“An unexpected treasure and pleasure rolled into one, with a topping of great pricing.”
Review of Time Out Hotel

Time Out Hotel
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had to travel to Bim unexpectantly. So I was looking for a cheap place to stay. Normally when that is the case you make up your mind to take what you get. Time Out made a definite impression on me. I only paid $65US a nite and got what I consider a steal of a deal. Lovely place. Hassle free check in. Clean room. King size bed. Hot and cold water with shower and tub. Air Condition. Functional Balcony. Room furniture other than the bed. Flat screen cable TV. Coffee maker. In room safe and Daily house keeping. Also a very comfortable size clean pool (not a baby pool). This combination I normally don't expect for that fantastic price. As I said I kept waiting for the short fall. It never came.

The price / special did not include breakfast. But there is a open air island style restaurant situated on the compound that can more than cater to your every need. And even if you choose to venture out the hotel is situated in what is considered the most tourist foucused street in barbados. The St Lawrence Gap. So there are ample local treasures to feast on within a stone's throw.

If value for money is the treasure. Then the customer service is the pleasure. From checking in, to query resoloution, to engaging guest constantly to make them feel welcomed, to check out. The staffers were on top of their game. Two names that stand out are Lisa and Katrina. If your lucky enough to run into these ladies whilst there, then your in safe hands.

Lastly. Something I am accustomed to only getting in, ummmm let's call it more expensive hotels. Your check out time is noon. But ur flight is 8pm. Time Out not only offers you a slightly later check out for free, up to a certain time and based on room availability. They also have the feature of a Luggage Room. Where you check out, leave ur luggage locked in a secure room. You can go kill the excesstime at your own lesiure and come collect your bags closer to your flight time. For the price. Well done Time out. Well done

So if u make it to Bim check out Time Out. Its def worth it.

JW
Trini 2D Bone.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank JustMalice
There are newer reviews for Time Out Hotel

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This clean and simple hotel is probably the best value anywhere in Barbados for this on a budget or not wanting to spend much but still getting a very pleasant place to sleep and veg. All the staff are very pleasant. The whole property is very clean throughout and there is an inviting pool and patio. The rooms are good sized with a mini-fridge, kettle and flat screen TV. The TV picture quality is terrible in all 11 stations (10 from USA), worse than typical analogue quality - more like poor reception with rabbit ears as antenna - but it is still watchable as a temporary thing while away from home. The mattress was great for sleeping. Internet on the 3rd floor is not great but excellent on the main and 2nd floor so you may want to ask for a room accordingly if that is important but you can still go to the lobby for better internet.

The property is across the street from Dover Beach (which is excellent) and a short walk from the excitement of St. Lawrence gap restaurants, bars and stores ... lots of variety to choose from close by. Do not hesitate to book this property, especially if you can get a specail discount rate direct from the hotel through their web site.

Room Tip: Pool view might be quieter but I had no problem with a street view. Ask for main or 2nd floor if yo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This IS what I would call the "special" jewel in the Crown of St. Lawrence Gap! I knew from the time I walked through the door, I knew that this was the place for me. EVERYONE from the front desk reception (Pierre, Katina and others), restaurant, pool and cleaning staff (Judith) were exceptionally friendly and professional!!!

For the price, you cannot get it any better. The place is directly located across the street from a beautiful beach and close to shopping and other restaurants. I had a pool side room. I was able to walk to all of the parties and restaurants in the area. I hardly ever had to resort to cabs and public transportation is also right there at the door.

The only drawback, if you consider it one, it is a 3rd floor walk up, so do not over back, However, the staff was so great they helped with bringing our bags up to the 3rd floor,

Overall, I am designating the Time Out Hotel, my new place to escape to in the Caribbean! I booked my room to return the end of July for Crop Over! Thanks, Pierre, Katrina, Judith and family at Time Out for making my trip so special. You all are the BEST!!!

Room Tip: Excellent price, perfect location for the Gap and perfect if you are a woman traveling alone. I was...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our welcome was exceptional- we were greeted by friendly staff who went the extra mile to provide the best possible accomodation. The location is the best you can get for the price - beautiful Dover beach across the stree (2 minute walk). The rooms were clean and comfortable. The beach and night life is really great. Access to transportation- excellent and the airport is a short distance away. We went to Harrison Cave, Oistin's fish fest. You can walk to shops and places to eat. Breakfast at the hotel was good. We had dinner elsewhere. The staff was supberb -Katrina, Ryan, Lisa and all the other staff were always helpful. We were not looking for fitness center since we can walk along St.Lawrence Gap. Very relaxing place to be. Recommend if you are not looking for 5 star location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great experience for the price. The Time Out is not a resort. It's a simple hotel located across the street from Dover Beach. I've stayed here twice and I haven't had any problems. My room was clean and neat and the staff was quite friendly. I've seen that people complain about the restaurant. I've only eaten in the restaurant once and I enjoyed my breakfast. But there are quite a few restaurants, and bars nearby so you aren't stuck eating here if for some reason you not like the food.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Since I couldnt find the Restaurant on this site I decided to look up the hotel. My stay in the hotel was great friendly staff and all. My Turn off was the restaurant. The morning staff always seemed so unpleasant there was one fruity character called Anthony was always flirting with my male companion to his discourse. It was absolutely uncomfortable and worst off he had these long dreads and not once did I ever see him in a hair net which made me wonder what standards the restaurant really ran on. The food at best was great at dinner time because in the morning the wait for a poor representation of breakfast took forever to come by the time it came the hunger was so unbearable you couldnt eat the food until you'd had coffe or tea.... I mostly enjoyed the evening staff a Supervisor named Steve and a very petite dimpled faced girl named Sharla both were amazing hosts and tended to us like we were dining at a 5 star restaurant. To my dissatisfaction i was only treated to this treatment once as after that I had to deal with seeing the dreadlocked guy morning and evening. This is not a bashing of gays as the hotel has a gay member on staff who was the utmost professional. Really the restaurant needs to get its act together its almost as if children were running it. I would stay at timeout again but maybe i'll eat else where.

Room Tip: The barman told me if you're an alcoholic you're best to room in 208 found it humourous but...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jess W
AliciaFarmer, General Manager at Time Out Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience in the restaurant with us. Our intention at Time Out Hotel is to provide professional and efficient service in all aspects of the hotel, which I am happy to hear were met, but also in the restaurant, even though it is a leased out entity it is still a part of our hotel and your experience there was less than satisfactory and for this we sincerely apologize.

Rest assured that your comments have been brought to the attention of the restaurant’s Management team, who will rectify the issues experienced during your stay so that they do not occur again in the future. Thank you for identifying those members of staff that were able to provide some comfort and satisfaction to you during your stay, your feedback will also be shared with them.

Once again we regret that your visit with us was less than satisfactory; we will continue to train our staff and execute standards that are geared to stimulate fond memories and high levels of customer satisfaction to our guests.

We truly hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

this hotel is really gr8 we are going to stay here again, front desk pierre michelle and lisa (they are the best ) the room were clean everyday by our good friend sabrina ....the restaurant the Spare ribs are the BEST the chef kevin did it for us and we had a really good time at the bar with Aaron.we are staying her again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Coconut Court Beach Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Dover

Been to Time Out Hotel? Share your experiences!