us with delicious breakfast. Furthermore, the hotel is nicely located across from the beach and along the gap. If having clean towels and linens and great service is not important for you, then by all means stay here; but for us it was a deal breaker.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank SheenaStar
Donna B, Reservations Supervisor at Time Out Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear SheenaStar,

I wish to thank you for making mention of the good service you received from the nighttime security guard, along with the restaurant/bar staff.

Please do accept our humblest apologies for the issues you reported during your stay with us. We have taken your comments to heart and as a result, have taken the necessary steps to improve on the level of service encountered by all guests to our hotel.

Should you plan another vacation in the future, please do consider staying with us again as we would like to share with you how best we can improve on your Time Out experience.

Regards
Donna Byer

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Accomodations are very basic. The front desk ppl are nice but you may not get the same answer from all of them. I had a room facing the field and was able to watch games from my room.

Sporting Pig- bar downstairs is friendly and has daily happy hours. The breakfast is expensive and minimal ..you are better off going up the road to Pablo Donte’s or Scotty or even the Dover Market.
The beach is steps away and there is always lively activity. This is an not all inclusive so be prepared for the money you cant beat it. Only issue I had was the uninvited bugs in the room as the bathroom window was left open and the scarcity of towels. ( I had to ask for towels on a regular basis). Check the light fixtures and fridge before you commit to a room. This is the Caribbean and everything moves at a snail’s pace. All in all …I would stay there again..for the price ONLY.
However alot can be improved on as we are still paying guests and a basic level of service is expected.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Time Out Hotel. The entire site was clean, the staff are very helpful and friendly, and the pool is surrounded by a lovely landscape. I saw a monkey one time outline my balcony in a tree around 7 am. Very close and easy walk to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Our experience at Timeout Hotel was ok, the room was clean enough and the staff was ok. We got excellent service from one of the front desk representatives, Katrina who was sooooo helpful with everything from finding us the best vacation spots to getting us the most economical prices for everything that we we did. Even when we had a minor incident with one of the restaurant employees, she was on hand to help us out and make us feel comfortable. I have to say without her our experience at Timeout would have been just awful! I'd say the hotel is average, but if you're looking for somewhere to stay on a budget, its not a bad choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Coconut Court Beach Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Dover

Been to Time Out Hotel? Share your experiences!