“Great Hotel Horrible Restaurant "The Sporting Pig"”
Review of Time Out Hotel

Time Out Hotel
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Since I couldnt find the Restaurant on this site I decided to look up the hotel. My stay in the hotel was great friendly staff and all. My Turn off was the restaurant. The morning staff always seemed so unpleasant there was one fruity character called Anthony was always flirting with my male companion to his discourse. It was absolutely uncomfortable and worst off he had these long dreads and not once did I ever see him in a hair net which made me wonder what standards the restaurant really ran on. The food at best was great at dinner time because in the morning the wait for a poor representation of breakfast took forever to come by the time it came the hunger was so unbearable you couldnt eat the food until you'd had coffe or tea.... I mostly enjoyed the evening staff a Supervisor named Steve and a very petite dimpled faced girl named Sharla both were amazing hosts and tended to us like we were dining at a 5 star restaurant. To my dissatisfaction i was only treated to this treatment once as after that I had to deal with seeing the dreadlocked guy morning and evening. This is not a bashing of gays as the hotel has a gay member on staff who was the utmost professional. Really the restaurant needs to get its act together its almost as if children were running it. I would stay at timeout again but maybe i'll eat else where.

Room Tip: The barman told me if you're an alcoholic you're best to room in 208 found it humourous but...
1  Thank Jess W
AliciaFarmer, General Manager at Time Out Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience in the restaurant with us. Our intention at Time Out Hotel is to provide professional and efficient service in all aspects of the hotel, which I am happy to hear were met, but also in the restaurant, even though it is a leased out entity it is still a part of our hotel and your experience there was less than satisfactory and for this we sincerely apologize.

Rest assured that your comments have been brought to the attention of the restaurant’s Management team, who will rectify the issues experienced during your stay so that they do not occur again in the future. Thank you for identifying those members of staff that were able to provide some comfort and satisfaction to you during your stay, your feedback will also be shared with them.

Once again we regret that your visit with us was less than satisfactory; we will continue to train our staff and execute standards that are geared to stimulate fond memories and high levels of customer satisfaction to our guests.

We truly hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

this hotel is really gr8 we are going to stay here again, front desk pierre michelle and lisa (they are the best ) the room were clean everyday by our good friend sabrina ....the restaurant the Spare ribs are the BEST the chef kevin did it for us and we had a really good time at the bar with Aaron.we are staying her again

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my frist visit to Barbados, Timeout Hotel was the best hotel in terms of price.
I look at some of the reviews & i was very concern. But i can tell you i did not received any of those things People said. Some of the reviews were things like breakfast, Staff not being nice.
Take it from me, This hotel is really amazing. It just like 20seconds walk to Dover Beach.
It's about 7 minutes walk from the night life Meaning the Party Joints & so on.

The Staff was very Helpfull & the hotel was very clean. The resturant staff was very helpfull
the breakfast was very satisying. The breafast was include in the price of the hotel. Everynight
I would get back to the hotel around 4:00 to 4:30am the doors would be closed but just press the bell once & the security guard would open the door. No long wait or things like that, On other nights before i could press the buzzer the security would open the door i found this to be very nice. This hotel was the best & i would stay there again. Not saying i can't afford a more expensive hotel. When i visit Barbados in the future i would stay at Timeout hotel. Even if i get someone give me a hotel at no cost ( FREE ) i would say thank you but no thanks. Timeout Hotel for me is the best hotel.

Sunil Maraj.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sunil M
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We got there at the hotel and for the first time our room wasn't ready,after visiting twice before.this is the only hotel I visit when I come to Barbados.we were dissappointed dat we had to wait buh we went over to visit some friends.atlast we were back and wow it was worth the wait.room 311 has been the best room Eva,the space Amazing,compared to the other views we 've had this one was to die for,finally we got everything we were looking for all in one room.I was so happy.My boyfriend got his shaver outlet to work.the hotel is welcoming,everything is available ,its the perfect spot.theres the beach just opposite to the hotel,u just name it,its rite there.there is so much I can say buh don't have that much time,gat to be in bed with my boo,its actually my last night at the hotel and I must say THANKS for room 311,made great memories there lol sssshhh..who knows when I will be back , the staff made this a 4 day trip to remember.I'm looking forward to be back in room 311 after sailing.....ohh one thing I would recommend would be better cable service,buh keep on doing a fine job.....

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank spicypuss
Reviewed March 30, 2013

It's a cute hotel with a nice pool and decent restaurant. But the best part is the close proximity to Dover Beach! We stayed 3 nights and had no issues. It was super quiet in the hotel and the balcony was great for having our breakfast or a read in the shade. We were here at the end of March.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Vacayforme
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Fantastically Great hotel
Fantastically Great service
Fantastically Great location
100% recommended
Only fault is local dogs constantly barking, MUST STRESS THIS IS NOT THE HOTELS FAULT, but you won't get any sleep!!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank LeadBy96Runs
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Check in: We got there and our room wasn't yet finished so Pierre was sweet enough to take our bags and hold them while we decided to walk around and tour the area. He was a great asset because he told us a few things we can visit while we wait. The area was clean and nicely decorated with the art work. Make sure you have a $100 for incidentals if you don't want to use your cc. they give it back the same way you give it to them and hold on to your receipt bec you will need it.

Room: very cozy and the bed was comfortable, there is a fridge and a tv, the only thing I would suggest is more lightening and more electric outlets bec we had to unplug a few things to charge our phone or play our ipod dock. there isn't any blow dryer or safe but I heard you can get it at the frt desk. I had a lock and locked my suitcase so our valuables were secure. They clean the roms everyday and early I might add. We stayed in room 203.

Bar Hotel Restaurant: the breakfast was good, he made me a grilled cheese and bacon which wasn't on the menu and it was delicious, lunch was also great and all the staff from the bartenders to the waitresses were so cool to be around and we tipped them very well and they told us that we were overpaying bec the money was 2 to 1 but we enjoyed there service and that was a 1st bec usually people take the money and run.

Pool: Always cleaned and you had plenty of space to swim, tan and listen to music by the poolside

Dover beach: right across the st and you had access to rent chairs which is $5 US for 2 chairs, cheap cheap cheap and the food restaurants from the Jazz to Daddy's and the other restaurants were superb. They don't try to sell you anything and harass you to get things they just ask u once. beautiful aqua water and great high waves the kids would love to surf if the brought there boards, very clean and the sand felt wonderful under your feet. the locals get use to you and hey conversate etc. Up the block is a great Chinese restaurant and steak house which was also inexpensive and cheap with free wifi, souvenirs the cheapest is this lady who is right next to Chinese rest right in the middle prices are beautiful, the only thing she doesn't have a cc machine.

Clubs: Reggae Lounge and Rebel are great you can walk but if you have heels u might be a little tired but it cost $5 US to take us there

All in all I love the location and the hotel hospitality and I will defiantly be back with more people for cropover 2013

2  Thank cheriyah8
#5 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Dover Beach Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Dover

Been to Time Out Hotel? Share your experiences!